G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Atlantic Infiniti curbed my new Volks! What are my options? *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
seriously guys, like mentioned above put on your stock rims when going to the dealer!!! better safe than sorry.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make the dealership own up to it

Old 02-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
99atlantic and Fast1, thank you for validating my point.

Point is they don't HAVE to do anything, if they DO, I would never take my car anywhere else.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
make the dealership own up to it
lol, i'm suprised at how many people in this thread have their head shoved so far up their asses they can't see reality

Originally Posted by Texasscout
99atlantic and Fast1, thank you for validating my point.

Point is they don't HAVE to do anything, if they DO, I would never take my car anywhere else.
same here, but that Stealership would be 1 in a million.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whenever I have an appointment to have work done on my car you know what I do? I park outside the establishment, take digital pictures with the date posted, and make sure to get every angle of the car and the establishment in the background. And before I drive it off the lot I look it over. I got into this habit after I was screwed by a wheelshop who butchered my wheels. It was an expensive lesson, but one I will take with me for the rest of my life.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened. I don't doubt that they curbed your wheels, but I'm not sure they're going to be willing to do much since its been a week. Worth a try though, but I don't know if getting angry is the right approach since you did drive it off the lot without checking first. Even when I had my stockers and brought the car in for TSBs, the service manager would do a walk through of my car just so they knew what kind of damage was already on the car. When I pick the car up, I do a walk through as well. Anyways, you guys seriously put on your stockers when you bring it in for an oil change? If you're going through all that trouble, might as well just do the oil change yourself. That's what I do, that way, you've only got yourself to blame if you f@ck up.

Last edited by GsUpHoesDown; 02-05-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks for the replies guys... I'm kicking myself now for not checking everything around the car. I KNOW 100% that i didn't do it, but I can see where the dealership wouldn't have to do sh*t...I guess i'll just have to go face to face w/ the service manager that parked it and hopefully, he'll own up... I'm not scared of fixing it myself. I'm glad someone mentioned it would be a doable fix. If i end up going this route, i'll post pics of the results.

it's kind of ironic. My GF has pretty much gotten used to walking very far whenever we go to the mall or store because i literally park in the very last spot away from anyone...i'm so paranoid of dings etc... and then I put a note in the guage cluster that says "please do NOT wash car" when i take it in for service ..cuz i'm paranoid of paint swirls... and then this happens. haha oh man... what luck.

some people might say it's not that bad, what's the big deal? but dammit, they didn't just drop $3200, right?

Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by superb16
Whenever I have an appointment to have work done on my car you know what I do? I park outside the establishment, take digital pictures with the date posted, and make sure to get every angle of the car and the establishment in the background. And before I drive it off the lot I look it over. I got into this habit after I was screwed by a wheelshop who butchered my wheels. It was an expensive lesson, but one I will take with me for the rest of my life.
great minds think alike ^_^

Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by superb16
Nothing wrong with what you do, but it's overkill IMO. A simple walk around with the SA has worked for me. Also, it's a must to thoroughly check out your car before you leave their lot. The only other caution is don't let them wash your car.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 AM
wow..
well I must be one of the lucky ones
they scratched my car once (hardcore) when they were putting on my SKYLINE emblem on (like around all the letters)
and I pointed that out to them
they gladly removed the SKYLINE badge, touched it up, and put the badge back on..

now I take in my car for any minor thing like touch up paint here and there
some chick rear-ended me in her new 3 (glad her front was gone) and my plate got busted
took it in for something else, and they offered to fix my plate for free

I say give it a shot.. be polite and curtious... it'll get u a lot further

then again my dealership lets me modify my car however I want (so long it's done by their mechanics) and it's still under warranty lol

Old 02-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Nothing wrong with what you do, but it's overkill IMO. A simple walk around with the SA has worked for me. Also, it's a must to thoroughly check out your car before you leave their lot. The only other caution is don't let them wash your car.

yea, although everytime i tell them DO NOT WASH MY CAR, they do and put swirl marks on it ....... so basically i got around that by making and placing 4 HUGE signs in the car that read 'DO NOT WASH THIS CAR. IF YOU DO I WILL SUE YOUR ***'.............that method has worked very well to date

Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Yes, doesnt hurt to try to get something out of them. Unfortunately there is no way for you to prove that they actually did it. The injury sustained doesnt appear to be that bad. Its actually minor compared to worse curbings I've seen. A wheel refinisher should be able to make it look like new for a couple hundred bucks. Do some research for one in your area. I know how you feel right now but everything will be cool once its repaired! Don't order a new wheel just yet!

Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats why I hate expensive rims. I curbed my stock 19s the other day for the first time and I was so angry. It was very tiny compared to yours but still. Also when my car got hit one of my rims got damaged, the body shop repaired the rim, but now theres hair line cracks in the spot they repaired it. So even if they repair it, its still not the same rim.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:23 PM
i suggest that whenever u take your car to the dealer that u drive it for them they are always coverd in grease and **** when they get in your car as well, they have 0 respect for our cars and its bull****, just let them tell u where to drive your car and u do it for them. THE END

Old 02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm glad I read this post. My car is at the dealership now for some warranty work and I'm going to walk all around it before I drive it off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlantic Infiniti curbed my new Volks! What are my options? *PICS*