G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Atlantic Infiniti curbed my new Volks! What are my options? *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Atlantic Infiniti curbed my new Volks! What are my options? *PICS*

So I go into Atlantic Infiniti (JAX) on a saturday for a basic oil change. I hand the keys to the service manager (Paul) and request "no car wash" as I always do... I went into the waiting room and watched him move my car into a parking space way in the back of the dealer lot, next to an island. I saw him backing into the spot, he went in kind of crooked, and had to readjust once, and then got out... I didn't think much of it at the time, so i went ahead w/ my business..

A week goes by , and it's been raining here in jax all week, so I haven't had a chance to wash my car. Well yesterday (one week later) i wash my car and see that my passenger rear rim is curbed!! WTF. Now i'm freaking out, because I never parked next to curbs, i park in the last spot way in the back where ever i go...I only drive my car to work and back, that's it...never near any curbs...

now i KNOW i didn't do it, I know exactly where it happened, but w/ a week having gone by Am i pretty much S.O.L?? I went back to Infiniti today, just to check out the curb , and sure enough, the mark from my low profile tire (which always has tire wet on it) is on the curb where the service manager would have hit it when he backed in. No one was there because today is sunday, so i'll try going tomorrow to state my case... but is it pretty much a lost cause? It's pretty much my word against his....this is the service manager!

if so...what are my options? can i order another lip? Can this be ground down and polished out? sorry for the long rant, but dammit, i went in for a $40 oil change and came out w/ a F*cked up $800 rim.. dam.

noitce the spot w/ the sedan backed in. Thats the spot he put my car in.

the small curb marks go half way around the diameter of the rim, so I know he had to hear it... dammit. We'll see if he mans up to it, but i doubt it. any advice would be appreciated. I should have walked the car before and after every service. argh.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damnnnnn that is messed up dude big time!! Volks are way over priced....

Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Unfortunately, once you drive it off the lot, your screwed. They can say you did it and there is no way you can prove otherwise.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awww man, that sucks. Those Volks are beautiful. Sorry to see that.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
oh please

I wouldn't even be able to tell unless you told me...

Just tell them... they'll fix it or pay for it or something

Old 02-05-2006, 04:24 PM
I would go back there... doesn't hurt trying.. volks are expensive and I wouldn't let that slide from anyone.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Unfortunately, once you drive it off the lot, your screwed. They can say you did it and there is no way you can prove otherwise.
No thats bullshit! go back to the dealer and tell it like it is. I can tell you that the fix on that is simple. I had a friend of mine curb his Volks but even got more of the lip than you did and i was able to polish it out with a DREMEL and a few polishing heads followed by a buffing bit and finished off with mothers wheel cleaner. You can make it look like new by using a dremel. make sure you practice on other surfaces and use the proper polishing bits. the ones i used were blue. the one thing that you will notice is that the part you fix will actually have a better shine than the rest of the wheel because i guess Volks have a clear coat over the polish and that gets rubbed off at the site and is a little more shinny than the rest of the wheel. anyway, you should still go there and complain to not only him but corporate if you have to. I gaurantee they will buy you a new wheel. Good luck! RX

Old 02-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
omg.. that sucks dude.. I would raise hell, can't believe he's gonna do that and not tell you about it.. wth

Old 02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
THE BATMOBILE
damn sorry to see...........go to the dealership and ream them out until they give in

Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It is a week since the incident.
I would go back and explain the situation (without anger) and see how receptive they are. You may find that they are understanding and willing to help.
If that doesn't get results, then get angry.....

By what RX says, it shouldn't be too expensive for them to fix.

G/L
C.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by imRACERX
No thats bullshit! go back to the dealer and tell it like it is. anyway, you should still go there and complain to not only him but corporate if you have to. I gaurantee they will buy you a new wheel. Good luck! RX
no it isn't. when i brought mine in for a TSB it came back with a **** load of red paint splashed on the door. But because i didn' thave pictures to prove it didn't come in that way, they refused to do anything about it

and good luck with ICA - i tried that route and they basically told me to **** off.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, come on and do a role reversal. Put yourself in the role of the Dealer. I'm not doubting for a second that they did the damage, but there's no way in hell that I'd pay for the repair in the case where a customer claims damage to a wheel after a week's time had elapsed. Man, if they pay for your wheel repair, they are one understanding Dealership.

What generally happens is that the guy at the Dealership who did the damage has to pay for the repair, and not the Dealership. Hell, there was an Audi Dealer that damaged two of my wheels when they balanced them, and although I pointed out the damage before I left their lot, it took me three hours and an escalation to their Service Manager before they agreed to pay for the damage. They claimed that the wheels were damaged before they balanced the wheels.

Anyway, the good news is that the wheels can be repaired relatively inexpensively. I use the Ole Wheel Shop and based on the picture, I'd imagine that they would charge around $100 for the repair. A goood rule of thumb is to do a walk around inspection of your car with the SA before you let them take it, and of course check out your car before you take it off their lot. I know this process is a pain in the butt, but it can save you a lot of headaches down the road.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
awwww, sh&t. this is why i always put my factory wheels on when
taking into the dealer for service. it only takes one butthead to mess
up your wheels. sorry to see this. i would also feel that they are ruined.

i think they can fix it, but it will be very difficult to get the same color when
they paint it. i would let them fix it, but if it doesn't turn out perfectly,
i would ask them or use your insurance company to get a replacement.

they are the one that damaged your wheel. they are completely
responsible for getting it back to your expectations.

but as mentioned above, you needed to make the claim when you
got your car back.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Hey guys, come on and do a role reversal. Put yourself in the role of the Dealer. I'm not doubting for a second that they did the damage, but there's no way in hell that I'd pay for the repair in the case where a customer claims damage to a wheel after a week's time had elapsed. Man, if they pay for your wheel repair, they are one understanding Dealership.

What generally happens is that the guy at the Dealership who did the damage has to pay for the repair, and not the Dealership. Hell, there was an Audi Dealer that damaged two of my wheels when they balanced them, and although I pointed out the damage before I left their lot, it took me three hours and an escalation to their Service Manager before they agreed to pay for the damage. They claimed that the wheels were damaged before they balanced the wheels.

Anyway, the good news is that the wheels can be repaired relatively inexpensively. I use the Ole Wheel Shop and based on the picture, I'd imagine that they would charge around $100 for the repair. A goood rule of thumb is to do a walk around inspection of your car with the SA before you let them take it, and of course check out your car before you take it off their lot. I know this process is a pain in the butt, but it can save you a lot of headaches down the road.
good point its only 100 bucks or so and easy to do yourself if your into that. like i said, a dremel with polish bit will clear it all up. the good thing about it is, is that there is no painting of the wheel involved since its the poilished lip. RX I would still complain, NEVER can a dealer do a good job. u bring it in for one thing and get it back with another problem every frikin time. I have a cracked headlamp piece inside the headlamp itself which was noticed at a meet by another member ( iguess its common cause alot of peopkle get this crack inside) and i'm hesitant to bring it in because i know i will have some other problem when i get it back like scratched front bumper etc. Damn its anoying. I get a couple amps installed locally a month ago and get my car back with all the floor mats full of some damn grease. not to mention they charged way more than its worth. dont get me started RX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlantic Infiniti curbed my new Volks! What are my options? *PICS*