G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I am just fed up with door dingers... so I just ordered a pair of these bad boys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
If I saw that on someones car

I'd park next to em and hit my door into

Well you never know, the owner may see you and give you a lead Enema

also known as a .40 S&W up the A**.

Last edited by Hotrod; 01-30-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd be carefull with those magnetic things. I had some for my M Roadster as that sucker had this convex door panel screaming for a ding. Well, after a few dings I went and bought something like you're purchasing for your car. After about a month of stick on tear off I got rid of them. They left such bad scratches on my car. All sorts of grit get in between the magnets and the paint and scratch things up like crazy. I don't know what was worse, the door dings or the scratches on the paint. Both looked pretty bad. I guess it's your choice, dings or scratches. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by G35MoneyPit
I feel your pain. ONE FRIGGIN WEEK after I got my car I got my first door ding. $85 later life is all good again thanks to PDR.

But that thing? No thanks I'll find the most remote parking space and listen to my girlfirend say how far away we are and whatever but NO DOOR MOULDINGS to F up the lines...

HAHA My fiance used to be the same way... she'd be like "Why are you parking so far?" I'd keep telling her I don't like cars parked next to mine... I don't want door dings, so now she doesn't even say it, she knows I"m gonna park far away where there is almost nobody else in the area! HAHAHA

Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotrod
Well you never know, the owner may see you and give you a lead Enema

also known as a .40 S&W up the A**.

If you had those big goofy pads on your car

I'd use 'em

Hell thats what they're there for right?

I'd cut his arm off with my machette first.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM
that would help. but with will happen when i kid comes and takes one.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Do Not Put These On With Any Dirt On Your Car! You Will See A Lot Of Hairline Scratches!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by 04txg35coupe
Heres an idea, whenever you can, park in the middle of two spaces, it will give everyone around you plent of space to open doors. People might think your stupid, but it works, beleive me.
This is the worst idea ever. If you do that its just an open invitation for some dick to come key the **** out of your car. I have seen it alot especially on campus.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
This is the worst idea ever. If you do that its just an open invitation for some dick to come key the **** out of your car. I have seen it alot especially on campus.
I read a article about something like that. A guy was keying another guys Acura, because the Acura took up two parking spaces. Problem was, Acura owner returned as it was happening, pulled a 5" pocket knife and began stabbing the guy in the back.

I don't think i'd ever be dumb enough to key someone else's car. I'd like to live thank you very much.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
If I saw that on someones car

I'd park next to em and hit my door into

If I were you, I'd be VERY CAREFULL doing that. If the guy comes back and catches you doing that, he could very easily pull out a gun and gun you down right there in broad daylight, and not even care. People are very crazy these days.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
again, I can tell you from using them... even in some backward a$$ places (i've taken the G 1/2 way across the country), people treat them with curiousity - that is all.

but, the concern about the dirt is completely warranted. You dont want to put them on a dirty door. I havent used (or had to) mine in ages.