G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Letting The G Go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Letting The G Go

last night i decided that im going to sell my car. I already have a buyer whos going to pay off my loan. Im planning to do it right this time...meaning i will save for almost a year wich will be 10k for a downpayment and another extra 10 for mods when i get the car. Now im im trying to decide if i should get a 04 6mt or something else...what do you guys think? its between a 97 supra, m3 (wich means id use the 20k for a down instead of half) any suggestions on other cars?

Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of G do you have now? And what was wrong with the way you were paying off your car?

Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
i have an 03 5at ...my payments are high since my moms credit wasnt the greatest and she already has a car under her name.. im paying 719 a month plus 240 insurance... i can afford it but it just seems like too much to be paying. im just trying to decide if i should stick with another G or get something else

Old 12-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Lemme get this...you're complaining about the payments of your 03' 5at but thinking about getting an 04' 6mt? Interesting... In any case, because you seem like a pretty young guy who's in a financial struggle, I would advise in getting a vehicle that you can either pay in full or at least make the monthly payments comfortably. So how much do you have right now?

Although the 97' Supra's a damn nice car, nonetheless, it's a 97'. I'd rather buy an 06' Civic or even a scion tc. Good luck on your decision

Old 12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
well like i said up above im going to sell the G and save for a good downpayment ..so that means i'll probably be driving my old car for a good 6 months to a year. I only put 1500 downpayment on this G. Correct me if i am wrong but wouldnt my payments be less if i put a fat downpayment on a car? this was my first car and i'll admit i rushed and got ****ed

Last edited by jimmytango00; 12-21-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Lemme get this...you're complaining about the payments of your 03' 5at but thinking about getting an 04' 6mt? Interesting... In any case, because you seem like a pretty young guy who's in a financial struggle, I would advise in getting a vehicle that you can either pay in full or at least make the monthly payments comfortably. So how much do you have right now?

Although the 97' Supra's a damn nice car, nonetheless, it's a 97'. I'd rather buy an 06' Civic or even a scion tc. Good luck on your decision
+1... i had a lot of difficulty understanding your initial post jimmy. listen to ljn... it's good sound advice. did u think of re-negotiating your current lease? if u have some money to put down i'm sure u can shove them a larger payment and reduce your overall monthly payments. seems like u want to go from one debt payment into another one. how many months do u have remaining? i hope it's not a year or less or something and now u want to start up another one for 3 more years. doesn't make much financial sense to me.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 PM
ok this is the complete story... when i bought my car i was super excited and i wasnt thinking straight. I bougth an 03 5at with 26k miles for 30k after everything i owe 35k for six years ( yes i got screwed) it was my first time buying a car and i didnt research wich i still beat my self in the head for it. Im not leasing im buying. One of my friends wants to buy my car and he's going to pay off what i owe....wich means i'll get out of the loan. Now what i plan to do after is stick with my old car and save up for a good down payment like 10k-15k. I can afford the car but i just feel like i screwed up and that sucks when i have to send my payment every month.. i keep thinking i could of gotten a better deal with lower payments

Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 PM
should i sell and re-buy a G? maybe get a better deal? or just sell and get something i can pay off at once and mod the hell out of it

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd say sell and re-buy a used G that you can pay off completely with the specific options you want. If you sell and shoot for something more expensive such as the M3...which is an amazing car that i'm sure everyone here wouldn't mind upgrading to, you'll be in nearly the same predicament.

Good luck.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:30 PM
true... but paying 719 for a G? i would think most m3 owners pay that much for their car but yeah your right im thinking of just rebuying a G again

Old 12-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmytango00
I only put 1500 downpayment on this G. Correct me if i am wrong but wouldnt my payments be less if i put a fat downpayment on a car?

Wow...only 1500 on a $30k purchase? That's insane...well I mean not really insane but not a wise financial decision. And yea, you're right, a bigger downpayment does mean smaller monthly but then again, you're going from ($1500 down) $28500 to lets say ($10k down) $20k over 5 yrs. Obviously there's gonna be a huge difference.

You always want to down as much money as possible because for the G35, interest rates over a 60 month period is currently 6.44%. Dude that's crazy!! Unless you're willing to go with a G35 sedan which interest rates can go a low as 1.9% thru Infiniti loans, I'd advise to down a large portion and pay your loan off asap!! Not the traditional 60 month that many of us take.

First question, why do you want a G35? Secondly, does your age/class fit the G35. ie - if your 21 yrs old, get an accord. Much cheaper..to the sound of almost $15k. That alone is your down. Third, how old are you? Age does play a vital role in auto loans. ie - Credit/FICO score

Last edited by LjN_728; 12-21-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jimmytango00
well like i said up above im going to sell the G and save for a good downpayment ..so that means i'll probably be driving my old car for a good 6 months to a year. I only put 1500 downpayment on this G. Correct me if i am wrong but wouldnt my payments be less if i put a fat downpayment on a car? this was my first car and i'll admit i rushed and got ****ed
Why not refinance it? I mean in the long run you will be paying a lot more out of your pocket.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
i dont get it! lol i mean i have someone who wants to pay my loan off and take my car...wich means i get to start all over again and do it right this time. im 21 and i have a good job that allows me to afford this car...i dont go to school and i live with my parents and they dont charge me rent... my moms credit isnt that bad but i think i got riped on the price. I know im young and this has been my dream car for a a few years and now that i can afford it why not? ... even if i dont get a G again i want to get something fun ...the supra sounds tempting but seems like parts and labor for these cars are expensive..and no warranty ..wich pulls me back into the G.. you said why i wanted a G? same reason you did ...they're sweet cars. Even with the payment i have now i have enough to pay my car ins. and have fun ..but i keep thinking that im paying too much and i know my payments could have been alot lower but i screwed up.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Why not refinance it? I mean in the long run you will be paying a lot more out of your pocket.
ive only had the car 6 months... is that even possible yet?

Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I hope the "friend" you're selling it to is more of an acquaintance than a truely close friend, otherwise you're going to be screwing him over too.

If you value your friendship with that person, you should consider this. You could always put it up for sale on autotrader for like 60 bucks until it sells for the price that you desire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Letting The G Go