G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

15K mile service - Go to dealer or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ballerina
Thanks for your input everyone. Appreciate it.

I took the car to the mechanic I used to use before. They are very good. They told me that it will take almost 2 hours to replace the cabin air filter. So, total they were going to bill me for 3.5 hours, at $85 per hour, which was going to come out to $295. I just took the car to the dealer, b'coz he quoted 330, which is only $40 more.

They replaced the breaks. 17k miles and they replace the breaks. I hate it when they replace stuff like that without asking me first. The service advisor said the breaks are worn, infinity cars need them replace every 3k miles. If he called me before changing them, I would told him that I will get them replaced at 20k miles, which will be like 4 months from now. I haven't heard of cars that need breaks replaced this frequently!

LOL!! It takes me about 10 minutes to replace my in-cabin air filter (mainly because I have taken my dash apart so many times for my stereo), but it should NOT take 2 hours. They are full of it. AND our cars are INFINITI's, NOT INFINITY's. Oh, and they are BRAKES, not BREAKS. I sure hope they don't breaks...

Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khsonic03
LOL!! It takes me about 10 minutes to replace my in-cabin air filter (mainly because I have taken my dash apart so many times for my stereo), but it should NOT take 2 hours. They are full of it. AND our cars are INFINITI's, NOT INFINITY's. Oh, and they are BRAKES, not BREAKS. I sure hope they don't breaks...

Damn! I am embarassed. Thanks for correcting, teacher :-)

Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Does anyone have a definitive list of exactly what is done at the 15K mile service?

NonAme: What else is on your list!!!???!!!

What I have seen listed so far is:
Rotate and balance tires
Replace air filter
Replace cabin air filter
Oil change
Inspect belts, fluids, brakes.

Is there anything else? Please help! And many thanks you guys!

Adrian

Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
So I checked out Gainesville Nissan (no infiniti dealers here) 15K mile service... $119+ tax... additional for synthetic

Adrian

Old 06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
$200.00 here at my dealership in Alaska.

Anything more, is a little bit fishy.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have in front of me the mailer that my local Infiniti dealership sent out with services and prices.

15K service: $319.99 with the attached coupon.

Mircofilter for the cabin: $89.99 installed with the coupon.

Brake service: $169.99 (coupon) which includes new front pads and resurfacing on front rotors.

Note: here in the Tucson area we have only one Infiniti dealership (also one BMW, M-B, Lexus , Audi, Jaguar ), so in order to get below sticker price for my G had to go to PHX where there are multiple dealerships. I am sure that the 15K service at Midway Infiniti in north PHX would be cheaper because of competition in the area.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It's funny how some folks here want to buy an expensive car, but don't want to pay to get the maintenance done, which oh by the way is recommended by the manufacturers. Hey guy what's your car worth to you? Make your decision based on the answer to that question.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
It's funny how some folks here want to buy an expensive car, but don't want to pay to get the maintenance done, which oh by the way is recommended by the manufacturers. Hey guy what's your car worth to you? Make your decision based on the answer to that question.
Not like we don't want to pay for maintenance....just don't want to waste $$ on something that you can do yourself & save....there's lots of dyi that you can do and no way to *** things up...just my 0.2c

Old 06-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
There is a big difference in just blindly giving the car to the dealer and bending down w/ even some J-matic vs understanding what is involved, doing alot of the things DIY and flat out eliminating some of the ridiculas "inspection" procedures.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
like people have said, there's a difference between good quality and overpriced. if you want to throw away your money, feel free.

as for the 15k service, dont bother. the main things are the oil change, air filter and in-cabin filter. if you have a sedan, you can also look into getting your tires rotated. i would wait until the 30k service and then two things you want to get done are your transmission and differential fluid.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
check www.alldatadiy.com it is fee based subscription but could be cheaper than buying the shop manuals and/or blindly paying the dealer to do all the scheduled service.

If I remember correctly there are three different service schedules. Each schedule is based on the ammount of use or extreme to which you drive. So the amount you pay for the scheduled service could vary.

Plus something I found out is that dealers can artistic liberties with these schedules and add or delete services. At least this was my experience with a local Nissan dealer that we take my wifes Altima to. What they offered for different intervals often deviated fromt he owners manual and maint guide listed at the nissan website.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
Dude, I just paid $120 today at Pearson Infiniti in Richmond, VA for the 15K service. I replaced the cabin filter myself so that saved me around $100. I actually bought my G from Passport.
Dude looks like a lady....Ballerina?

Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Foo_G
check www.alldatadiy.com it is fee based subscription but could be cheaper than buying the shop manuals and/or blindly paying the dealer to do all the scheduled service.

If I remember correctly there are three different service schedules. Each schedule is based on the ammount of use or extreme to which you drive. So the amount you pay for the scheduled service could vary.

Plus something I found out is that dealers can artistic liberties with these schedules and add or delete services. At least this was my experience with a local Nissan dealer that we take my wifes Altima to. What they offered for different intervals often deviated fromt he owners manual and maint guide listed at the nissan website.

A lot of dealers try to sell crap like inyector cleaners, fuel tank cleaner, and other XXX cleaners they can come up with when you take the car for schedule service (happens at Nissan and Toyota dealers). They also have the audacity to charge like 40 bucks for each service when you can do the same by buying those cleaners at Walmart for like 10 bucks each.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I paid $300 at Inskip Infiniti (Rhode Island) for the 15k service. Three hours later and my car was good to go. It was worth it for me, let them do the dirty work. I also had them replace my defective cupholder, so all in all it was a successful day!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My car has 11k miles so far but I've had the car for 1.5 years since I don't drive that much. Do you guys do the maintenance based on time or miles?

As for the 15k miles, I am reading from the booklet, what about "replace fuel filter where applicable" and "install fuel injection cleaner"? Do you guys do that?

Like some of you on the forum here, I would do some of the maintenance myself to save money. For me, I have cai, so no filter for me. I've replaced my wiper, replaced cabin filter, will do my own tire rotation, top off all fluids? haha...YEAH I CAN DO THAT MYSELF...and some minor inspections here and there.

I'll just have them do the oil change with some minor stuffs.

Also, the recommended oil change is every 3 months or 3,750 miles. I usually drive under 2,000 miles every 3 months so I am planning to do oil changes every 4 months now (which should be more close to 3,000 miles). Is that a bad idea?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 15K mile service - Go to dealer or not