G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

so proud of my g35 after race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: so proud of my g35 after race

My post wasn't meant to be flame bait ... I have the right to have my opinion which is that no amount of engineering can take the pickup truck out of the pickup truck.. and any attempt to do so takes away part or all of it's sole purpose which is to haul stuff

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 10-02-2003, 05:08 PM

alderran,

I guess no one quite understands your point, then...What do you mean when you say that you can't take the pickup out of the pickup truck? Are you saying that because it was meant to haul stuff, it cannot be as performance orriented as a car? It can't go as fast in a straight line, or around a track? Is that it? So it's purpose is to haul stuff. Isnt that the purpose of a car too? Very few cars are built to only drive around a track...

Looking forward to your reply.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:22 PM

My point is that there is no point to it... it will never be as fast as a car can be and it will never corner as fast as a car can... is it impossible for it to be faster in a straightline than a G35.. definitely because in the scheme of things G35's are not that fast... can it be faster than a Ferrari... I doubt it... but in regard to G35's I would argue that it couldn't handle better.

Okay my curiosity is peaked how much does a ridiculous lightning cost?

Old 10-02-2003, 09:27 PM

If the government has the power to "do something" about people driving around in SUV's, etc. because "it's cool", then the goverment has the power to "do something" about people driving around in G35's because it's just a complete blast. I don't find that acceptable.

'03 G35/6MT Sedan Black/Black

Old 10-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here ya go. This link is to Edmund's review of the 2001 Lightning. As you can see, it does 0-60 in 5.8 (I have seen 5.4 in other sources), quarter mile in 13.9 (also have seen lower), pulls .85 g's, and does 60-0 in 137 ft (better than many cars). I found at several other websites that the weight ratio is 57 front, 43 rear. So, do you believe now that a truck can do more than just "haul stuff" and smoke your G?

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadt...8/article.html

'03.5 Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum Pedals

Old 10-02-2003, 09:58 PM

Another link, oh and the Lightning does all of this for less than your Sedan. About $32K
Link: http://www.hillerford.com/Web%20Page...tlightning.htm

Old 10-02-2003, 10:31 PM

The fastest time I’ve seen in a mag for the Lightning was 5.2s to 60, ¼ mile in 13.8 @ 104 in C&D, it was a ‘01.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:55 PM

I think there are way to many raised trucks out there. I love trucks but am starting to get sick of them. They all look the same, raised, white or black with a big fox racing sticker on the back and some motorcross macho guy with tattoos and a sideways hat, trying to act tough and telling everyone how they run over everything, and no one should get in there way. Lightnings are cool trucks. You got to love lightnings even if they are pointless. Thats whats cool about them. They are a truck that is usually not fast made fast.

Old 10-02-2003, 11:36 PM

alderan,

the problem with people and post like yours is that you spout off ignorant statements like it will never do this, never do that...you are plain wrong. believe it or not, but it is the truth. all your posts do here is to misinform and make you look ignorant. accept that there are some trucks that are faster, corner better, and still haul stuff. it's no big deal really. it's just another choice that we all had when we bought our G's. do some research and learn something. maybe next time you won't be so quick to put forth an opinion that is clearly not based in fact.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:51 AM

The govt most certainly could put a gas guzzler tax on anything that doesn't avg over 20mpg. These pigs in their SUV's and pickup trucks are driving up demand for fuel and causing us all to pay more for gas.

BTW MDG35 you are an internet attacker. I have the right to my opinion. The stats posted show that the truck is only slightly faster or not faster if you take the 5.8 than a 6MT Sedan and it's skid pad and braking are not as good.

And for all that performance how much gas does it use... and how much weight can it haul... my guess is a lot and not much

Actually seeing how we have a lot of racing truck experts around here maybe you guys can answer a question for me. Why do they put a harley davidson emblem on the side of that Ford truck? What does that truck have in common with a motorcycle? I can't think of anything at all.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:13 AM

LOL...I've been called many things, but an "internet attacker" was never one of them. I guess I can check that one off my list now.

