G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

yet ANOTHER tranny problem.advice guys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yet ANOTHER tranny problem.advice guys?

I went to a lemon law lawyer recently about my tranny problems. I had two trannies replaced by two different dealerships. well as we all know the tranny sucks on this one again, and my 5th gear is grinding on fast shifts. took it to my dealership today and had a test drive with the mechanic. it was grinding when I was shifting and the tech def heard it. He wanted to drive it, but couldnt shift fast at all so it didnt grind, but he complained about a stiff clutch. I asked if they could write down on a workorder that the tech did hear the grinding noise, but they did not want to do that. they said it was probably my clutch, which was replaced at 27k miles. car has 40k now. i know how to drive a stick i didnt burn the clutch, its not slipping. lawyer says all he needs is them to recognize the problem, not even fix it, so i can get a lemon law filed. any recomendations as to where i should go in the SOCAL area?? any advice? thanks in advance. really appreciate it.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:01 AM
any help??

Old 05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where should you go for what?

Sorry if i'm missing something from your thread. And to hear that you still have this problem. I see you went ahead w/ the laywer. Good choice. Let them do the leg work for you. Hopefully, with this problem, your lemon law should be a lot easier to get through.

What area do you live in so cal? That's a big area. What I would do is schedule an app. w/ a dealer around your area. Two choices, go to the ones that replaced your first two trannies and tell them it's back. Hopefully, since they addressed the problem before, they will be more willing to admit or try to fix it, therefore finding something wrong and documenting it.

The other option is go to a dealer not familiar w/ your car. Schedule a drive along. Take the service manager or service rep w/ the drive along. Have them write up a work order stating they heard the grinding noise for the techs to check out. That may be enough for burden of proof in this case.

Best of luck... once again. You may be in the it for the long haul. These things don't go through the courts/mediation process too quickly.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
Where should you go for what?

Sorry if i'm missing something from your thread. And to hear that you still have this problem. I see you went ahead w/ the laywer. Good choice. Let them do the leg work for you. Hopefully, with this problem, your lemon law should be a lot easier to get through.

What area do you live in so cal? That's a big area. What I would do is schedule an app. w/ a dealer around your area. Two choices, go to the ones that replaced your first two trannies and tell them it's back. Hopefully, since they addressed the problem before, they will be more willing to admit or try to fix it, therefore finding something wrong and documenting it.

The other option is go to a dealer not familiar w/ your car. Schedule a drive along. Take the service manager or service rep w/ the drive along. Have them write up a work order stating they heard the grinding noise for the techs to check out. That may be enough for burden of proof in this case.

Best of luck... once again. You may be in the it for the long haul. These things don't go through the courts/mediation process too quickly.

i was looking to see what dealers were recomended. i went to those two dealers b4 and they said they dont want any part of this. i did schedule an appt with Thousand Oaks, but i just hope that they would put on the workorder that the grinding is there. thats all that i need in order to go through with the case. lawyers said that all they need is evidence that its still there and it shoiuld be smooth from there....well see

Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, how fast do you shift going to 5th? I understand shifting fast from 1-4 for racing but going to fifth should be normal shift since 5th + is just cruising gear, maybe I'm getting old or slowing down now. This will be hard to explain or justify to the dealer since it's almost rare that you shift real fast going to 5th or 6th.

Heck on time I saw someone complaining to Nissan about grinding on lower gears and their reason was the person was shifting so fast.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:48 PM
accelerating onto the freeway onramps is where it mostly happens. i shift thru 1-2 redline 3-4-5 is just like midway. i like to shift fast, its just been a thing of mine.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
You can only shift as quickly as the motor's RPMs can come down to match with the next gear. If you're gear jamming, you're just going to screw up every transmission you touch. Every shift should be an exercise in fluid motion and synchronicity between your right hand and left foot. It should feel smooth and completely devoid of any brutality!

Old 05-06-2006, 01:22 AM
ive been driving stick for a while i know how to drive. why is it that its only 5th gear tho? the ones abused the most would be 1-2-3-4, 5th isnt even that common. even driven my cousins M3 and still nothing like that....