G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What's wrong with the Bose system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
No highs, no lows, it's Bose. From what I've been told, Bose only excels at spoken word and classical. I'm researching fixes now.

Grace
LOL, That used to be our saying when I sold and installed car audio. Ahhh memories.

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:25 PM
I've owned seven cars with a Bose system, and out of all of them the Nissan/Infiniti have always sounded flat. I don't understand why one manufacturer can have a great sounding Bose, while another can have a terrible sounding system. For example, the Bose in my 1994 NSX sounds great, as did the Bose in my 2005 TL that I traded for my 2006 G35C. The TL Bose had a multitude of user adjustments, and it also featured the new DVD-A. Listening to the Bose in my new coupe sounds just like the Bose I had in my 1990 300ZX TT 16 years ago. It sounds as though I'm listening to it through a tin can.

I guess that I'll just have to listen to more O&A and channel 150 on XM.

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by jokerzcard6
What's wrong with the Bose system?
My bose seems better then most stock systems i've heard...BUT my bass is either too loud at 0 or usually not loud enough at -1 thru -3. I'm afraid i'm going to blow the speakers.

I think I'm going to get a single 10" sub/4080 box to push bass and lower bass on door speakers.

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:51 PM
I have my bass at +4 always on my bose system, and volume is usually at 14. Sounds perfect

Old 04-13-2006 | 06:04 PM
whats wrong with it... ??? bose designed it hahahahah

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:10 PM
I love my Bose

I was thinking the same thing as I was listening to my CD on my Bose system. The sound clarity was great and I couldn't help to wonder why people on this board have a problem with their Bose. I mean, its not like we are trying to compete with the low riders hitting switches with the subwoofers falling out the trunk.

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:17 PM
I like it, but not as much as the one I had in my Z roadster with the sub kicking me in the back! The input level is a little lower on XM and thru my MP3adapter (same input on head unit), otherwise not too bad. Like mentioned above it's what you like and don't like.

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:24 PM
In a nutshell...it's good for certain types of music such as classical and jazz, but not so good for hip hop or rock.

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:32 PM
Comparing an HK to bose : (

Everyone seems to have a mutual agreement that the Bose system sucks, am i missing something?

What are you guys noticing because I dont think I know what to look out for or i don't play my music loud enough because i'm not sure what makes it so much worse then my friends HK in his BMW..maybe im deaf =p
that's because Harman Kardon is a respected audio manufacturer and not a hyped up mainstream brand like Bose...Sure, you can boost the highs and lows and turn it up to compensate, but the problem with the sound (at least in the coupe) is it's lack of real amplification and midrangy quality. Of course, it depends on the program material, but I've never really cared to much for the actual 'sound' of Bose. You could try replacing the speakers with the infinitys as some have done, could be a real pain if you've never worked on car audio before though..

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:37 PM
The Bose is pretty good for a OEM system. Could be better, but OEM systems have come a long way. I prefer my own system, (Kenwood Head, Amp, JL 10W6, & Eclipse surrounds) but to each their own. It's really not bad considering it's stock IMO.

Old 04-13-2006 | 08:43 PM
Thumbs up Bose

Everyone seems to have a mutual agreement that the Bose system sucks, am i missing something?

What are you guys noticing because I dont think I know what to look out for or i don't play my music loud enough because i'm not sure what makes it so much worse then my friends HK in his BMW..maybe im deaf =p
I agree, my Bose system is great for an OEM stereo. No problems with it and it plays great.

Old 04-13-2006 | 09:12 PM
that's because Harman Kardon is a respected audio manufacturer and not a hyped up mainstream brand like Bose...

Like another poster pointed out, form your own opinion. I don't get into cars to listen to music, so the sound system isn't that big a deal to me. The Bose system in my G35 is however superior to the HK in my '02 M3, which isn't saying much since it's about the worse I've heard, and vastly superior to the base sound sytem in my 996. I think Porsche prides itself in offering lousy audio systems. I believe that they would just as well offer a car without a radio. Actually one of the most rewarding Porsche experiences is listening to the sounds made by a 996 equipped with PSE.

Old 04-13-2006 | 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
that's because Harman Kardon is a respected audio manufacturer and not a hyped up mainstream brand like Bose...

Like another poster pointed out, form your own opinion. I don't get into cars to listen to music, so the sound system isn't that big a deal to me. The Bose system in my G35 is however superior to the HK in my '02 M3, which isn't saying much since it's about the worse I've heard, and vastly superior to the base sound sytem in my 996. I think Porsche prides itself in offering lousy audio systems. I believe that they would just as well offer a car without a radio. Actually one of the most rewarding Porsche experiences is listening to the sounds made by a 996 equipped with PSE.
agreed - G's bose system is MUCH MUCH better than BMW's HK system. not that it's saying much, but the HK really sucked a$$ - no bass, rattling like crazy when you turn it up a bit, and i was always surprised how a 12 speaker system can sound so flat...

Old 04-13-2006 | 11:59 PM
THE BATMOBILE
i like my bose system

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:57 AM
i love bose system...
because i had 97 lexus es300
sucked as$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's wrong with the Bose system?