G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

REPLICA body kits...is there really a big difference??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REPLICA body kits...is there really a big difference??

Heyy, i must have looked at a ton of body kit pics on here and a lot of them look really good...I loved the impul...but when i looked at pricing it was about 4 grand!..If i were to get a replica kit of impul whats the difference??? Just the quality and look??? thanks

Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if you have a good shop then there is no difference....unless the fitment is really really bad

Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM
actualy.... this is heresay, but what i was told from a somewhat reliable source..... is that the replica kits have to be at least 15% different from the originals. So even though it may not look the same, for it to be legaly sold it has to be 15% different.

When i got my greddy kit, it was TRUST certified or whatever, meaning that it clips/screws into all the same holes as the original bumper. I'm not sure if the replicas come with this...

Usualy i go with the.... you get what you pay for philosophy....

f

Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 PM
most replicas dont come with the wholes drilled so your shop has to do that.. i dont know if that falls in the "15% diff " section but here are some pics of my replica ings sides and nismo front.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
i love those pictures everytime i see them

Old 04-21-2006, 04:32 PM
THE BATMOBILE
if you have a good body shop you can pull off the replicas...........if not, its not even worth the money..........if you have the money then go with the authentic

Old 04-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like other's say it's fine to buy replica's...because the originals are fiberglass just like the knock-offs. The only thing is the fitment, and I've heard even the "originals" do not have perfect fitment, either.

Just be sure of two things...

1) The replica you are buying is actually a good knock off and is from a reputable seller.

2) A good body shop that has dealt with fiberglass body kits before and know how to get them to fit the right way.

If you're in Socal there's a million shops out there that know how to deal with fibeglass kits...but if you're in a place like Iowa it might be a little bit harder to find a good shop with experience.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Like other's say it's fine to buy replica's...because the originals are fiberglass just like the knock-offs. The only thing is the fitment, and I've heard even the "originals" do not have perfect fitment, either.

Just be sure of two things...

1) The replica you are buying is actually a good knock off and is from a reputable seller.

2) A good body shop that has dealt with fiberglass body kits before and know how to get them to fit the right way.

If you're in Socal there's a million shops out there that know how to deal with fibeglass kits...but if you're in a place like Iowa it might be a little bit harder to find a good shop with experience.
+1 original are Fiberglass and even then they are not perfect fit.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
if you have a good body shop you can pull off the replicas...........if not, its not even worth the money..........if you have the money then go with the authentic

So you are saying a poor body shop can still install an authentic body kit good?? I doubt it.... If you buy a good replica from speedstash.com you will be fine. Any body shop that is descent will be able to handle it. Don't buy those $200 replica kits off of e-bay they are for sure crapola!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
a poor shop will have less trouble with an authentic kit...yes, i know they dont fit perfect some times but im sure they're not as bad as replicas. truply8 is right though you have to find a good shop thats delt with replicas and fiberglass kits. ...either way...why would anyone take their G to a "poor shop"

Old 04-22-2006, 07:54 AM
So you think authentic body kits are perfect fits??

Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
my greddy kit had perfect fitment... it was TRUST though, thats supsoed to make it straight bolt on.... and it was.
f

Old 04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Swerving and Weaving
Originally Posted by filipm
my greddy kit had perfect fitment... it was TRUST though, thats supsoed to make it straight bolt on.... and it was.
f
this is good to know because i have to yet put my G-Racer kit on but everything is trust certified and had the certificates of authenticity in the box. so i hope it will be perfect and my shop wont have ot do much

Old 04-23-2006, 11:14 PM
isnt it better to get urethane so they can shape it/align it better b/c of the flexibility?

Old 04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=jimmytango00]most replicas dont come with the wholes drilled so your shop has to do that.. i dont know if that falls in the "15% diff " section but here are some pics of my replica ings sides and nismo front.

wut body kit is that? im new to modding.. i like the lips and everyhing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REPLICA body kits...is there really a big difference??