Yes, you have a right to your opinion. I don't think anyone is arguing that. I also have a right to call your opinion ignorant. You came out and said things that were blatantly untrue, and you passed these off as fact. I called you on it, and you didn't like it. So what? Have your opinion and I'll have mine. If your opinion is that it is impossible for some trucks to perform better than a car, as you previously stated, you are wrong. It's really not a matter of opinion anymore, is it? It's fact or fiction.

An opinion would be you stating "I think that anything that doesn't get over 20mpg should have a gas guzzler tax on it." Although I might disagree, I respect that you feel that way.BTW, on that point, how do you get 20mpg as your benchmark? Why not 25, 30, 50? I bet if you looked at the actual mpg your getting on your G it wouldn't be too much better than 20, maybe worse...Again, I think you are very confused on many automotive issues.

I think it's funny that only a few posts ago, you were saying it was absolutely "impossible" for a truck to do x, y, or z, and in the last post you are saying that the lightning is a little faster here or there, and probably this or that. Seems you've changed your tune somewhat...

Whatever. Im tired of pointing out all your inconsistencies and false statements. I'll think of you as I'm filling up my Suburban. Have a nice day.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:04 AM

Your are also an internet word twister... I never said any of what you are implying. I wasn't talking Lightning against Kia and I never mentioned G35... which I don't think is a fast car... what I was thinking is like a Porsche 911 or even a Corvette.. no way no how a Lightning is going to beat those cars..

Look at you attack attack attack that's all you can do.. 20mpg was an example of a reasonable number... 25 might be better.. 30 or 50 too many cars would fall below that... do you offer an opinion... no you attack attack attack.

BTW you have a right to your own opinion. You have a right to disagree with me. But could you please do it without the personal attacks.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:02 PM

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial"><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

…what I was thinking is like a Porsche 911 or even a Corvette.. no way no how a Lightning is going to beat those cars..

<hr></blockquote><o> </o> <o> </o> </font> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial">IMO, you’re comparing “apples to oranges”.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Lightning is not meant to compete with high end sports cars, with that comparison it’s like saying:<o> </o> </font> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial"> <o> </o> </font> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial">…what I was thinking is like a Lamborghini Murcielago or even a Ferrari F50... no way no how a Porsche 911 is going to beat those cars..</font><font face="Arial"><o> </o> </font> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial"> <o> </o> </font> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="color:black"><font face="Arial">Of course it's not going to beat those cars, they are not meant to compete with each other.</font></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><font face="Arial"> </font></p> <p style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="font-size: 12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><font face="Arial">So to be fair let’s put it this way, the Lightning in it’s class will run circles around any stock truck out there and some cars in it's price range.</font></span> <p style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><font face="Arial"> </font></p> <p style="margin-top: 1; margin-bottom: 1"><span style="font-size: 12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><font face="Arial">I love my </font> </span><font face="Arial">G coupe but I give credit where credit is due.</font></p>

Old 10-03-2003, 12:45 PM

If you read the links I gave you, you will see that it can haul 5000 lbs. Not bad, huh? Maybe because it has 380 HP and 450ft/lbs of torque. And if you are going to compare it to a Corvette, well yes, it could beat it with a chip, S/C pulley, and exhaust. But then we get into a whole other area. These trucks are fast and handle well; and with less money invested in them, you can make them faster than a Porsche and a Corvette.
They put the Harley emblem on there, because it is a tribute to the Harley motorcycle. Harley Davidson worked in colaboration with Ford to create that truck, giving it styling cues to remind one of a Harley bike. Why do they put a horse on a Ferrari? It has nothing to do with a horse. Wow, I have changed my opinion of you. Now you are just stupid.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alderman you digging yourself a bigger hole. It's not that people are attacking you, they are making a point that you posts have factual errors. In the future, if you don't want your posts to be "attacked" Then post factual content, Not hearsay and speculation.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so proud of my g35 after race