G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

MREV for 05 in 03 with Twin Turbo with IC , any one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MREV for 05 in 03 with Twin Turbo with IC , any one?

Does any body have a MREV for 2005 G35 on a 2003 G35 with TT and IC? if soo, please tell me if it really works because of the FI.

My car will have this complete kit and i want to Know if this MREV with the 5/16" spacer and with isotermal will work .

Old 01-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but the MREV is built for the 05+ revup engines. I have one and love it, but what will it do for an 03?

Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but the MREV is built for the 05+ revup engines. I have one and love it, but what will it do for an 03?
If you are FI it will increase a hugh power and air induction. Because TT is "FI" that force will be recieved in a Big way, So it will receive much more power than it receive from the 298hp 05 engine. So thats my question, if any body do this combination of TT and MREV of 05 in a 03 and his personal experience.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol you already have MREV, MREV is pretty much a 03/04 lower plenum and spacer combo. so MREV wont do you any good.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by terryw
lol you already have MREV, MREV is pretty much a 03/04 lower plenum and spacer combo. so MREV wont do you any good.
WTH are you talking about, thats and after markert equipment, my car does'nt have that. My car is 2003 and im going to install the 2005 MREV on it because it is TT. If my car were no TT it will do anything to my car and if i install the MREV for the 2003-04 model it will not perform as well as the 05-06model considering that im TT.
Btw, and i'm installing it with the iso thermal and the 1\2" plenum spacer , i need as much space as i can get because I'm TT and i need as much air as i can get inside the engine to get HP gains and equal the cilinders pressure.

I read all the threads regarding to this but no one talks about what happend when the car is TT. I know that it wont work im my car if it is not TT. Remember... I'm Force Inducting air in the intake and as larger the intake gets, larger the amount of air passing to the cilinders. The computer and MAP sensors are no problem because the ECU is already program for that.

MY question is if some body do that mode, is the same that changing the stock plenum for and aftermarket one, right.....

Old 01-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Okay, you need to research your mods more.

The MREV sold by Motordyne is SPECIFICALLY designed for the '05-06 6MT's with the 298 hp engine (aka Revup). All it consists of is a stock lower plenum from an 03-04 (non-revup) engine with the standard motordyne 5/16" spacer.

What Infiniti did in order to push the hp rating on the revup engines (among other things) is to change the lower plenum by shortening the runners. This effectively increased the top end hp but at the sacrifice of torque down low. So Tony at Motordyne came up with the MREV to rectify the problem.

I hope htat clears it up for you. If not, please go to the engine section and read the very long post on the MREV before asking about it more. All the info you need is there.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are boosted..... I dunno if you really have to mess with you plenum
However, what Tony in MD is selling is abit more than just the 03-04 plenum..
so if you insist, it is worth a try, the spacer alot should give you some really good gains!

good luck

Old 01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by zimmG35
Okay, you need to research your mods more.

The MREV sold by Motordyne is SPECIFICALLY designed for the '05-06 6MT's with the 298 hp engine (aka Revup). All it consists of is a stock lower plenum from an 03-04 (non-revup) engine with the standard motordyne 5/16" spacer.

What Infiniti did in order to push the hp rating on the revup engines (among other things) is to change the lower plenum by shortening the runners. This effectively increased the top end hp but at the sacrifice of torque down low. So Tony at Motordyne came up with the MREV to rectify the problem.

I hope htat clears it up for you. If not, please go to the engine section and read the very long post on the MREV before asking about it more. All the info you need is there.

