G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Operation: ZOOM by BMWs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Operation: ZOOM by BMWs!

Am I the only one doing this? nah can't be...
Whenever I see a BMW 3 or 5 series or even an Acura TL, I take great pleasure in passing them with authority. In my mind i am saying to them, check out the power and handling of this baby. (Make them envious or wonder...) I am certain these drivers wonder "what the hell wuz dat!" because there is no car like the G35 and the rear taillights are so unique and distinctive.

Any other guilty parties? Well there were a few times I pulled next to some Beemers that were driven by women I just tried to look cool but I did not floor it. Often they are curious and wonder what type of car is that? Alot more women are car conscious, so it seems.

I feel better now, I got that off my chest...whew...

DKnibb = "Feelin alive driving my G35!"

Old 01-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Re: Operation: ZOOM by BMWs!

Hmm, you must have talented BMW drivers where you live. All the Beemer/Benz/Lexus drivers out here wouldn't notice another car if it cut 'em off and slammed on their brakes. I drove next to a 5 series for a mile and half and he never looked over. I eventually zipped passed him (love 3rd gear) but most drivers are oblivious.

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
'03 Emerald Mist
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 01-09-2003, 09:48 PM

You know people who drive American V8 sports cars that can blow the doors off a G35 call that procedure "Ricer-fly-by"...kinda like poking a really big dog with a stick...when he's behind a fence.

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

Old 01-10-2003, 12:22 PM

Maybe so.. but Im guilty..

..pestilence..

Old 01-10-2003, 04:10 PM

You gotta be kidding me...that doesn't say "check out the power and handling of this baby," it says "I'm an obnoxious and probably dangerous driver."

I'm one of those BMW owners, and while I really admire the G35, passing me "with authority" isn't going to impress me, it'll make me think you're an idiot.

I'd like to see you pass me "with authority" on a road course. ;-)

Old 01-10-2003, 04:24 PM

Basiclly the "issue" with the locatoin in which I live in is that everyone... _everyone_ owns a BMW... and not the awesome 5/7 series or the M series ones... it seems like 50% of the people around here drive the 3 series BMWs... and they think its *the [censored]*.

So in this case.. " passing with authority" is okay.... right?

..pestilence..

Old 01-10-2003, 10:59 PM

Oh man, have you seen the new 7 series? I would not mind having one of those pass me by. Beautiful car but expensive. The old 8 series was an awesome car too.

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 01-13-2003, 10:02 AM

cakennedy,
Respectfully speaking I too am a BMW owner. I bought my wife an X5 last year, which we love. I just verbalized a thought, maybe an immature thought "outloud."
Your post made me think hmm, maybe I should rethink this. I am not a dangerous driver, nor do I wish to be looked upon as an idiot. Your post has made rethink my actions (passing with authority.) Rather than speed by a BMW, perhaps just drive by and with look of cool confidence. ; )

I enjoy driving and love the thrill of acceleration but under the right circumstances. I am sure you enjoy driving as well, thats why you have a BMW.

Finally, what kind of Beemer do you have? Maybe our paths shall cross. Oh, by the way the Minicooper does not count...(smile )

Dknibb = G35 Emerald mist/ sport/ aero/
X5 3.0 Beige / fully loaded

Old 01-13-2003, 11:35 AM

He he...I was a little rough in my post. My apologies if I came off a little surly; I'm still miffed about those overpriced BMW options packages. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Have you taken your G35 on a track yet? I bet that's where they really shine. I do about 15 days a year in local track days and driving schools. No racing yet, but I'm looking around for an E30 325is for a dedicated race/track car.

The SCCA, NASA, BMWCCA and PCA all have driving schools and open track days almost everywhere in the country. Cars like a G35 and a 330 are fun on the street, but really come into their element on a racetrack.

PS - I've got a ton of free track time with some local (Phoenix) racing organizations; if anyone in AZ wants to drive PIR or Firebird for free, let me know.

Old 01-14-2003, 10:24 AM

cakennedy, no problem, no offense, You made a valid point. As for taking the car to the track, nah my enjoyment is the open road and weekend trips on cop-free highways.

Yeah BMW may charge alot for their cars but I for one feel they are worth it.

For example I have halogens on the X5, and on the G35. The BMW's headlights are far superior. I wont' get into the particulars in the post but the X5 is a dream to drive.

Sounds like you have a 330i, THATS a nice machine.
All the best...
Dknibb

Old 05-14-2003, 06:40 PM

do you still have track time left? I live in Phx, I just bought a G35 sedan last month. I would love to try it on a track.

Old 05-15-2003, 02:28 PM

It is not only BMW drivers who are oblivious. Out here in Lamorinda/Walnut Creek I have had only one G35 driver acknowledge me after I flashed my lights. Most other G35 drivers have no response when I wave to them or flash my lights. They don't even turn their heads to look.

On the other hand when I am riding my bicycle almost every cyclist waves. Great fellowship.

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 05-15-2003, 03:46 PM

LOL, that is the truth. I used to have Wrangler. Everyone! waves to you who passes by in a Jeep. It was great.

It is interesting to see what BMW owners are saying about the G. Go to Google and type BMW Forum G35 and see ;-)

If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Old 05-16-2003, 10:48 AM

Grow up guys,

BMW or MB drivers are just like anyone else. They think they have the best car in town. We're guilty of the same.

I bought my G35 because I just like its look. And I do pretend to ignore BMWs and MBs as they passed me.

Love my G

Old 05-16-2003, 11:05 AM

hilarious...people do this to me all the time---

people "ZOOM" by me all the time when im driving my m coupe...somehow passing me on the freeway while im using cruise control makes them think their car is faster.

you ever notice its always the 6cyl mustang and camaro drivers that speed the most and drive like idiots? definitely compensating for something (or lack thereof)

that said...g35 6mt will make a great daily driver for my fiancee--good power and value

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Operation: ZOOM by BMWs!