G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why bother paying for Premium Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why bother paying for Premium Package?

If everyone complains about the Blose system, you cant get intellikey on 6MT, and you can get sunroof without premium, is it really worth paying for premium package?

All you would be getting is split climate control (I think it's useless), auto headlights (Im pretty accustomed to doing that myself lol), and the auto dimming mirror...Is this worth $2000 extra?

Old 03-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
In all reality, it's probably not really worth it.

You do get the auto-dimming rear-view mirror that also has garage controls on it, but most of the other stuff is just a foolish novelty. The sunroof is obviously a valuable thing to have, but you can buy it as a seperate item.

From what I remember, it's hard to find these cars without the premium package anyways... so I doubt most dealers would be willing to flex as much on price for a non-premium Coupe. Plus, you figure your resale value will be better if you have Premium(one would think).

In terms of resale though.. you're better off investing that money in other ways(obviously) so that you have your money in your hand and also get some return on it.

Premium just sounds nice, and most people don't realize that the Bose sound system sucks until after they buy the car.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66

You do get the auto-dimming rear-view mirror that also has garage controls on it, but most of the other stuff is just a foolish novelty. The sunroof is obviously a valuable thing to have, but you can buy it as a seperate item.

From what I remember, it's hard to find these cars without the premium package anyways... so I doubt most dealers would be willing to flex as much on price for a non-premium Coupe. Plus, you figure your resale value will be better if you have Premium(one would think).

In terms of resale though.. you're better off investing that money in other ways(obviously) so that you have your money in your hand and also get some return on it.

Premium just sounds nice, and most people don't realize that the Bose sound system sucks until after they buy the car.
Got it...I was thrilled to get a non-premium car with no sunroof actually!

Old 03-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I remember *back in the day* the Premium package included Leather Seats and there were actually cloth seated G35's! ... but I guess now leather is standard so there isnt much of a point for Premium package

Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Keaka26
Got it...I was thrilled to get a non-premium car with no sunroof actually!
Your car is probably like 40 or 50 pounds lighter than a G with the premium package too and might have a tad bit less body flex due to the lack of a sunroof.

Too bad you still have to suffer from the annoying bulge in the roof where the sunglass holder is, because of jerks like me who got the premium package or a sunroof. If it weren't for the option to put a sunroof in, they could have eliminated that annoying bulge in the roof and pushed the sunglass holder back a few more inches while also making the sunglass holder useably deep instead of giving it just the 3/4" of depth that it currently has. I wish that stupid sunglass holder wasn't even there, because it gets in the way of the rear view mirror, even with the mirror almost all the way down.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by visualfusion
I remember *back in the day* the Premium package included Leather Seats and there were actually cloth seated G35's! ... but I guess now leather is standard so there isnt much of a point for Premium package
actually leather seats was $2000 extra on top of the $2000 for the premium package...so i guess its $4000 for leather and premium...i know because i have cloth

Old 03-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
actually leather seats was $2000 extra on top of the $2000 for the premium package...so i guess its $4000 for leather and premium...i know because i have cloth
Wow, that sucks even more. I'm pretty damn sure these seats arn't worth $2000.

Trending Topics

Old 03-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I think people buy G35s with Premium Package because most dealerships have only one or two base G35s, so the color choice is limited. The car already has many nice standard features (such as bi-xenon) and it is hard to tell a premium and non-premium coupe from the outside if you only have a sunroof. I'd save that 2 grand for some nice rims.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I was lucky enough to find a DG coupe (04) with just the sunroof. The basic sound system isn't too shaby either.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
The only option I really wanted was navigation; but was not available without premium. I got a base 06 coupe automatic w/ pretty much no options; purchased the homelink auto-dimming mirror for 280 installed; and have a double DIN navigation on the way here. Leaves me plenty of money for forced induction; big brakes; all the good stuff. This is not an attack on Premium owners; just my personal preference.

Best regards ;

Jason

Originally Posted by partyman66

Old 03-09-2006, 01:18 AM
First, I dont have any problem with the bose system. What is the problem with it? I love the auto-headlights, and the dual-climate works good, and the garage door buttons are nice too. But $2000 is a little much. But I'd sayd if you are already paying a lot of money to get a nicer then average car, then you might as well go all the way and get all the features. Plus you cant go back and add them and you might regret it someday.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealership has never taken delivery on a non-premium g35... or hadnt when i bought my car. the "premium" package is almost standard on g35s.. but they wouldnt put it standard cause then the msrp would be 2k more.. whatever if you dont want it order your car and wait on it

Old 03-09-2006, 04:50 AM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I wanted the premium, nav, and aero.. becuase thats what I wanted.. I was gonna spend over 35K on a car.. it had better have all the bells and whistles.. I dont think the Bose is as bad as everyone says either.. just MY opinion. I dont plan on entering any IASCA sanctioned SQ events.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I got 05 base coupe, it took me a while to find to because I wanted IP with stone interior. Price was right, I dont regret a thing. I have leather, bought splash guards and spoiler, no sunroof (I actually didnt care if it was there or not, I never used the sunroof on my other car) everything is just the way I wanted and I saved a few grand.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No sunroof, No Prem., No Nav. here. Just a "base" model 6MT with trunk mat and splash guards. Had to order it (IP/Stone). Glad I did. Low $30K's seems much more appropriate for the G coupe, IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why bother paying for Premium Package?