G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Taking advantage of a Dealer Wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:06 AM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put on you flame suit buddy..........dealerships are known for totally fcking up cars when being washed.........ive head 5 or more stories about rims getting ruined or bent

Old 04-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dealer Wash

Originally Posted by SDG
I use the free wash, if I know I'm bringing it in I will put off washing just so they can do it. Never had a scratch or problem.
I think I understand everyone's fears about the dealer wash, but like SDG said, I have never had a problem, knock on wood. I took it in today to get the dirt and grime off from the rain this week and its okay. I mean they do most of the work. I just clean the windows, and wheels myself and it looks good till Sunday when I give it my special wash by myself.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by truplay8
put on you flame suit buddy..........dealerships are known for totally fcking up cars when being washed.........ive head 5 or more stories about rims getting ruined or bent
I think he's gonna need more than a flame suit

Old 04-08-2006, 01:35 PM
i never let them wash my car.. i went to the bmw dealer wit my frind yesterday to take his car in for service and i saw an m3 being washed and they cracked his window and scratced his rims!!

Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
actually for me they actually do a decent job... i take the G35 into the service dept, they do what they need to do, and then when i get it back its shiny and vacuumed... my dealership cant destroy cars though... i live in a very ritzy area where everyone and their mother drives either and infiniti, lexus, mercedes, or bmw... (that's southern california guys haha) but if they damage cars people have the money to sue here... so they are extra careful with the cars and they are extra helpful as the service advisors

Old 04-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Riverside Infiiniti washes my car everytime I bring it in for service and it never comes back with scratches or anything crazy. Just comes back clean...

Old 04-21-2006, 08:25 AM
No way!! I don't know if they use the "Auto Butler" at other Infinity dealer's, but it ruined the black plastic piece that connects the side view mirrors to the doors. When I took the car in to complain, I noticed that all of the coupes on the showroom floor had the same damage. In addition, the dealer has given me a real hard time about replacing them. Their excuse was that they fade. Yeah well I had the car only for 3 days. They have yet to respond.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 PM
i've gone to a Nissan dealership with my car filthy, and totally forgot they were going to wash my car..

and while I asked what's included in the 59.99 oil change, he said car wash... i was like "oh wait, i forgot to mention I don't want them to do it for me." the guy stopped it just in time before it went to get a wash.

the only time the dealership has washed my G is when I bought the car. that's it!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I dont trust anyone but myself to wash my car, and thats the reason why I dont have any swirl marks on my car.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:20 PM
tjm
I would never let a dealer wash my car either. Right from the dealers driveway my car was loaded with swirl marks from their stupid fleet washes. I can only imagine what harsh brushes have touched the body of my baby
I've spent hours and hours repairing what the people who could give a damn about the car have done.
Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, because the swirls weren't THAT bad. But there sure was enough that the naked eye could see.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my g had swirls on it when i bought it too.... i just wash the car myself now... zaino works wonders too....

i got a card in the mail the other day for a $20 oil change at infiniti of elk grove.... it includes car wash and vaccum.... i made an appointment to go in next friday but will opt out of the car wash and vaccum....i have a feeling they'll just use Elk Grove Nissan's "drive-thru and scratch me like crazy" facility next door to their QuickLube facility....(this quicklube facility is smack dab between the 2 dealerships)... otherwise if it was sent somewhere else for handwash/dry then maybe....hopefully the oil change service will be done by infiniti service department and not the nissan/infiniti quick lube shop...

they did say it would take an hour....

Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by G35maniacG35
I dont trust anyone but myself to wash my car, and thats the reason why I dont have any swirl marks on my car.
what color is your G?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
i've learned a lesson to always see the car before buying it - i just assumed that a brand new car would have no problems. wrong. the car had 2 scratches on it that they said they would send over to "paint" and take care of it. 4 days later i go to pick up the car and oh man the holograms - looked worse than before i dropped it off. so they kept it for another 4 days and the holograms were almost gone but i could still find the scratch - much better than before but if i could find it they sure didn't paint it. makes me wonder what they did for over a week. i requested that they not wash it either.. its too bad they don't actually teach their employees how to properly wash cars. i have a brand new car with swirls all over it - hopefully i can take them out myself with my portercable random orbit buffer... but i shouldn't have to. its BRAND NEW! ugh..

Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Personally, If I went to pick up my new car and it had any scratches on it that required an kind of paint work, I would absolutely refuse to take the car under any circumstances and demand another car. Who would want a brand new car with paint work?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by MDR G35C
Everytime I get a dealer wash I get more scratches too. For me its not worth it. I always tell them to pass on the wash.
+10000000000000000000000000000... freakin people dont know how to wash cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taking advantage of a Dealer Wash