All the threads there talks about aspirated motors not FI

Old 01-22-2006, 12:39 AM
so essentially the mrev is a 03-04 (non revup) engine with a spacer. (exactly what was stated before). What you have, is a 03-04 (non revup) engine to begin with, so you'll be swapping for the same thing. That's why the mrev does you no good!! The only thing you "benefit" from the mrev is the spacer, NOT the lower plenum. Do you understand? So the only thing that'll benefit you is the SPACER. So get the spacer and not the mrev. It doesn't matter if you're FI or not, the facts are still the same. It's not like your lower plenum is going to change jsut because you're going FI.. it is still the same. If you still don't understand, then read https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...highlight=mrev.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
so essentially the mrev is a 03-04 (non revup) engine with a spacer. (exactly what was stated before). What you have, is a 03-04 (non revup) engine to begin with, so you'll be swapping for the same thing. That's why the mrev does you no good!! The only thing you "benefit" from the mrev is the spacer, NOT the lower plenum. Do you understand? So the only thing that'll benefit you is the SPACER. So get the spacer and not the mrev. It doesn't matter if you're FI or not, the facts are still the same. It's not like your lower plenum is going to change jsut because you're going FI.. it is still the same. If you still don't understand, then read https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...highlight=mrev.
Ok i think you are all wrong - the MREV is a lower plenum modified, the runners are bigger than the stock in both cases . SO if you install the 05-06 MREV in the 03 it would do nothing if the engine is aspirated because you are no FI the air, so you dont need more space in the plenum. The 05 engine has more horsepower so the engine is demanding more air then the 03. If you go FI like i said before, you are FI more air so, the most space you have there the more power you get. BTW if you port and polish it like MREV plus the air will run more faster and smoth and freely to the combustion chamber.

Did you ever see the 3 plenums, stock, 03 and 05. and compare????

Thats the reason why you port and polish and work the valves in the cilinders heads, the make more air inside, freely, fasters and smother... see. Then you shave your cilinder head to make more compression in the combustion chamber... bommm more power...

Thats the principle of and engine, it is like a big air pump, the more cold and more air you can get in it in combination with the same amount of exhaust or eficiency of air getting out, the more power you get.

Did you ever see a Drag racing engine, the huge air inlet they have in the top of the engine and the huge and very short headers without muffler that it have??? ... I've in the racing hood for more than 18 years and beleive me thats for sure. I do this to 2 others car and it work amazingly... Install a CRV complete intake in a RSX FI and you will see... It even work without FI it. Whossshhhh!!!!!

I read all the motordyne replies of this and no one said this thing that you say, i speak with Tony a week a go and he told me exactly the same " If you are going FI it should work very good" Thats the reason for this thread i want to Know some one that is FI and install that MREV and tell me about the results, not if this work or not, I know it works, another car here has that combination and the HP gaind were hugh.. I just want a second real experience opinion thats all... Not expeculations, this is for real... sorry if you dont uderstand me or if i didnt explain my self correctly.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should and would are two different things...why not look for improvements elsewhere that will yield real power...and its cylinder and when you speak to someone its present tense and you 'spoke' is the past tense

Old 01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by zpeedray
Ok i think you are all wrong - the MREV is a lower plenum modified, the runners are bigger than the stock in both cases . SO if you install the 05-06 MREV in the 03 it would do nothing if the engine is aspirated because you are no FI the air, so you dont need more space in the plenum. The 05 engine has more horsepower so the engine is demanding more air then the 03. If you go FI like i said before, you are FI more air so, the most space you have there the more power you get. BTW if you port and polish it like MREV plus the air will run more faster and smoth and freely to the combustion chamber.

Did you ever see the 3 plenums, stock, 03 and 05. and compare????

Thats the reason why you port and polish and work the valves in the cilinders heads, the make more air inside, freely, fasters and smother... see. Then you shave your cilinder head to make more compression in the combustion chamber... bommm more power...

Thats the principle of and engine, it is like a big air pump, the more cold and more air you can get in it in combination with the same amount of exhaust or eficiency of air getting out, the more power you get.

Did you ever see a Drag racing engine, the huge air inlet they have in the top of the engine and the huge and very short headers without muffler that it have??? ... I've in the racing hood for more than 18 years and beleive me thats for sure. I do this to 2 others car and it work amazingly... Install a CRV complete intake in a RSX FI and you will see... It even work without FI it. Whossshhhh!!!!!

