G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti engineers came to look at the bluetooh in my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti engineers came to look at the bluetooh in my car?

So ive had some trouble with the bluetooth setup in my G and brought it in a while back to get it looked at along with some other stuff. Guess they never got to test out the bluetooth cuz they didnt have a bluetooth phone..dunno wierd. Anyways i told them i thought it was my phone ( motorola slvr) because ive heard the buzzing noise through the headset before as well. Told them ill get the phone replaced and try it again... replaced it and still same thing. So when i schedualed my first oil change for today ( called in about a week ago) i told them about the bluetooh as well as some problem with the window. Earlier this week i heard the same noise as before through my headset and figured either i got screwed twice on my phone or the phone is just ****ty... so when i dropped the car off today i told them to not worry about the bluetooth yet ( cuz they asked me to leave my phone) since i was going to have it replaced yet again. I got my loaner and was walking out and some other service girl comes running over and asked me again if i was leaving my phone..told her the deal and she was like ohh can you just show me what you are hearing.. so i showed her and told her we can try it again in a few weeks.. then she proceeds to tell me that she found out yesterday that infiniti engineers are coming to the dealership to check out MY car specifcally for the bluetooth... apparently they found that i made a complaint before and when i was scheduled to bring the car in they found out and decided to come down as well?????? NO idea... sounds unlikely but since the girl that told me wasnt even the one that was checking me in it seems like she was telling the truth.. that girl was actually helping someone else and came running out when she saw me ( recognized me from last time). Dunno guys what do you think?

Last edited by malukalu; 04-28-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you sound important

Old 04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by jersey-G
you sound important
lol , i swear im not! thats why im suprised. To tell you the truth though i have had a good expereince with this dealership so far. I had the clearbra done through the dealership as well. We were trying to schedual an appt to do it before i drove up to the bay area and they couldnt allocate a rental car, so they offered to send the guys to my office parking log if it was covered otherwise after hours at my house in my garage at no charge! So the night before i left to the bay i had two guys in my garage putting on the clearbra from like 6-8 pm!!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds like a great dealership to do business with!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the motorola SLVR as well. It puts out a ton of FM, magnetic, and electrical interferance. What kind of buzzing are you hearing?

If it's a "duhhhh, duh duh duh duh" kind of 'morse-cose' 'ish sound, then that is normal (unfortunatly).

Old 04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
I have the motorola SLVR as well. It puts out a ton of FM, magnetic, and electrical interferance. What kind of buzzing are you hearing?

If it's a "duhhhh, duh duh duh duh" kind of 'morse-cose' 'ish sound, then that is normal (unfortunatly).
i think thats it.. its just the phone then? that SUX... does the razr have the same problem?

Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
yeah i been using bluetooth since it first came out, and all the bluetooth headsets make that noise. guess it's normal, but i think i notice that sound when the bluelight on the front of the headset comes on, but iono. i had a razr before and now using a samsung t809, and i have had 2 different headsets. so dont worry if it makes noises, jus worry when it doesnt work, and if it doesnt, pm me cuz i been throu so many bluetooth problems

Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 PM
TLS
Ahh, the old " Engineering guy is comming to town to save the day." Dont let that get to you, its more like " Im trying to buy time but yet want you to feel comfortable that it will get fixed.
I have heard this soo many times and ended up not getting the problem fixed.
Anyways, I have the razr(that I dropped soo many times) and it worked perfectly. I just have to scream for them to hear me. Took me couple hours to figure how to program after getting lost in another language and trying to bring it back to english.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I had a BMW engineer

look at my car when I owned an E46 BMW 328CI. The back part of the sub-chasis (the trunk) cracked and none of the techs have ever seen before so a BMW engineer was flown in from Maryland (or a different east-coast state) and looked at it and documented as a defective case. They ended up replacing my entire sub-chasis for free as a "legacy-warranty." They had to fly in an entire sub-chasis from Germany and had a special jig tp re-align my rear end and suspension. All and all i think it costed them about 15K. They told me it was a one - in million defect.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Wow. No one ever runs out at my dealership!

You shouldn't have to use your headset if you have the bluetooth integrated into your car. I'm assuming you have the 06? I posted a while back regarding sound quality for the person on the other end of my call. Through the stereo, everything is fine within the car. I have both a Pebl and Razr set up on mine. I believe the Slvr is related to both.

It will be interesting to see what they find.
grace

Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Sounds like someone scoping out your car to gank it when you least expect it LOOK OUT!

Old 04-28-2006, 05:10 PM
haha! well i got another call from them. Girl aplogized and said that she thought they were coming for the bluetooth and actually it turns out they were coming to look at the window problem! Said they had to order parts and will be there on monday... loaner for the weekend...hmmm...VEGAS!!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Loaner for the weekend? Donuts, burning rubber, and drifting practice?
Aw heck. Throw in Vegas if you have to.
...shhh

We'll never tell a soul.

grace

Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
sry to jack the thread, but where can i find the password/code to pair a phone to the car

Old 04-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Password:

Tip: if you have a pocket pc or blackberry make sure you are in numeric mode and not alpha when you key in the password. I had a HP pocket PC (with phone) and could not figure it out but it turns out it defaults to alpha mode and that was entering alphas the whole time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti engineers came to look at the bluetooh in my car?