G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.

Hey fellow Xs,

I've noticed more people are beginning to lower their X with z springs, eibach, etc. Would you guys mind posting some updated pictures or existing pictures in this thread and some feedback on the new setup? We "Xs" gotta get together and represent here.

Don't feel left out if your X hasn't been lowered, please post it if you don't mind... My X is not lowered either (at least not yet) but here's mine...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-dsc00049.jpg   Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-dsc00073.jpg  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just lowered my "X". I noticed that the revised Z springs could use better shocks than OEM. This is particularly noticable when you are in a bumpy turn. However, with the car lowered, I find I can do a left-right transition much better. I will try to post some pics of my car tomorrow.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Oggie
I have just lowered my "X". I noticed that the revised Z springs could use better shocks than OEM. This is particularly noticable when you are in a bumpy turn. However, with the car lowered, I find I can do a left-right transition much better. I will try to post some pics of my car tomorrow.
Niceeee...got my first volunteer. Yeah, I want to see pics of revised and unrevised Z springs.

Old 05-27-2006, 06:13 AM
i'll try and get a hold of a digital camera since mine doesnt seem to want to turn on. anyway, i've been riding on s-techs for close to 2 years now but recently put the rear revized z springs to stiffen up the rear. i agree with oggie on the z springs needing shocks but they are definately better than the stock and s-tech rear springs... still waiting for someone to make some aftermarket struts/shocks. if no one makes something by the end of the year, im probably gonna see if i can get a hold of some used front struts and see if i can get them revalved by koni and buy the rear shocks to complete the set... maybe awhile since im trying to refinance my house right now.
i'll try to get some pics up during the weekend.
laterz

Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was seriously considering lowering my 05X with Z springs, but the lack of aftermarket sport shocks for our cars has me in limbo. I feel it is a waste to lower a car and expect the OEM shocks to handle the lower stance. When/if a sport shock becomes avaialble(Tokico please read this!) I will be first in line to lower my car. Until then, I will concentrate on other things to keep me busy. Here is a shot of my 05X.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Whats up RichK,

Yeah, there's still no shocks but there are plenty of rwd G's that are running just springs with OEM shocks also. Just not sure how the OEM shocks will hold up...

Old 05-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's my 04, this pic is over a year old. I got my Eibachs installed last March.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-g35x01.jpg  
Old 05-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by bigwilly
Here's my 04, this pic is over a year old. I got my Eibachs installed last March.
How are the OEM shocks holding up?

Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
No problems so far.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:50 PM
WHATS GOING ON GUYS...I BOUGHT A SET OF '03 350Z SPRINS FOR MY 06X BUT JUST DONT HAVE THE $$$ TO INSTALL THEM. .. IF anyone WANTS THESE BABY's IM WILLING TO SELL THEM FOR A $100 PLUS WHATEVER SHIPPING COSTS...LET ME KNOW>>>LATER

Old 05-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depending on your rim size you can use either coupe springs or Z springs. I was concerned about useing the Z springs because it drops the car lower than the coupe springs which will affect the shocks alot more. I used the 05 coupe sport springs which lowers the car 1 inch which is perfect for twenty inch rims. I'll post some pics soon.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't plan on lowering mine because I drive her in the winter. But here's a couple of shots anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-driverside.jpg   Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-passengerfromrear.jpg   Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.-driverfromfront.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Never changed any of my cars' suspension... ever.

If I were to buy the Eibach kit, what other expenses should I expect?

I'm assuming cost to install springs + an allignment. Stock shocks will wear out faster, but that's ok.

Anything else? Seems fairly inexpensive.

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by shredX
Never changed any of my cars' suspension... ever.

If I were to buy the Eibach kit, what other expenses should I expect?

I'm assuming cost to install springs + an allignment. Stock shocks will wear out faster, but that's ok.

Anything else? Seems fairly inexpensive.

Thanks!
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Shocks might go out faster but then the car looks "cooler" at least for a few years until you replace it back with the stock shocks.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Gary, I am just wondering what color dots you have on your 03 Front and Rear springs?

Originally Posted by Garyv01
WHATS GOING ON GUYS...I BOUGHT A SET OF '03 350Z SPRINS FOR MY 06X BUT JUST DONT HAVE THE $$$ TO INSTALL THEM. .. IF anyone WANTS THESE BABY's IM WILLING TO SELL THEM FOR A $100 PLUS WHATEVER SHIPPING COSTS...LET ME KNOW>>>LATER

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "Xs" with lowered suspension.