G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How fast is the G compared to racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: How fast is the G compared to racers?

Well, we were talking about stock vs. stock. And I don't consider a SC/T engine any different than a N/A engine in that sense. The reason being is that they were both designed totally different. If you were to take an engine that was built for boost, and add more boost, presumeably you could make more horse than one designed N/A. The N/A engine wasn't built for boost, i.e. compression, lack of forged internals, etc. So, no I don't think that if you were to supercharge/turbo a G you would have the reliability OR the power of a 2003 cobra. Same priced vehicle. If you were to spend an equal amount on both, i.e. add an aftermarket supercharger, the Cobra would make TONS more HP than the G. Kenne Bell makes a twin screw supercharger for the 2003 cobra. The car will produce 615 RWHP!!! And this is on STOCK internals with other basic performance upgrades (intake, exhaust, chip). Try doing that with a G. You can't. My only point (again) is that $ for $, there are faster cars for the money, the #1 contender being the 03 cobra. The G won't make 400 HP at the wheels either. The 03 cobra puts down 360 to the wheels stock, and with JUST an intake and exhaust puts down 415 to the wheels. I have the dyno sheets to prove it. We could go on and on about mods, but when it comes to stock vs. stock, the G is not the fastest for the money.

'03.5 Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter
Stillen Air Box, Clear Corners, Alum Pedals

Old 09-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wel, i agree G is not the fastest car in its price range, however, it is still considered to be a pretty fast car in its class or price range...

Anywayz, if i would to pick an pure racing car, with the price of G, i think i would rather pick STI instead of Cobra though.... which is the same price too... just my opinion... (sorry but i gotta say i hate its exterior and i hate american car...)

Wel, of course G is not the fastest for its money comparing stock vs stock (Cobra, STI, S2K, Z350 will all be able to beat the G), but G is certainly one of the car that is worth every penny considering it's great exterior and luxury interior, it's a great combination that all the other racing car does not offer!

Comparing G with Cobra is just like comparing a BMW with a WRX, some ppl prefer WRX becuz they want speed (actually one of my friend is thinking about trade in his 325 for a wrx), others think it is a downgrade... wel, i guess it's just ppl's preferences...

Old 09-18-2003, 02:52 AM

Sorry but between a G35 coupe and 350Z would actually be a close race.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:56 AM

I had both. take the G anytime. End of story.

04 Sedan. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. Brand Spankin New.

Old 09-18-2003, 12:16 PM

Ha Ha I was going to get the 03 Cobra then Infiniti said they where comming out with a 2 door... They said it would be diffrent.. So waited and fell in love.. So I got it.. Now my girlfriend is like I want 1. I see that to be pretty lame so I showed her the 350z and now she wants on of them... WOMEN..... But hey Ill get to drive BOTH hehe

And yes between 350z and G35 the real diffrence is in weight and driveshaft and intake... But weight is kinda out the door cause I heard that there rims are 2.5 lbs heavier then the g35's.. And rim weight is dead weight. So 10 Lbs actual weight = 150 Lbs witch makes up a lil weight diff..

And the s2000 is not faster there are just easier to launch.. Drop from like 7000- 8000k with not much wheel spin.. Pretty easy in my opinion... Now this cause I drove 1.. And have beaten them on the streets..

Dont read mags I have a Automobile mag that says G35 coupe 1/4 in 14.6... humm not very accurate since iv got 14.3 with poor 60' time and 1/2 tank of gas.. I doubt that the Stillen taken off .3 on my 1/4..

5 wire Grounding kit
350z Pipe / Stillen High-Flow
Crawford on its way!!!
Best 1/4 14.348 @ 98.16

Old 09-18-2003, 08:01 PM

I believe you can get the G35 into the high 13's with no mods whatsoever except for a set of sticky slicks on the *** end....That and remembering to turn of the freaky VDC.....

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 09-19-2003, 11:55 AM

Mustang GT = Should be a close match in the 1/4 & Coupe's advantage in a 1/8th.
Camaro Iroc Z28 = Don't try.
Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS = Massacre??..Coupe.
Acura RSX Type S = Massacre?? part2..Coupe
Acura TL Type S = Don't know.
Corvette Z06 = Don't try!
Pontiac Grand AM GT1 = Don't know.
Toyota Celics GT-S = This one is funny!
Honda S2000 = Depends...1/8th the G might have a lead. On the 1/4th I don't really know.
Lexus IS300 = Don't know.
Lincoln LS V8 = Have no idea!
Mazda RX-8 = I don't think there's a contest here. Coupe (and its hard for me to admit it, although I never tried)
Subaru Impreza WRX = Don't think its a good idea to try. They accelerate off the line Very fast, and trap speeds on the 1/4th are close to 100.
BMW 3 series 325 or 330 = Have no idea!

RX-8 V.Red / 6MT

105836-mprx8.jpg

Old 09-19-2003, 12:04 PM

Supras are expensive thanks to a little [Auto-Censored] movie, which acronym is TF&TF....darn.

RX-8 V.Red / 6MT

Old 09-19-2003, 12:11 PM

QUOTE from: deadmanincbh (Addict)
09/17/03 11:52 PM
"Sorry but between a G35 coupe and 350Z would actually be a close race. "

Take a base Z & a base G....what is the weight difference?
Are the HP & TQ areas below the curves way different?

If the Z has a weight advantage, I do strongly believe, the Z could easily outrun a G Coupe.

RX-8 V.Red / 6MT

105849-mprx8.jpg

Old 09-19-2003, 01:37 PM

RX8_TX wrote:<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If the Z has a weight advantage, I do strongly believe, the Z could easily outrun a G Coupe.

<hr></blockquote>"Easily"? You make it sound as if it'd be a slaughter. Not kinda hardly.
Yes, the 350Z has about a 200 lb. weight advantage, and a few extra HP. What that really translates out to at the track is a tenth or two to 60 MPH, at most, and a fraction more than that in the quarter mile. On the street, it becomes a driver's race. If the drivers are about equal, the race will edge to the Z. If the G driver is significantly better, the G will win - but in either case, it's gonna be close.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 09-19-2003, 01:38 PM

Oh, and by the way... Lincoln LS V8? Not even close. They're dogs.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 09-19-2003, 05:18 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"Easily"? You make it sound as if it'd be a slaughter. Not kinda hardly.
Yes, the 350Z has about a 200 lb. weight advantage, and a few extra HP. What that really translates out to at the track is a tenth or two to 60 MPH, at most, and a fraction more than that in the quarter mile. On the street, it becomes a driver's race. If the drivers are about equal, the race will edge to the Z. If the G driver is significantly better, the G will win - but in either case, it's gonna be close.

<hr></blockquote>

Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean a slaughter, but there is a clear advantage in numbers. Thats why I asked how is the G's area under the Power & Torque curves. Maybe the G uses its power & torque more efficiently than the Z.

Then, weight the smallest difference between the 2 is 210lbs, and the worst one 247lbs (w/no driver + full tank of gas according to www.infiniti.com & www.nissanusa.com)

IF the drivers were to be equal (or the same) and both proefficient driving both cars I don't know what could happen.

On paper, the Z has a weight & power advantage over the G. In reality, I don't know what to tell you. You must be confident for some reason.

RX-8 V.Red / 6MT

Old 09-20-2003, 05:54 PM

A Z-28 would get his *** handed to him by a new m3, z-28 SS would be a good race. Crack is bad for your health.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

RX,
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

see my comments at the end of the post for your answer. And if numbers are what you're looking for, the only head to head comparo that I have seen was in the C&D to which I have referred.
DB

DB

Old 09-21-2003, 12:45 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

RX,
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

see my comments at the end of the post for your answer. And if numbers are what you're looking for, the only head to head comparo that I have seen was in the C&D to which I have referred.
DB

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks Derek. In other words the gearing on the G makes a more efficient use of the torque available, did I get this right?

And I also understand that magazine reviews are very, very subjective in that aspect. It would be wiser to make a sampling of several runs, throughout several days, and with different drivers. However, this would be impossible from a practical stand point.

Adding to the your previous thread about the 1/4th: a car such as an RX8 will get its intestine handed by any G (wether MT or AT, coupe or sedan -I don't have hard proof on the last one though) on a rolling start -lack of torque makes itself obvious here. However, on a standstill.......if you don't care too much about your car (well, in this case me...with an RX) I could probably keep up with a G. But, you'll be gearing the G normaly and I would be working up a sweat trying to get everything right (lacking tq is a very, very good workout! )

Anyways, I thought it was interesting how the 2 (Z & G) matched up against each other...being that they share platform and powerplant (safe for a few tuning differences.)

Cheers & Thanks!

RX-8 V.Red / 6MT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How fast is the G compared to racers?