G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2006 G35 Coupe 6MT: Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT: Initial Impressions

Hi all,

I took delivery of my brand new G35 DG coupe on March 17th... I have put a total of 600 miles on the car and wanted to give my initial feelings. Please note that I coming from a 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution MR Edition... basically an out of the box race car.

To start off with the looks... this car is dead sexy. The lines, color, wheels, stance... this car is a beauty from any viewing angle you can find. And trust me I think I found most of them... I was laying on the ground, standing in the neighbors yard, looking out my upstairs windows... beautiful beautiful beautiful. Every time I walk away from the car I find myself turning around to catch a last glimpse before I head in to work.

Suspension / Handling... the steering is not as responsive as the Evo's... which was expected. The Evo had go kart like handling, which was fun, but also a chore on the highway... a small twitch of the wheel and you were two lanes over. The G's steering is slightly muted, but if you yank on the wheel the car will move, and stays relatively flat. The ride is much nicer than I am used to. I really like to feel the bumps on the road and the G gives me that senstation, but when I go over major bumps... it absopbs those that used to make me cringe. Almost as if it knows how much I want to feel... and want I could do without. This makes for a great daily driver / highway car.

Exhaust note... "drool" OMG it is AMAZING... I love this sounds. My turbo charged 4 cylinder would make all kinds of noise... and people would look, but it was overwhelming. Now the exhaust is subtle but there and sound like an F1 car. And with the windows up, the sounds disappears... great comprise!

Attention... I used to get all of the little Civic boys wanting to race me... it was fun attention but got old quick. Now I am getting the attention from hot blondes in BMW's... I doubt that will ever get old!

Power / Performance... This is where my thoughts are under-developed... as I mentioned I only have 600 miles on the car, and I am getting really really sick of seeing 4000 rpms and red light. I can't wait to get through this break in periods. BUT from what I can tell the power delivery is sooo smooth and quiet that I am having problems adjusting to driving the car. Before, I could drive the Evo just by sound... I knew the rev's, what gear, where I was and what I needed to do. Now in the G... I could be doing 3500 rpms in 3rd or idling at a stop light and couldn't tell a difference! It will take some time to get used to it!

Interior... WOW... unlike anything I have experienced before (this is obviously my first "grown up" car. I love the leather, the heated seats, sunroof, steering wheel... blue tooth... all the little things that you didn't even know that you would want.

And finally service... the Evo is a great car... but Mitsubishi service is lacking. Everytime I went in for service I felt like I had to be defensive about how I drove the car, and what I have done to the car. I had my first experience of an issue with the G... the car I bought was on the showroom floor, and about 2 weeks after owning it I noticed on the interior door jam a three deep gouges in the paint... I took into the dealership. The GM greeted me by name (great memory) and took a look at the car. Immediately he said it looks like the seat belt got slammed in the door. I though crap they are going to think I did it. The next words were... if you can wait, when you bring it for the oil change, we will send it out to a paint shop to get fixed. That is AMAZING...

Overall A+ I love the car, the service, the experience...
I just with the next 600 miles were over so I can start really driving this car!

Old 03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet. Congrats. Glad you like the car.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
congrats man. i'm also trying to get past the break-in point as soon as possible but my work keeps sending me out of town!

Old 03-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Just got my 06 coupe 6MT as well, so I know EXACTLY how you're feeling bro! The attention is crazy from those hot blondes in bimmers huh? lol Throw on some rims and have some fun!

Old 03-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Originally Posted by pennektj
Attention... I used to get all of the little Civic boys wanting to race me... it was fun attention but got old quick. Now I am getting the attention from hot blondes in BMW's... I doubt that will ever get old!
^+1

#1 reason why I didn't want another boy-racer car. I was soooo tired of the 'wanna race?' looks from idiots. Respect is so much better

Old 03-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes..she is beauty in every way. Enjoy and have fun.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
What wheels should I put on the car? I have the stock 19" Rays... and absolutely love them... I don't think I will be taking them off anytime soon

There are too many things I would change. I think my first "mod" will be the installation of the digital wheelz screen and a carputer... then I will be set!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Congrats!
I'm very close to 50K with my 04 6MT and I still turn an look always; she keeps getting better and better; no complaints.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

^^^ same here - it just gets better.

Congrats & Good Luck

>> Don't ever "grow-up" ...the blonds may start to go away

Old 03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^ I turn and look all the time. I love getting the end parking space..

Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
congrats..... you'll love the car... n when u r ready fi it, then make another review....

Old 03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
FI will be a while down the road... I had to finance the car over 6 years... so I am going to hang on to that warranty for as long as I can. Once the car is paid off... then watch out

Old 03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Man, you made me go outside and take another look at mine just now! Enjoy the ride bro, and the attention. I'm not a big fan of blondes personally, but the smokin hot one in the Cayenne yesterday, putting on lip gloss, you know who you are...

Old 03-31-2006, 04:01 PM
What the first guy said.... DITTO! Freakin love this puppy.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:05 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome to the club

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT: Initial Impressions