G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My car got keyed today.....**** !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
come over one day and I will touch up and wetsand.
Neal, you know how to buff/touch up and fix scratches??? It's quite deep. I think it's down to the metal or close to it. What's wetsand anyway?

Last edited by mikeee2; 07-23-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I touch it up with paint, build it up. wait a week for it to dry, than sand with wet sandpaper (2000 grit) to level the touch up paint with the existing paint. than I will polish it off with my DA polisher. this is the wetsand method (w/e)

I'll be honest with you, i never touched up something that big before. only paint chips and scrapes down the the primer

If you want to get it repainted, once again, talk to kenny. he knows a good body shop. heck, my front cover is damaged beyond touch up (from like a million rock chips) and I will need a repaint soon. Kenny also wants to paint his grill black. If we all go to the shop together, maybe the owner could work us a discount.

again, i can take a look at it one day and see if it is fixable.

Last edited by Neal376; 07-23-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
IMO--you will need to have the scratch filled and the whole door re-painted. At least the portion above the body-side moulding. The good thing is that you have a black car and you can get a 99.999% color match with no blending needed. Sorry to hear that.

Though ultimately unavoidable--try parking in well lighted areas and preferably not on the street. These kinds of things make me want to drive a 7 yr old maxima that I could park anywhere and eat in it and drive out of state--and all the stuff I won't do in my G...AND then have a bad azz sports car in the garage that only comes out in good weather and ONLY gets parked in 3 places--in my garage, at the gas pump and occasionally at the dealer service stall.

Congrats on the baby news

Last edited by Texan1; 07-24-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Awe shiznitt , that totally sucks Bobby. It is so maddening there are people around that do that crap. I'm sure you will get it fixed ok but it just sucks.

But a big congrats on the news of an expectant little one, . Good stuff my friend. All the best .
Wayne

Old 07-23-2006, 10:03 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just keyed someone's car the other day just because he parked so damn close to me and trust me, I left him one bigger than the one they left you J/K! Sucks what happened to your car and its something I think we all dread to see when we go to our cars. I, myself need my front passenger door fixed because someone in a pick up truck did the infamous "kick door open" **** on my door. Anyone have any recommendations for the Pennsylvania area?

Old 07-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Awe shiznitt , that totally sucks Bobby. It is so maddening there are people around that do that crap. I'm sure you will get it fixed ok but it just sucks.

But a big congrats on the news of an expectant little one, . Good stuff my friend. All the best .
Wayne
Thanks Wayne. Yeah, I tried to spend more time with wife now rather than my other wife (G35x). I am suprise that I am still in a pretty decent mood after the scratch. I think the "little one" is what's keeping my smiley face today. By the way, wife is pregnant about 7 weeks now I think. Still monthssssssssss to go.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats Bobby.
I am sure you can now, more than ever, appreciate the safety (and fun!) of AWD with the little one on the way

Old 07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Neal376
congrats Bobby.
I am sure you can now, more than ever, appreciate the safety (and fun!) of AWD with the little one on the way
Yes, you got that right. I actually lost a little of the "M/T craving" after I found out the baby news. Maybe I am getting old now? AWD and Automatic will be the hot items for now. I can feed the baby from my front seat without having to shift the gears. J/K

Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the baby! If it helps, it looks like it might of been an accident. I know that doesn't really matter since the damage is done and nobody owned up to it. At least it's just one door and not the whole side. I had someone key up my old truck door once when I lived in apartments. It sucked but I don't remember it being too expensive to respray the door.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
Congrats on the baby! If it helps, it looks like it might of been an accident. I know that doesn't really matter since the damage is done and nobody owned up to it. At least it's just one door and not the whole side. I had someone key up my old truck door once when I lived in apartments. It sucked but I don't remember it being too expensive to respray the door.
Accident??? I checked my car everyday before I drive and the scratch was not there that day. Do you mean someone walk by and scrap it by accident???????

Old 07-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Sorry to hear what happened. some people are just @ssholes.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:16 AM
I had this before on my other car. The only thing is that the person got every panel and it was Deeeep! I had to have the whole car repainted and it was never the same. I would definitely do some research on good paint shops and reputable work. Pay the extra cost if necessary. Don't skimp on this, trust me. Also have another pro look at the job afterwards to determine its quality. It needs to be good enough to where even a trained pro cannot tell if it was painted. Otherwise be prepared to take a hit on your trade in/resale value.

It doesn't look bad so they may not need to re-spray the whole door, but only a pro can determine that. The door job should average between $400-600. Maybe more if it a specialty car shop, since they do the best jobs.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:08 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
I had this before on my other car. The only thing is that the person got every panel and it was Deeeep! I had to have the whole car repainted and it was never the same. I would definitely do some research on good paint shops and reputable work. Pay the extra cost if necessary. Don't skimp on this, trust me. Also have another pro look at the job afterwards to determine its quality. It needs to be good enough to where even a trained pro cannot tell if it was painted. Otherwise be prepared to take a hit on your trade in/resale value.

It doesn't look bad so they may not need to re-spray the whole door, but only a pro can determine that. The door job should average between $400-600. Maybe more if it a specialty car shop, since they do the best jobs.
What sucks besides the downtime of not having your car while its at the shop is that the $400-$600 could have went to a mod insteald of fixing someone else's "mistake".

Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
What sucks besides the downtime of not having your car while its at the shop is that the $400-$600 could have went to a mod insteald of fixing someone else's "mistake".

I agree. If you find out who did it you should take one of their kidneys (they have 2) and then sell it on ebay to make your money back!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Accident??? I checked my car everyday before I drive and the scratch was not there that day. Do you mean someone walk by and scrap it by accident???????
I'm just saying someone might of had keys or junk hanging out of their pockets and they brushed up against the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car got keyed today.....**** !!!