G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got Dented Today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Dented Today!!!!!

I am very ticked off right now. I went to Best Buy looking for a TV for my room and, after some searching, I bought a 27 inch Samsung. At the checkout the salesman asked if I wanted it delivered for $35 and I said yes. He then says, "well, you should at least try to see if it fits in your car."

I really didnt want to take the chance of hurting my beauty, but being the cheap *** that I am I said, "Why Not?" So, I pull the car in front of the store. These two workers come out and they take the TV out of the box and try to put it in the front seat. During this process, one of the guys happens to bump the edge of the TV of my rear quarter panel near the door. My girlfriend next to me says, "Did you see that?" I slowly nodded. After they put the TV in the front seat without futher incident, I said calmly,"You guys dented my door when you were putting the TV in the car." One of the guys says, "Oh, really?" Meanwhile, the short asian guy who actually did the denting goes inside the store.

The worker standing next to me (big guy) says, "Would you like to file an incident report?" I said "Yes" and he goes to get the manager. Now I know that this guys knows his coworker dented the door because he repies later that "It's ok, accident happen." The manager comes out, I fill out the paper, he makes me a copy and says that he will fax the report out and they should call me in 1-2 weeks. When they call they will send out a insurance claims person to take a look, assess the damage and see who's fault it is.

Keep in mind that the car is brand new and I have had it for almost two weeks. The dent isnt that big, no paint chip, but it definitely is noticeable. Should I go ahead and just get it fixed myself for a couple hundred(?) or wait for damn Best Buy to call me? What would you do?

I need your advice guys. Thanks.

Lesson Learned: Never take any chances with your G.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6M/T
Premium - Navi - Aero - Trunk Mat

Old 09-15-2003, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Got Dented Today!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

If there was no paint damage and there are no creases in the metal then you should be able to call a dent removal company. there everywhere and usually they can come right to you home or work, pull the dent out and your set.

I had 2 door dings taken out of my old car, it took about 20 minutes and was about $60 bucks.

on another note, why a Samsung?

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 09-15-2003, 06:45 AM

Thats soo funny NORLOWNF goes, "Why Samsung" Hey all these damn TV's are the same. I wholesale Panasonic and let me tell you, all these TVs are the same. BUt anyways

Yea man at school i get dented all the time i have spent maybe 150 bucks getting it fixed. BUT thanks god it was paintless dent remove. GO to any detail shop and they will do it. Even the dealerships know people. Dont worry but first check what best buy Says, if they pay say you wanna take it to your body shop becuase you trust them. Give Best buy the estimate, and make sure they charge alot, then go get it done paintless dent removeal.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 09-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

Make them pay.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT, nav, & aero
Jax, FL

Old 09-15-2003, 10:29 AM

Bummer!!! It all depends on how long you want to drive around with the ding? Can you wait a month until it gets repaired? I personally could not wait and I would go get it fixed myself.

G35C Desert Platinum/Willow Leather 5AT Aero Pack Premium Pack

Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks man

i was washing my car this weekend and when i got to the rear fender on the drivers side i noticed a small dent. upon further inspection i saw that the paint was chipped off. its not a very big dent. it looks like someone shout my car with a bb gun. but it is definately noticable. dont know how im goin to fix that one yet any suggestions.

also while washing the trunk i found some marks on the top and near the infiniti symbol. no matter what i did they would not come off. they appear to be rust spots but i dont know how this is possible.

also Ggirl have you gotten yours tinted yet? if so what you get? i'm gettin mine done this weekend either goin 5% or metallic. hopin to get the metallic but it depends on how dark it is and if you can seee in.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra

Old 09-15-2003, 12:48 PM

Have Best Buy take care of it. Why go out and spend hundred's for someone else's mistake? Just give it a week to hear from them. If after 1 week nothing, then go ahead and call them. Take it to the best body shop around after they claim fault and get it fixed the right way.

-wicked

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 09-15-2003, 01:07 PM

Make BB pay!! Why shold you have to lay out the money on their accident! Besides, you will have more money for G35 toys!!!

Old 09-15-2003, 11:11 PM

If you can get it fixed without having the car painted do it.

There's no sence in painting your car if you don't have to.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 09-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

Funny thing happened to me a couple months ago.
I go to "best buy" in SF for only about 5 minutes to return something. I parked pretty close to an old 5 series BMW. I figured, I'll only be a couple minutes. When I came back, I got "DINGED" on the driver's side rear passenger door! UGH.
Tough lesson learned...park "FAR" away from older cars and big cars. Ended up paying $130.00 "retail" from DENTPRO. He fixed it within 20 minutes. Damn people don't care!

Have "BEST BUY" pay for the damage. The sales guy had good intentions though. I also got a parking ticket this weekend...Was being cheap when I went to the GIANTS game...Pushed my 2 hour limit got fined $35.00...damn it!

GOOD LUCK! =)

'03 Sedan / Navi / Desert Platinum / Delphi Sat / 35% Tint

103993-GYAL8Rtintrear.jpeg

Old 09-16-2003, 10:17 AM

paintless dent removal. i have had a guy doing my cars for years. already had one taken out of my g. these guys do amazing work. one small ding, they cant charge you more than 40. trust me, this works. cheap, painless, and immediate satisfaction.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:26 AM

Sorry to hear what happened. It's not funny but it is only b/c I work PT at a Best Buy. Yeah they don't mean to do it but it does happen occasionally. It's called an accident for a reason, right? Just have Best Buy take care of it, which they will if you b!tch enough. And I'll tell you from experience that you will get some run around (maybe) and you will have to go through some red tape (the amount of approvals that are needed are ridiculous) but for your own benefit PLEASE be civil, cordial, and try to keep your voice down. I will attest to the fact that if some a-hole (not meaning you) comes into Best Buy screaming "MY TV DOESN'T WORK YOU HAVE TO FIX IT AND YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!" I am seriously less inclined to help them. Guys who come in and just act chill but understandably irritated get much MUCH better service from the managers and they are much more inclined to help you to your satisfaction.

Make sure to get the General Managers name and cell number (they do give out their personal cell numbers sometimes).

If they start giving you BS then you should try to contact corporate and get it resolved through them. Best of luck to you and let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:36 PM

**UPDATE**

I got two estimates today at my work (Keyes Woodland Hills Honda). We have a paintless dent removal guy that comes a couple days of the week. I had him take a look at my cay and said that he would have to drill a hold on the inner back of my passenger door sill to get to the dent in the rear quarter panel. Since there is no other way to get to the dent. If it was on the door, then he could easily go through the top of the side windows.

I wasnt too comfortable with the idea of them drilling a hold in my car, so I went to a local body shop that my company uses. They said that they can remove the dent, but would have to repaint the whole right rear quarter panel. The plus side: no drilling.

The price of the dentless removel was $65. The estimate of the bodyshop work was $487. Usually, the regular charge for customers of the same body work is $1000, or so they say. I can vouch for their work, they do a really good job making cars look like new. Up to $500 I am sure Best Buy insurance should cover it. But, a $65 bill would be easy to process than a $487 bill. What should I do?

By the way, when I took some pictures of the dent you can only see in in direct light. And the dent isn't very deep. Just wide. Do you think Best Buy will approve the work for this small of a dent?

Please post your opinions guys.

Thanks a lot.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6M/T
Premium - Navi - Aero - Trunk Mat

Old 09-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Best Buy should return your car to the condition in which it was before their worker dented it. Period. If they need to drill into your car, that's hardly original condition-- have them repaint the damn thing. I wouldn't settle for a second-rate fix that doesn't leave it at or above the level in which I had it before they screwed up. You shouldn't, either.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint