G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah, bottom out alot. That is why I raised it back up that day. Just did it for some pics. But we are going to do a photoshoot this Friday so it might go back down for that.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kazaam35x
FINALLY!!!!!!
Got my custom built front KONI shocks back. Now I just gotta find a damn installer. They definitely send you back a BRAND NEW shock!! I sent it to truchoice KONI racing in Ohio, they took 4days to do the job when they finall started because hurricane IKE tore that whole area up. At one point I was calling for a few days in a row, and thought they had taken my shocks and folded lol. Very satisfied so far, can't wait to install them and feel the handling. The front comes with an adjuster I still have to figure out how the rear get's adjusted. Here are some pics. By the way for some that didn't know from earlier in thread, I bought a pair of front shocks with 18k miles on them, swapped out my blown fronts, and sent those out to KONI. They rebuilt and repainted them, wish they had painted them yellow as well. I bought the rear pair a few weeks back.
Do you know if they replaced the shock internal with a strut cartridge on the front? If so, do you know or can you find out what koni part did they use?

Here is some suggestions I got from a Koni's sale person:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can check out www.koniracing.com/8611.cfm they have the shocks listed by length. You would want to look at the 8610 & 8611 race inserts.

Thanks

Last edited by ekwc; 10-08-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
Yes I have those coilover kit. Yes it looks cheaply made, but I have the rears on and they are not that bad. The ride is nice and they help lower my car down. The fronts dont fit due to a thing on the strut keeping the sleeve from going on.
Here are some pics of my car lowered, I guess slammed as you could say.

Dante I would just keep the H&R it gives the car a great stance, and I am sure with those shocks/struts it going to give a great ride.
Ernie that looks SWWWEEEEETTT man!! I'm never giving up my H&R's man, no matter who comes out with what. Definitely not for some ebay tri-colored coilovers LOL... Yours is SSSLLLAAAAMMMMEEEED bro, Nice. No big girls for you lol

Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by ekwc
Do you know if they replaced the shock internal with a strut cartridge on the front? If so, do you know or can you find out what koni part did they use?

Here is some suggestions I got from a Koni's sale person:
You can check out www.koniracing.com/8611.cfm they have the shocks listed by length. You would want to look at the 8610 & 8611 race inserts.

Thanks
I had my buddy look at my stock struts and he said the diameter of the stock is too small for the inserts. But if I were you, I would get someone to check that out and then have them look at the chart. Who knows my buddy could be wrong.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just by looking at your picture, the diameter of the strut should be >1.71" (unless you got very small hands, j/k). So the koni insert should fit inside of it according to the strut-insert dimensions listed on the Koni website: http://www.koniracing.com/8611.cfm

Part Number Stroke Max L Min L A D
8611-1256 Race 5.47" 20.47" 15.00" 12.24" 1.79"
8611-1257 Race 5.63" 19.69" 14.06" 11.42" 1.71"
8611-1258 Race 6.22" 24.21" 17.99" 15.39" 1.71"
8611-1259 Race 6.02" 21.26" 15.24" 13.07" 1.71"
8611-1262 Race 6.02" 21.26" 15.24" 13.07" 1.71"

Part Number Stroke Max L Min L A D
8610-1436 Race 5.63" 19.69" 14.06" 11.42" 1.71"
8610-1437 Race 6.02" 21.26" 15.24" 13.07" 1.71"

Please fill me in.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Well yeah I do have some small hands, but I am trying to remember what he said the diameter is. I think he said it was 1.5 but I will double check. I might have to take it down to him and take pics of it.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I just called and talked truechoice. They said the insert did not fit that is why they had to do a custom wet kit.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that the Tein H-techs gives the front a drop of 1.4 inches on the X.

To those of you who have Tein H-Techs installed, have you noticed any camber issues??

Someone told me that if the car is dropped more then an inch that a camber kit would have to be installed as well. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I think that was a type-o or some other mis-interpretation of the letter x there. You know it's too good to be true... Where can I find a wrecked 05-06 x sedan? I need some fronts anyone? If someone has a different everyday driver car, and is willing to send me their fronts, and I would send them out to get done @ koni; as soon as I get them back, I will send my oem ones to you It's a longshot, but a way for us x'ers to get the coilovers without having too much downtime....

Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Installed all four Koni Yellows today and all I can say is ""hhhhhoooollllyyyyy sssshhhhheeeiiiiiit" lol.. Never thought my G would ride this sweet and tight, and I never imagined shocks to make that much of an impact on a suspension. My OEM shocks are in perfect condition, but they just cant handle the slam from the H&R's. Cornering is unreal, I was taking exit ramp after exit ramp for no reason LOL, speed bumps are breakfast now etc...etc.. All in all, coming from a stingy & tight dude, this mod was worth every penny.

I just called and talked truechoice. They said the insert did not fit that is why they had to do a custom wet kit.
Yeah Ernie, glad you talked to Phil. The inserts are different, my pair was a complete custom job, awesome end product. Adjustability is really nice. Thanks for walking me through how to adjust the rears without wheels coming off the car, that hanger is staying in m trunk lol. Fronts might be a bit hard to adjust because of my richie V2 strut bar but oh well.

Originally Posted by gt350x
I think that was a type-o or some other mis-interpretation of the letter x there. You know it's too good to be true... Where can I find a wrecked 05-06 x sedan? I need some fronts anyone? If someone has a different everyday driver car, and is willing to send me their fronts, and I would send them out to get done @ koni; as soon as I get them back, I will send my oem ones to you It's a longshot, but a way for us x'ers to get the coilovers without having too much downtime....
I have my front pair forsale if anyone is interested, they're in perfect condition even if you wanted to send it out to Koni{{SOLD!!}}. What I did was I bought a pair from a member on here who had a wrecked X with 18k miles on it (saw text pic of odo), swapped them out temporarily with my almost blown front pair and sent the bad pair to Koni for build. I'm selling the pair for $170 plus shipping and that is absolutely firm!!! It took me months to find a pair, and you almost need a bank loan to buy at the dealership.

Thinking about selling my set of M45 wheels as well. Haven't decided on price yet but we'll see.https://g35driver.com/forums/nationa...ml#post3521340

Last edited by Kazaam; 10-14-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Installed all four Koni Yellows today and all I can say is ""hhhhhoooollllyyyyy sssshhhhheeeiiiiiit" lol.. Never thought my G would ride this sweet and tight, and I never imagined shocks to make that much of an impact on a suspension. My OEM shocks are in perfect condition, but they just cant handle the slam from the H&R's. Cornering is unreal, I was taking exit ramp after exit ramp for no reason LOL, speed bumps are breakfast now etc...etc.. All in all, coming from a stingy & tight dude, this mod was worth every penny.

Kazaam, curious if it was Gordon you dealt with. and if it was can you give me his email. i lost my original emails why i got this done. one of my re-worked shocks blew, i want to talk him on a quote to get it fixed.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
FINALLY!!!!!!
Got my custom built front KONI shocks back. Now I just gotta find a damn installer. They definitely send you back a BRAND NEW shock!! I sent it to truchoice KONI racing in Ohio, they took 4days to do the job when they finall started because hurricane IKE tore that whole area up. At one point I was calling for a few days in a row, and thought they had taken my shocks and folded lol. Very satisfied so far, can't wait to install them and feel the handling. The front comes with an adjuster I still have to figure out how the rear get's adjusted. Here are some pics. By the way for some that didn't know from earlier in thread, I bought a pair of front shocks with 18k miles on them, swapped out my blown fronts, and sent those out to KONI. They rebuilt and repainted them, wish they had painted them yellow as well. I bought the rear pair a few weeks back.

wow, it looks liek they do a much better job then they originally did for me. they painted my stock shocks yellow, and i didnt have that nice twisy **** to adjust damp. i need a flat head to adjust mines.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by apintojr
Kazaam, curious if it was Gordon you dealt with. and if it was can you give me his email. i lost my original emails why i got this done. one of my re-worked shocks blew, i want to talk him on a quote to get it fixed.
Nah it was Phil Harris, an awesome australian guy. He worked really hard at getting my shocks done superfast even though they had just gotten ravaged by hurricane ike and were out of power for 5 days str8. The number is 1-888-566-4722. Phil at first sounds like a grumpy old australian dude, but he lightens up pretty quick. I also talked to a guy named Paul from KONI usa (not far from TruChoice) who told me that Truechoice is their best authorized dealer around, and their builds have a much better turn around time (2wks vs 6wks from koni themselves.). Here's their site http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices.com/

Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by apintojr
wow, it looks liek they do a much better job then they originally did for me. they painted my stock shocks yellow, and i didnt have that nice twisy **** to adjust damp. i need a flat head to adjust mines.
I wish they would have painted mine yellow, but oh well no big deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!