G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

RacingBrake BBK Installed *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by codeflux
will the doughnut spare still fit on, with the calipers relocated?
Damn, I forgot to check that. I will let you know later tonight.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro you should paint your calipers to complete the BBK look. get a Duplicolor brake caliper painting kit.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G-Force
I was reading the RacingBrake web site and they show the vanes forward, rotating into the pads. This image is showing the driver's front wheel. I will call them directly to find out tomorrow because I will have mine in a week or two and want to install correctly.

See also the page from Stoptech, they show the vanes forward too. That said, I think Cru did the install correct per both sources.
Like I said, depends on the brake system. Some rotors have the slots and holes going the other way but the vanes are what is important.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, I have the same kit. He did the install correctly. I have a question for you though. Did you use the Hawk HPS pads? And if so, do you get any kind of "groaning" noise/vibration while stopping? I have gotten this since day one with the kit. And after calling RacingBrake, they say it is normal. Seems kinda weird though. It happens around 30 mph during the stop, but not at highway speeds or really slow speeds. Thanks.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by BigSash
Bro you should paint your calipers to complete the BBK look. get a Duplicolor brake caliper painting kit.
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
*The caliper brackets are painted bright red by the manufacturer. I didn’t really care for the color so I stripped the paint myself and had them powder coated gloss black. After the install I now wish I would have had the stock calipers powder coated gloss black as well, but I still think it looks great.
^^See above^^

Old 06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Yeah, I have the same kit. He did the install correctly. I have a question for you though. Did you use the Hawk HPS pads? And if so, do you get any kind of "groaning" noise/vibration while stopping? I have gotten this since day one with the kit. And after calling RacingBrake, they say it is normal. Seems kinda weird though. It happens around 30 mph during the stop, but not at highway speeds or really slow speeds. Thanks.
No groaning noise or vibration, but I do have a metal rattling sound coming from both fronts when I go over bumps. This worries me so I'm going to remove the wheels and poke around.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by khsonic03
That's normal. My HPS pads do that on the stock rotors.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
No groaning noise or vibration, but I do have a metal rattling sound coming from both fronts when I go over bumps. This worries me so I'm going to remove the wheels and poke around.

Check the dust shields...they might be contacting the rotors due to vibration. Also check the anti-rattle clips. Make sure they were connected. The new pads only allow for the anti-rattle clips to be installed on the inside pad, not the outside.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
That's normal. My HPS pads do that on the stock rotors.
OK, thanks. On the same note, how is your wet-weather performance? I notice when it is raining and I am driving on the highway (only) for 5+ minutes WITHOUT hitting the brakes, when I finally do use the brakes, it feels like they are not grabbing at all. They eventually will grab after the pads heat up. This is inherent to the pads as well?

Old 06-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Sedan
Just got in from the garage. I originally thought the rattling was coming from the dust shield but that was a tinnier sound than what we were hearing. When I jiggled the pad up and down that recreated the sound exactly. The instructions stated not to use the stock shims in the front and the Hawk pads did not come with shims so we installed the fronts without them. I'm going to email RacingBrake and see if we/they didn't miss something.

UPDATE: Turns out I was using the wrong termonology. Shims are attached to the back of the brake pads and clips are what center the brake pad on the caliper bracket. Doh! So I installed the clips today and now the kit is solid. No rattling whatsoever.

Last edited by skeleton_cru; 06-19-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by codeflux
will the doughnut spare still fit on, with the calipers relocated?
The doughnut spare does NOT fit over the BBK in the front or rear. Sorry Igor. But like I told my brother "Now I can fill that space with stereo equipment"

Old 06-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DAMN !
now I want some bbk..

so once again, it does fit for the 03-04 17" rims?

Old 06-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by godmans
so once again, it does fit for the 03-04 17" rims?
It definitely does on the five spoke sport package wheels. I don't know about the six spoke wheels.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Registered

wow..those brakes look awesome..can't wait to c it at the meet next week..

Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Nice setup...looks like you are ready for the track...if that's your thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RacingBrake BBK Installed *PICS*