G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Friday was a sad day. I got rid of the X. My new ride is a 2009 VW GTI 6-speed.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
f-it I order me Eibach prokit. advertising 1.1 drop rear and front, but since im X it's probbly gonna be btwn 1.5-2 inches it should be fine with g37 19s

Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KrazyEd
Well Friday was a sad day. I got rid of the X. My new ride is a 2009 VW GTI 6-speed.
Nice move....i should be next in the next couple weeks....M POWA for the WIN.....Coming soon.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the tanabe rear sway bar fit the x?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
^Yes it does. I just got a brand new Progress rear 22mm sway with 3 holes for half price ($80), I slapped it on this weekend on hard. Barely notice any difference though, not sure why cuz it's a solid and stiff bar. Much heavier and stronger than the rear sport sway.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
hmm. kazaam, with your h&r drop, how are the pirelli's? they pretty quiet? 35 series or 40

Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
245-40-19's series, lovely ride, quiet as hell.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM
hey yo!!!! Lumpia whazz good with them coilovers.......trying to see whazzup before i get rid of my G......hehhe maybe i keep it if its for sure or if we get to see a prototype....

Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureGDriver
hey yo!!!! Lumpia whazz good with them coilovers.......trying to see whazzup before i get rid of my G......hehhe maybe i keep it if its for sure or if we get to see a prototype....

sell the car... coilovers shouldn't be a make or break decesion when it comes to cars. if you wanted them that bad shell out $3000 and have a shop CUSTOM make one for you, or run what kazaam did for about 1500$

i dont see why having coilovers as a option would effect you keeping or selling a car.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
sell the car... coilovers shouldn't be a make or break decesion when it comes to cars. if you wanted them that bad shell out $3000 and have a shop CUSTOM make one for you, or run what kazaam did for about 1500$

i dont see why having coilovers as a option would effect you keeping or selling a car.
#1 cuzz i woulda keep my car as a project and buy some true coilovers from the company Lumpia is working with and still buy my M but bump it this cars aint worth anything anymore... u can get one here in MAss for 10K-15 for 04-06 and 8k-9K for 03.

#2 I asked the question to Lumpia and not U.

#3 why pay $1500 for shocks when u cant still slam ur car and I did offer H&R, Koni, Tanabe and Eibach up to $2500 for some custom coils but they said is alot of R&D.

Last edited by FutureGDriver; 12-15-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI: Hey guys, I don't know if anyone with an X has installed the SPC front AND rear camber kits, so here's my experience.

SPC Front A-Arms installed (revised kit)
SPC Rear Camber arms installed

2004 G35X
Lowered on H & R (RWD) Sedan Springs
with 19x8.5 rims all around (40 offset)
245/40 Toyo Tires

Before Camber Kit
Front Camber was -2.1
Rear Camber was -2.3

After Camber Kit
Front Camber -.06
Rear Camber -1.8

The reason the rear camber was only half a degree more positive is because my installer did not want to elongate the toe bolt hole, so we left it as is and made the most of the SPC camber arm and toe adjustability (stock). I can live with this since I rotate wheels every 5K miles. The tires have about 20K miles on them now with lots of camber wear (inner), trying to stretch them to 25K, wish me luck, lol.

Hope this helps anyone who wants to or was considering the camber kit. I've had it on now for about 500 miles, no noise, problems, etc.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Here is some news. The first company I tried with is not going to happen. The second company that I am working with is Megan. I sent some of my stock stuff to them and there is no update. I am going to wait until the first of the year and if they still dont have a update, I am going to get my stuff back. They had it since sept.

But here is some good news. I called K-sport to see if they would make some and they told me they already had some made, but when I asked them if they knew the difference this is email I got.

yes, they have the half moon shaped lower arm, i talked to the engineer and we should have them within a week, i thought they were done, but not yet.

Here is my problem. I contacted them to get some info on them and to see if they have a demo car. They told me yes they do have a demo and will email me the specs and price. But I have not received an email. The guy that email me the first time wont return my call or even answer them. To me that is poor service to a potential client.

But I will try my hardest to get you guys more info and I will contact Megan again soon.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
Here is some news. The first company I tried with is not going to happen. The second company that I am working with is Megan. I sent some of my stock stuff to them and there is no update. I am going to wait until the first of the year and if they still dont have a update, I am going to get my stuff back. They had it since sept.

But here is some good news. I called K-sport to see if they would make some and they told me they already had some made, but when I asked them if they knew the difference this is email I got.

yes, they have the half moon shaped lower arm, i talked to the engineer and we should have them within a week, i thought they were done, but not yet.

Here is my problem. I contacted them to get some info on them and to see if they have a demo car. They told me yes they do have a demo and will email me the specs and price. But I have not received an email. The guy that email me the first time wont return my call or even answer them. To me that is poor service to a potential client.

But I will try my hardest to get you guys more info and I will contact Megan again soon.

Hey,, we X's appreaciate the effort u doing for us.........so far so good.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:19 PM
where can I find NON oem sway bar bushings? or what else do I need to replace the rear sway bar on my 2006 g35x?I am very close to getting the whole thing done at one time. I have 67K on the car, which I bought new and I have waiting to install:

1. Extra set of OEM g35x sedan fronts (thx again Kazaam )
2. SPC camber kits (front and rear)
3. Strut tower bar from Richie v.2 (thx again)
4. H&R yellow (q: will I use these <h&r springs> with the true choice koni racing custom build? or will they make their own springs to match the shock/cylinder custom build? If not used, I'll have the set for sale here
5. Rays LMGT4 19" staggered wheels NISMO Branded with Nitto NeoGen's <---might have to sell whole set with brand new Nitto NeoGen's.
Will my car drop clean with the wider rear wheels/tires? Already, I had to shave a little off the inside rear fenders to prevent "bump" rubbing on fully loaded car rides and big dips... Will my camber kit and true choice solve all my problems? or will it rub worse? Do I need to have my fenders widened? Do I need to get the spacer kit for the rear OR front? I need some good old input here. Post any links to any of this so it is easier to find the information please

which rear sway bar to get? progress, tanabe, stillen or who else?

Last edited by gt350x; 12-18-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: almost forgot to ask....
Old 12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!