G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I am just fed up with door dingers... so I just ordered a pair of these bad boys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just fed up with door dingers... so I just ordered a pair of these bad boys!

So my parking spot in my apartment building is in the rear corner... which was my condition for signing a one year lease but I may need to break that once I find a property to purchase but that's another story. So I even started a poll about door dings in a previous thread because I can't stand door dingers! It's just plain rude and disrespectful... I honestly believe that it should NEVER happen no matter what car you drive. NO EXCUSES ABSOLUTELY. I know it is inevitable but I still believe it's the unwritten rule.

Anyways, I ordered a pair of these bad boys... http://www.autopia-carcare.com/acp-20030.html ...fugly but they should do the job. Of all places that I get dings I get them in my OWN place of residence because the spot next to mine seems to be shared or something because since I moved here about 5 months ago... there have been about 6 different cars in that spot. Junkers to nice cars... and I have had two dings removed. At my office, I get my own isolated spot. At my parents pad, I get my own garage when I visit them. I am careful of parking everywhere else I go so I do NOT get dings. So I am protected by a wall for my passenger side but my driver's side is exposed to the rude carelessness of the non-car people. So I bought TWO of these things... one if it's a coupe next to me but it's usually a 4-door so I must protect my baby G from two possible points of impact! I know, I'm crazy but hey... I am just fed up. Hopefully when they see that I have two big plastic rubber things on my car, they will not only laugh but realize that this guy really loves his car so I might be so polite as too be careful even though I am not careful with my own... Seeing a fairly NEW, clean *** G dropped on some WIDE@SS VOLKS with some SHINY @SS lips should give that message alone but apparently people still show no respect!

I have fixed two so far and shelled out 130 bucks for PDR. Next ding I get will be number three and that is beyond my patience and someone is getting their door kicked in...

Old 01-28-2006, 04:00 AM
I feel your pain. ONE FRIGGIN WEEK after I got my car I got my first door ding. $85 later life is all good again thanks to PDR.

But that thing? No thanks I'll find the most remote parking space and listen to my girlfirend say how far away we are and whatever but NO DOOR MOULDINGS to F up the lines...

Old 01-28-2006, 04:12 AM
he only has to put them on when he parks in his garage though...no big deal, and they pop right off when it's time to go.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:14 AM
I would NEVER install mouldings as well. These are magnetic and I am mainly going to put them on when I park overnight and if I have no other choice.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Thats actually a pretty good idea, in your situation. Im assuming you wont leave them on when going anywhere but home. just make sure that you don't put them on when theyre dirty, and be real careful taking them off, so as to not scratch the paint. Just dust under there will be very prone to swirl marks...

Old 01-28-2006, 04:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmmm, whats to stop someone from parking next to you, getting out of their car and stealing these off your G, and the getting back into their car and slamming their door into your car and driving away?

Those are not a bad idea but I could see them lasting maybe a week b4 someone steals them

Old 01-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
man im paranoid bout getting dings on my car when parked. just got my car in nov, its a 2006 6mt ob and dont have any dings on it, thank god. i live in an apartment complex and i got a spot inbetween 2 old cars. but going from dings to scratches, i have a few questions on scratches due to road debris( like rocks) while driving. i know most people think bout this problem, especially when its a new car. i found a scratch on my door and think its from road debris. im pissed bout it. my questions are - does anyone else have this problem? and what can i do to take care of the problem? ill appreciate the feedback. thanks.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Can't do anything about road debris and scratches are inevitable... they are part of everyday wear and tear.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If I saw that on someones car

I'd park next to em and hit my door into

Old 01-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i took a course and do PDR myself.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Jtrain is rough...

Old 01-28-2006, 01:55 PM
i just got my g in december, and already i have 2 dings right next to each other, has to be from the same car...
i just hate it how some people could be so careless about their possessions, especially ones that cost in the thousands

Old 01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
bro, those are huge! (as pictured) wanna ugly up your G, huh??

Old 01-28-2006, 02:19 PM
D87
You know what you can do? Since you have the corner spot just leave a big piece of flat styrofoam there (since it's your spot no one should mess with it). After you park, stick the sheet of foam (somehow) to the driver's side. (I know it's ugly but...)

Old 01-28-2006, 02:20 PM
THE BATMOBILE
if anyone ever put those on there G, no matter what the reason is, will be eternally flamed on the boards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am just fed up with door dingers... so I just ordered a pair of these bad boys!