G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any X owners installed aftermarket sway bars and lower tie bars? I'm in the market and I've decided to get a front strut tower brace (Circuit Sports) and I've also come across set of front and rear lower tie bars (Circuit Sport) at a great price.

Any reviews from X owners who have installed any/or all of the above (including the strut tower brace).

Can the X use aftermarket sway bars up front and the rear? I know Hotchkis makes a set, but I'm not sure it fits the X.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
From what I have read, the rear we can do but the front, its bend different. Have you seen our front sway, its a beefy ****. LOL. I was thinking maybe a rear sway and just replace the bushing up front. That might help alittle.

As for the front strut tower brace. Killerlexus has one from Rentless Auto (sp) and he likes it. The lower ones not sure about those.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks E! The car handles fine, just wanted to know if anyone else with an X installed any additional suspension components in addition to the Front Strut Brace. I may just do the strut brace with the F & R lower tie bars.

P.S. thank you for the clarification regarding the pics of the VRT arm.

Last edited by qbturbo; 10-19-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qbturbo
Thanks E! The car handles fine, just wanted to know if anyone else with an X installed any additional suspension components in addition to the Front Strut Brace. I may just do the strut brace with the F & R lower tie bars.

P.S. thank you for the clarification regarding the pics of the VRT arm.
To my knowledge, there is no front tie bar for the X model - only the rears will fit. There was a thread about this where someone with an X bought the front and rears and only the rear fitted. Like lumpa stated, the OEM bar on the X is one beefy bar already. I spoke to someone who had the rear sway bar in and he said that it didn't make a difference and told me not to waste my money. Therefore, I left everything stock and just bought the strut bar.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks RXM, you just saved me some $$$, I'll just get the strut bar.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
are RWD and X shocks and struts the same or would it upgrade the X handeling to put in RWD G shocks and struts in a G35X ? Either way will be coupled with revised z springs in the X.

thanks

Old 10-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you find a front sway that fits an X, let me know. I've got a rear sway on my 04x but.... uh, anyone with a RWD or 2 door want to buy a stillen front sway bar? In other words, I bought the set and found out the hard way...

I'm also finding out the rear struts are common between the RWD and AWD, but the fronts are a different story. I haven't found/been told a decent solution other than running lower springs, koni or dspec rear struts and the options for the front are either to go stock, get so-so revalved koni's or....????

are there coilovers for the X, anyone?

Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
From what I have read, the rear we can do but the front, its bend different. Have you seen our front sway, its a beefy ****. LOL. I was thinking maybe a rear sway and just replace the bushing up front. That might help alittle.

As for the front strut tower brace. Killerlexus has one from Rentless Auto (sp) and he likes it. The lower ones not sure about those.

I ended w/ the cusco cos you can just buy the rears...not sure about the other sways. I sent out my front sway to refabricate at Saner Performance but they went outta business w/ my bar and never heard from them or my stock bar Yes the fronts are heavy...I believe most fronts are cos thats where most of the lean/weight is. Dont think there's anybody that does it.

I have the STB from Wa2good@RA (bought from him when he was w/ VRT) and it does help .

Old 10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
You might want to get a strut bar to help reduce the body roll. The richie front strong bar is something a lot of people have purchased. I bought one for myself and my sister's car and they help reduce body roll greatly and actually help absorb irregularities in the road a lot better.
Thanks for the info!

Can you please post a link for info and buying info for these parts?
Thanks.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TT C6
Thanks for the info!

Can you please post a link for info and buying info for these parts?
Thanks.
Here ya go: https://g35driver.com/forums/suspension-vendor/163289-its-back-richie-front-strut-bar-v-2-group-buy.html

Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well my camera is shot. here are some pictures to get a taste for it. i'll get the good camera from my girl 2day and retake pictures and post.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Humm they look alot different than the pic they advertise. As you can see the front strut still has the stem on it. Not sure how those arms differ from ours.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
they do fit. had no clearence problems. the arm screws in from the bottom of the shockbody. the arms are threaded. now u spin it to where the the clamp for the hoses is. and yup thats it. that is what supports the arms from moving, that and the weight of the car. and thats what pretty much scares me. had them on for about 2 weeks and took them off.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
about time we get some pics. of this thing... are u planning on putting it back or getting rid of it????

Old 10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
2004 G35x w/ Eibach Sportlines, DSpecs on the rear, stock front struts (for now)

Here's an update on my 2004 G35x lowering job - I had Eibach sportlines put on each corner, DSpecs on the rear and I'm still running the stock struts in the front. I also have SPC rear camber adjusters installed. Here are some before and after pics, plus a picture of the stock front strut w/ the Eibach spring...

The wheels are Kazera 18"x8.5", 38mm offset w/ Goodyear Eagle F1s. I have a Stillen front strut tower bar + a Stillen rear sway bar on it too.

I'll let it settle for a week or two and then I'll get it aligned. The front still has a little camber to it, but we'll see how close it'll get to 0 when I get it aligned.

BEFORE

AFTER

Shot of the stock strut with the Eibach spring on it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!