G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, thank you. Are those 18 inch coupe rims?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Dammit, I want to make sure them front has less gap than the front. I hate how my car looks like it is launching down a track while its sittng still. Your drop looks good, but I want a little lower. I wonder if unrevised 350z will go that much lower. Max size rims will be 18s, most likely 17s.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:41 PM
H&R sport springs...

The wheels were an ebay find...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Last edited by mcraerc; 12-31-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Cant get the image to display... How can I embed images from picasa?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
04 G35x

What's up guys, new to the forum, originally from G35nyc.
I've been debating whether to drop my X, definitely buying some 19's, should get them in the spring. Don't want to lose comfort due to the fact that my 3yo daughter rides in the car with me. After reading all the post here, still not sure which springs will be the most suitable for my ride.

What's up with the custom springs that are suppose to come in the spring? Is this a definite or it's just talk? And if they are coming out, will they be affordable? Definitely want less than a 2" drop, (maybe 1" to 1.25") I think more than 2" will just cause too many problems. Also tire size recommendations will be welcomed. Thanx in advance for any replies!!

(04 G35x IP, oem clear corners (hyper white leds), drop in K&N filter.
Future mods- aero kit, cold air take, 19" wheels, lowering springs, hks exhaust.)

Originally Posted by KrazyEd
I have decided to make a thread dedicated to "X's" that are lowered since many people are having the same questions as to which lowering springs they could use on their "X", the ride quality after lowering, etc.

Please post pics of your ride. If possible before and after.

Please include in your post:
1- Type of lowering springs you have.
2- How much the springs have lowered your sedan.
3- The ride quality.
4- Any problems that you are having.
5- How many miles you have on the springs.
6- How your shocks/struts are holding up.
7- Wheel size/offset/tire size

Ok. I have gotten a few PM's where members feel that they should be able to discuss things in this thread. So since most people feel like this, this thread is now open for discussion.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome albert3029, i am also on g35nyc.com. I also have an 04g35X and i have been searching for the best drop that will give me the asthetics, yet maintain stock or better than stock comfort. After all my research (2 months now), the consensus on drop, kinda seem to be a conbination of personal choice and minimal stock suspension decay. A combiantion of springs that could equal stock spring rates and less than a 1" drop looks to be the best for minimal expense. I am still going back and forth on the issue myself and there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer other than, try your self and see how it feels and see if you like the amount it drops your ride. I have 37S and G35 coupe springs waiting to be mounted with M45 wheels. Once i get them on I'l try them each out for a about a month or so and see. I am also going to do the classic 350Z/G35 coupe rear combination to see how that works for me. As for tires I currenlty shoping for 245/40/19's. I think these are a good choice for a decent profile, ride comfort and protection from those New York potholes. But I warn you 19's tires are pricey.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Update about the megan coilover, nothing has been done nor started. So I asked them to send me my stuff back. Is been since sept and nothing has been done. Sorry I will just move onto a different company. I might actually go with truechoice.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^^ that sux ***. They basically diked u over for all that time.

I think Ima need new fronts soon, I feel everything on the road hurts me n the car lol

Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
make sure you show some pics of the prokit setup, i have one sitting to throw on in the spring or on a warm day, i just have to order a camber kit... do i need to be running at least 19s then?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
Update about the megan coilover, nothing has been done nor started. So I asked them to send me my stuff back. Is been since sept and nothing has been done. Sorry I will just move onto a different company. I might actually go with truechoice.
Anything the Megan would have done would have come from BcRacing at the request of Megan. So it's a case of one or both companies not finding the time or interest to move foreward. And what Megan get's from them is Bc's entery level product vs using something one or two grades up the BcRacing product line.

I might be able to offer you a plan B choice that isn't from Truechoice or Koni based. It would be Bilstein based. It would be from the same shop that is revavling my Bilstein Pss9 coilovers, FatCat Motorsports. Bilstein H.D's could be the most basic core choice. Could also be based on Pss or Pss10 coilovers. What would need to happen at the very least is for a oem X shock and lower mount be sent to them. That way, he'd be able to see how things need to be modified on in the front. What I don't know is if he has 350Z Bilstein H.D's on hand or not.

From experience, don't try to email him, try and contact him on the phone, ONLY. I have never mentioned the X and what makes it different, so you'll have to explain that part to him. I would ask him about having the 350Z H.D. shocks on hand or not, that would help in my book.
http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/contact.htm

Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's up fellas, was going through most of these pages here, it's like reading a freaking novel or something!
Anyway, so what's the over all opinion on which springs are the most comfortable with a decent drop? Seems like it's between H&R and eibach pro kit. Was looking at some ads for the H&R's but it says not for AWD, what's up with that? I guess they are just protecting themselves.
Was really thinking about getting 19's but now i'm debating whether to get 18's instead, to make sure my ride quality doesn't suffer once dropped. Never thought this decision would be so difficult!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
does anyone know what the spring rate is on the G37 coupe springs? I think they may be the same as the G35 coupe springs but i am not sure.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
came back from Vt. was at the Dew Tour @ Mt.Snow. Was a littled worried cause they where pretty much getting dumped on everyday. well like to say the car handled as i hoped she would, and with my 19's on. i must say the Pilot Sport All Seasons where well worth it. tires performed great.

Last edited by apintojr; 05-14-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow. Nice shot. Is it the angle of the car, because its looks like you are running staggered. I forgot what you are dropped on too.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
what model is that thule?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by apintojr
came back from Vt. was at the Dew Tour @ Mt.Snow. Was a littled worried cause they where pretty much getting dumped on everyday. well like to say the car handled as i hoped she would, and with my 19's on. i must say the Pilot Sport All Seasons where well worth it. tires performed great.
Nice shot! I have stock 17's but I also just put PS All seasons on as well. They work well...I went skiing in central OR close to new years, and worked well on the ice and snow up there, and also in the heavy rain on the way back. Didn't notice much slip, but I was driving it like I drove my 2wd vehicles in the snow/ice so i'm sure that helped. Passing anyone that I wanted.

I did have to go on dirt roads to get to a cabin, and I was glad I wasn't lowered. The snow had melted on the road except for the middle part, so the bottom of the car was scraping on the snow/ice. It would have been much worse if I was lowered. That experience has given me 2nd thoughts about lowering this car...I think the height of this thing actually serves a purpose for the types of driving I intend to do (snow/ice for skiing, dirt roads for cabins/mt biking, etc).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!