I read all the motordyne replies of this and no one said this thing that you say, i speak with Tony a week a go and he told me exactly the same " If you are going FI it should work very good" Thats the reason for this thread i want to Know some one that is FI and install that MREV and tell me about the results, not if this work or not, I know it works, another car here has that combination and the HP gaind were hugh.. I just want a second real experience opinion thats all... Not expeculations, this is for real... sorry if you dont uderstand me or if i didnt explain my self correctly.
Did you tell Tony that you were talking about an 03 model G? You would deffinitly benefit from the SPACER. I am not sure if the lower plenum from the MREV is EXACTLY the same as the 03-04 plenum, and if it is you would be wasting your time buying a new lower plenum, but if in fact it is a little different from the 03-04 model lower plenum then you could benefit from it.

Tony, any word as to minor differences in the MREV lower plenum and the 03-04 stock lower plenum?

Not trying to be a dick man, just sharing my knowledge of the subject, as is everyone that posted here. The understanding is that the MREV lower plenum is the EXACT same as the 03-04 lower plenum, but there maybe some very minor differences we are not aware of.
Good luck with the mod, hope it works out well for ya.
-Mike

Old 01-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by g35rcr
should and would are two different things...why not look for improvements elsewhere that will yield real power...and its cylinder and when you speak to someone its present tense and you 'spoke' is the past tense
Your answer was very important to me - ja , you should go buy a toyota and be a BAD teacher ( MAYBE YOU REALLY ARE AND DONT HAVE A G OR YOU WIN IT IN A GAME) If this was a test i think i get a 98, not bad

I think every body understand what i mean. This is not about writing skills is about engine modes - Btw i speak spanish so im tring to do my best in english because i'm not fully bilingual. - I will like to see you writing in spanish.

Last edited by zpeedray; 01-22-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
Did you tell Tony that you were talking about an 03 model G? You would deffinitly benefit from the SPACER. I am not sure if the lower plenum from the MREV is EXACTLY the same as the 03-04 plenum, and if it is you would be wasting your time buying a new lower plenum, but if in fact it is a little different from the 03-04 model lower plenum then you could benefit from it.

Tony, any word as to minor differences in the MREV lower plenum and the 03-04 stock lower plenum?

Not trying to be a dick man, just sharing my knowledge of the subject, as is everyone that posted here. The understanding is that the MREV lower plenum is the EXACT same as the 03-04 lower plenum, but there maybe some very minor differences we are not aware of.
Good luck with the mod, hope it works out well for ya.
-Mike
Yes I told Tony that it is a 03 - and his exact words were "yes it will work if you are FI"
Any way for ???? i will email him and ask if this is right or not - thanks

My question still the same - Any body FI with this MREV 05 plenum on a 03?
Come on guys is just a ? There have to be some one with FI and this mode....

Old 01-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by zpeedray
Your answer was very important to me - ja , you should go buy a toyota and be a BAD teacher ( MAYBE YOU REALLY ARE AND DONT HAVE A G OR YOU WIN IT IN A GAME) If this was a test i think i get a 98, not bad

I think every body understand what i mean. This is not about writing skills is about engine modes - Btw i speak spanish so im tring to do my best in english because i'm not fully bilingual. - I will like to see you writing in spanish.
The MREV lower plenum is NOT any different than the '03-'04 plenums! The runners are NOT enlarged! You need to PM tony and direct him to this thread so he can set you straight. You may be thinking of the MREV plus with machines a small amount of material off the TOP of the runners for cyl's 1 and 2 to allow better airflow to them.

I was referring to this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/70343-2005-6mt-coupes-18whp-22-29wtq-thanks-tony-motordyne-engineering.html Yes, it is talking about NA but in it Tony describes EXACTLY what the MREV is and how it works for the '05 and '06 6MT's.

This is all the more I am going to say on this subject as it seems you don't care to fully research your mods and like to argue with those who try to set you straight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV for 05 in 03 with Twin Turbo with IC , any one?