G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Making the Switch from Acura to Infiniti ! ! !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making the Switch from Acura to Infiniti ! ! !

First, I just want to say I've been reading and loving this site and it's forum for sometime, and I must say, 'I love you guys'.

Now on to busness. I've owned my Acura for 5 months now, and I am just not happy. My car: 2003 Acura CL-S white/tan navi, on-star, comptech icebox, headers, and anit-sway bars. Don't get me wrong. It's a real nice car. Very fast and technologically advanced.

However, I recently went down to my local Infiniti dealer, (several times), and test drove the G35C (also several times). OH - MY - GOD !
Whatever I thought about my car previously is now out the window! There is no comparison. The G35C (and I drove 3 different ones), felt twice as fast. The TORQUE! Oh my god the TORQUE is off the scale, (especialy compared to my current Acura CL-S). The handling was much tighter on the turns, (almost vette tight), but forgiving, not too bumpy.

Anyway, needless to say I am a true convert. The G35 coupe seems to be the 'perfect car'. Perfect for me anyway. So , , , the Acura's in the paper and trader. However at this point I feel it would be foolish to purchace an 03 this late in the year. Think I must wait another month and get an 04 G35C. I'm thinking: Premium pkg and wheel pkg. Colors considering: White, Carribean blue, or Red.

That's all for now. Look forward to conversing with you all soon.

Sincerly, Switch

Old 08-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Re: Making the Switch from Acura to Infiniti ! ! !

I had an A-CLs before my G35c also. Silver/Black Navi-2001. You're going to take a big hit on the sale of it. I bought it for 31,000 and sold it for 21,000 two years later, talk about depreciation. Plus the Auto transmission issues really did the car in. It was unfortunate that Honda screwed up the design of the tranny, I might have kept it for longer. Not to mention that it's the final model year for the Cl.

On a more positive note, I like the G35 much better.

G35C Aero/Prem/6M

Old 08-08-2003, 04:43 PM

hahahahhahaha I would say welcome to the forum, but you already said you been here off and on so I guess I'm just gonna agree with you... Damn for some reason your post got me all tear eye'd or something ack... I need a beer [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Well good luck on your "G35 Journey" and I must say you should get a white one but whatever bobs your **** [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] Out of all the color's I found white to have to be THE BEST OF THE BEST.... It always looks clean from far away and damn you only had your Type S for 5 months??? I remember the "IS300 vs. CL-S" thing a while back when the IS300 and CL-S came out and it was crazy... Boards going back after one another. It seems a lot of people who have had other vehicles (Me as one as well) other then Infiniti are coming and jumping on the same boat.. We got a IS300toG35 guy, few CL-S's to G35 people as well up in this board and the other 70 percent are ex BMW owner's and few BeNz owners LOL... So yeah Torque is a beautiful thing... Just wait till you have that baby at high speeds... It will take off like there's no tomorrow and once you hit a little over 145ish mph that's when you're like daym... But good luck and yea this forum kicks ****... My guess why is the people, GSM.. Merlin... hell everyone around here are great guys even though sometimes we have our arguments, but everyone seems to kiss and make up.... and the haters just move on to other forums.... Yup this a pretty cool forum... My home when I'm at the office... Good luck once again, but about the 2004 G's I heard they're gonna be like an inch higher.. then the 2003's... bummer but nothing eibach springs can't take care of...

Here's a picture of my baby below:

Eddie

2003.5 White Pearl G35 Sports Coupe

Old 08-08-2003, 04:52 PM

FortunateIy, have had no transmission/engine issues. However, I paid full retail for my CL-S/Navi ($35K), so I know I taking a big hit for selling it. It's currently listed for $27,950. Only 6000 miles on it right now, so that will probabily help sell it.
But I think i'll be alot more happy with the G35C.

-Switch

Old 08-08-2003, 05:00 PM

I made the same switch myself, Switch, although, my own CL was an older model year, so I didn't take a bath selling it.

As long as it's not breaking you to make the deal happen, I have no doubt you'll be supremely happy with your decision. The G is certainly an awesome ride.

Good Luck!

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 08-08-2003, 05:04 PM

Thanks for your comments Eddie, yea, I tend to tear people up, - just skilled that way I guess.
And I obviously agree with your choice of colors - White.
My CL-S is White on Tan.
Geeesh your G looks sweet in white too!
Love your tint. Wonder what the tint laws are in NC?
Guess I might have to check that out.
My second choice of colors is that Carribean Blue.
Carribean Blue looks like a 'party on wheels!'
But wonder if it would still look that fresh after 5 years?

- Thanks, Switch

Old 08-08-2003, 05:35 PM

Eddie-

Where did you hear that the '04 is gonna sit an inch higher than the '03?

I have heard that there were no changes at all to the suspension. As a matter of fact, I saw the dealer handbook on changes to the '04 and nothing was mentioned.

Are you just stirring stuff up?

Old 08-08-2003, 05:43 PM

Not sure what the tint law is in NC.. but over here it's like 35 percent on the side and as dark as you want in the back... I say get 15 percent on the side and 10 percent on the back.. I did 10 percent all the way around w/o front windshield... But if you see a cop all you got do to is roll your window's down and no problems...

hehehehe I was sooooo close to getting the Carabian Blue until I noticed it didn't come with the nice performance rims and had those 4x4 Jeep big **** tires... *sarcasm* Ack... No thank you Infiniti.. Went right after the white one....

Old 08-08-2003, 05:55 PM

lol stirring stuff up?

Nah man I don't stir up nadda... It was on a big list of specs someone posted way back when they were talking about the 04 differences....

Can any of the older member's on here back me on this? lol Help guys... *runs* [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 06:05 PM

Ok, I know. People sometimes like to pick on the new guy. . . .

An inch higher . . .

Maybe it's not the car you wish was an inch higher?

Hehehe . . . .

-Switch

Old 08-08-2003, 06:37 PM

Yeah, that's pretty funny. I'm sure Eddie heard that somewhere, but I doubt Infiniti would change the ride height for next years model.

Personally, I'd be pissed if they did. The way the car sits right now is just about perfect. No reason to lower it at all

Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM

Just got off the phone with my local Infiniti dealer here in NC.
The man I ended up talking to told me they have recieved their October manifest showing nothing but more 03 models, and the new 04's are not schedualed to arrive until November.
Does that ring right with everyone here?
If so, guess I'll wait til November.

-Switch

Old 08-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds possible, you definately want to want for a (RED) 04 one man.

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

85053-redg35.jpg

Old 08-08-2003, 07:49 PM

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the red coupes, but yours looks excellent in that pic.

The only thing that really bothers me about the red is that the taillights seem to get lost, if you know what I mean.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, i know just what you mean, they match the car!

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making the Switch from Acura to Infiniti ! ! !