G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What about the american cars???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the american cars???

You figure I complain that the seats are slow and the seat belt cuts my head off but could you imagine if we were all on an American car manufacture's forum, I would be posting threads like:

Howdy ya'll, I just got this there brand new turbo neeeoonnn which crapped out on the way home from the dealer. SO I had it towed,,, and the bumper fell off, then pulling into the dealership the driver's door fell off............what should I do??

We are seriously on easy street here!!!! Another reason to love your G!

Old 08-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Re: What about the american cars???

Heh...
"Jepoardy, the Game Show" time:
"Buy an Infiniti G35 Coupe!"
Answer: "What is the most common response to complaints in an American Car Forum?"

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 08-28-2003, 02:39 PM

lol I find some american cars to be excellent cars but I hate the american econobox like the neons, cavaliers, focus, etc.

I would take a Lincoln LS, escalade, F150 lightning SVT, Mustang Cobra, Vette, Viper anyday.

But still I prefer my G!

Old 08-28-2003, 03:07 PM

so you're comparing a car that costs 20K to the G35 which is 33K+? I will admit that a lot of American cars out there aren't the greatest quality, but a lot of them are very well made. Plus, the G35 hasn't been without its faults, like people going through 2+ transmissions in the first 10,000 miles.

http://www.crossfireforum.org

Old 08-28-2003, 04:53 PM

I, personally, don't think American cars are so bad. I don't own a G35 (at least not yet.. ) but I do have a torque happy '01 Pontiac GTP, a very used Mitsubishi Galant and a '03 Nissan Murano. Out of the three, my GTP is the most fun to drive but when it comes to interior design and quality GM S**KS !!!! My '94 Galant is put together a whole lot better than my Pontiac.

Hopefully the G35 will replace my Pontiac......SOON!!!!

Old 08-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All car companies design and build some ugly looking cars. Go overseas and you will definately find some interesting cars. There are some nice looking american cars and some that are just say cheaply made when it pulls into a parkinglot. At least the G looks like a bad a** car. I love the rear fender flares..

Old 08-29-2003, 04:46 PM

On on my second 4th gen firebird (v6, now v8) and neither car has even given me any major problems in the 7 years I've had them. Just minor things that are cheap to fix.
Of course they are both technically canadian...
The only reason I'm switching to a g is that american car makers aren't making any cool new designs....look at the gto...fast but look like a seven year old montey!

Old 08-29-2003, 05:07 PM

I agree with most here....

What good American car can you buy for $40k out the door that compares to the G? Ans. NONE! I am American, but I love German and Japanese sports cars.... I like the Vette's but would rather spend $60'g on an entry level Carrera... But when it comes to SUV's, I am going Cadillac Escalade with some sick wheels. Hopefully that is my next ride (after I finish paying off my G)...

Regular American cars Suck! Including Pontiacs... my whole god damn family owns Pontiac (poor old nincompoop thought it was a cadillac) and they are nothing but problems. Is there a good looking Pontiac? Didn't think so...

I love the G! Race on!

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ryoken on 08/31/03 12:20 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-31-2003, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that the Caddy CTS is coming with a 3.6L V6 instead of that weak 3.2L it debutted with, I'd call it decent competition.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 08-31-2003, 07:18 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You figure I complain that the seats are slow and the seat belt cuts my head off but could you imagine if we were all on an American car manufacture's forum, I would be posting threads like:

Howdy ya'll, I just got this there brand new turbo neeeoonnn which crapped out on the way home from the dealer. SO I had it towed,,, and the bumper fell off, then pulling into the dealership the driver's door fell off............what should I do??

<hr></blockquote>

Hey, watch it punk! I happen to like American cars. We're not all import lovers here. The G is the first import I've ever owned, and I still have a complex about it. For the most part, the quality and reliability between imports and domestics is very comparable today. It varies from model to model, even with the same manufacturer, but they are very close. There's plenty of survey and statistical data to back this up.

Comparing the initial quality of both my Z06 and G35, they are very comparable. Both arrived with excellent build quality, but neither were absolutely perfect. Both came with minor little tiny nits and nats, that barely qualify as quality problems. Neither of them have enough miles on them to determine reliability, but my previous daily driver, a '96 Ford Contour SE, was 100% reliable over 130,000 miles and 7 years of ownership. 100% reliable means it never broke down, always started, and always got me to my destination. It went to the dealer ONCE for a cat converter problem. That's it. Not bad for an American car, huh?

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 08-31-2003, 07:27 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I like the Vette's but would rather spend $60'g on an entry level Carrera...

<hr></blockquote>

Really?? Why? The only reason I could see picking a Carrera over a Z06 is if you have a hard on for the Porsche name and status thing, and like better plastic and leather in the interior, because that's about all it offers over the Z06. If you don't really care about performance, then I guess the Carrera is the better car for you. Because a Z06 will easily beat a Carrera in every performance measurement, for $10-$15k less. Is that kind of money and performance handicap really worth the name and interior? I guess if that's what turns you on, but I don't get it.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 08-31-2003, 07:30 PM

i agree with you there z06ified

Old 08-31-2003, 07:49 PM

I would guess that more than half of Porsche owners are just status seekers and don't care what the car can do.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:35 AM

I think some people would argue that the Porsche has the driving experience nailed. So while the Vette has intoxicating power, the porsche may have more of the driving dynamics like engine sound, lightness in handling, steering, transmission feel, etc etc. Also, while some people like the visceral nature of a vette others may like the little less "in-your-face" attitude of the porsche.

Old 09-01-2003, 03:51 AM

We seem to agree on everything mani.

I love corvettes and the Z06 OWNS any entry level Porsche in any category.

But, I love Porsche's. The design and clean appeal of a seemingly completely refined car like that is just as intoxicating as the in your face raw power of a Z06.

I believe thats why the majority of us here bought the G over many quicker not so "refined" vehicles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What about the american cars???