G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Raced a Viper.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced a Viper.

I know, I know you guys probably think I've lost it, but it was a fun race.
I pulled up to this light, and there was a car behind me. While waiting for the light, the car slowly pulls up to my left, into the second lane. As it's pulling up, I noticed that it's a Viper, with a hot Latino Chick at the driver seat (probably in her mid 30s)! I thought she wouldn't want to race, but she lightly depressed the gas pedal. I thought, "what the hell", let's make it fun. Before I even got a chance to take a closer look at her (she was slightly behind me, and it was dark), the light turned green, and we both gunned it (well, I am sure she didn't). I think she was just playing, and wanted to make it interesting. So, I led her by one car, but I could hear her loud engine next to me. There was this nice curve, and the G handled it nicely even at 70. We both got to a light, and she got behind me, 'cause we both had to turn right. Unfortunately, there was a car infront of us, which didn't want to turn right on red (it's legal here in NJ, and there was no sign). So, we both gave the guy infront a couple of honks, but he still didn't want to move. As soon as the light turned green, we started moving. We both got in the left lane, and I actually build up a nice lead (again, I am sure she wasn't really trying, but she wasn't relaxed about the race either). There was one car in the left lane, and another up ahead in the right lane. We both manuevered through those two cars, but I had to make a left turn. What made my day was when the chick flashed her high beams to acknowledge a nice car and a fun race. Either she didn't want to race too hard because she was a chick, or she was just playing with me. Either way, it was a good way to end the day. Especially, after some dumb A$$ swirwed into the middle lane, while making a left turn, from the left lane. I was just really impressed that our car is valued by other car enthusiasts, and can hold it's ground looks-wise. Sweet G is resting after a hard days work (Raced a cocky 330Ci earlier in the day).
Sweet dreams!

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 08-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Re: Raced a Viper.

Cool, thanks for sharing your experience. I just love hot chicks in hot cars!

Old 08-28-2003, 01:23 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool story dude. Thanks for sharing.
P.S. She must have stayed behind out of respect for your G's power and agility.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Or maybe she was checking your cool tail lights. lol

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 08/27/03 10:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-28-2003, 01:47 AM

yea she probably wasnt really trying at all. those things would rape the hell out of a g. even a procharged g would get raped by that demonic car.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:51 AM

I think she was probably afraid of the power if the viper and didn't want to push it too much.

I would still like to play with a viper like that.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:53 AM

well, I have to be completely honest to my G bro's and sis's.

ONE DAY, soon I will either buy a ACR Viper or the new Skyline GTR if it comes out in Canada here and if I like the damn thing.

But a Viper has always been a sweet dream of mine. A nice black one with those sweet stock chrome 18s and Cognac leather.

How the hell could anyone not like a car that names it leather after one of the finest drinks in the world ?
ehehhehehe

YAP !!

later G's

Old 08-28-2003, 02:10 AM

dood Dally amen to that man, theres quite a few running around in the lowermainland in Vancouver.. everytime i see those things i just cant' help but drop my jaws to the gorund :|
but dood i have seariuos doubt bout the GT-R comni to canada...it's already a "MAYBE" with the US so which means "NO" for canada eh? :\ if they do come over...wow it's gnna be He a Ve N!

Old 08-28-2003, 10:24 AM

I really hope we get the GTR, if not I'll probably be buying the next M3.

If I would buy a viper I would need an other good daily driver because imo the viper is more of a weekend car.

Old 08-28-2003, 10:49 AM

MrElussive wrote:<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Was it a new, 2003 Viper? Because I never really cared for the Viper until it got the redesign (and another 100hp) for 2003.

<hr></blockquote> I couldn't disagree more!
Personally, I abhor the redesign of the Viper. They've taken away everything that made it a truly unique car, and turned it into a Dodge Corvette. Blah!
BTW - no, they didn't add another 100 hp to the 2003 - as far as I know, the Viper has always had a 500 hp powerplant lurking under it's sinuous hood! Let's face it, with an 8.3 liter V10, it ain't that hard to generate 500 ponies. I know there's a few tuners out there that haven't had that hard a time bringing those beasts to over 800 hp - without forced induction! But, as Motor Trend noted in their COTY article about the Viper (both the new one, and those of old), there's one small requirement that comes along with those cars - DRIVING LESSONS!! That's probably why that cutie didn't get on it too hard when playin' - it's easy to put those things into a spin just by gettin' on the gas, even at 60 MPH! Some day... some day I'll have one, but you can bet it won't be a new one. I'll find a nice, well maintained older Viper, and have me one heck of a time!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 08-28-2003, 10:56 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

DC, With a ride like that, you'd still be welcome at our meets bro. No excuses.
Cognac leather, num num. Methinks you'd be as busy licking the seats as you would be driving it. LOL [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
laters

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-28-2003, 11:34 AM

Good race!!! It's good that we are realilstic about the capabilities of our G's. Even though cars like the viper would have us for lunch with some leftovers for dinner, it in no wise
depreciates what we have. I have always dreamed of having a viper. Maybe that's why I like going to sleep at nignt.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:44 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

BTW - no, they didn't add another 100 hp to the 2003 - as far as I know, the Viper has always had a 500 hp powerplant lurking under it's sinuous hood!

<hr></blockquote>
The previous viper (97-02) always had 450HP, except the ACR, which has 460HP. And the 2003 have been vastly improved over the previous Viper.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:07 PM

Thanks guys. I am not sure which year it was, because it was dark. Whatever year it was, maybe she was trying to me feel like a man by beating her She was definitely hot. I am talking about the driver

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.