G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My car got keyed today.....**** !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
I agree. If you find out who did it you should take one of their kidneys (they have 2) and then sell it on ebay to make your money back!

I forget the odds, but you'd be surprised that every 1 in so people only have just one kidney and don't know about it till they have a kidney failure or they become a kidney donor. They are missing 1 kidney because God found someone more deserving of the other one

Old 07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. It is complete BS that people do that kind of crap.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone tried this place out in Long Island? http://www.detailingdynamics.com

I think there was a G meet there some time ago. Emailed them the pictures today and called for an estimate. They didn't provide me an estimate and said I need to be there in person. They also said repainting will be more costly than touch up/buffing/wetsand.

They are open on Saturday 9am - 1pm. When asked if it can be same day service for saturday, the guy told me no. Does it take that long to touchup/buff/wetsand if I opt for that rather than repaint?

Old 07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
aww man mikeee sorry that sucks. neal is an expert amateur detailer you can count on him especially on a black car he knows his stuff. we can have a mini meet detailing at his place

Old 07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dam man...that sucks...I hate people who do this sort of ****!!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
aww man mikeee sorry that sucks. neal is an expert amateur detailer you can count on him especially on a black car he knows his stuff. we can have a mini meet detailing at his place
Hey sounds good to me. Amatuer is good enough for me. My first few dents, I did touch up myself and it was HORRIBLE.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain.

My car wasn't even a month old when I got mine keyed in a Ralph's parking lot - I couldn't believe that f**king hater, whoever it was. All the way, from front to back, both sides, 6 panels, and DEEP. I basically had to get a new paint job, and even though I went through the dealer body shop, the paint was never quite the same.

I felt like someone punched me in the stomach when I saw my car. The person who did that would not be alive if I knew who it was.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mikee, I feel your pain and definitely the anger as well. Some people are just born to be pieces of ****.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People who key cars deserve to die

I got hit about 6 weeks ago. It's maddening because it's just a random person being a complete @sshole. Most likely it's some stupid kid(s). You're lucky they only hit one door, so it'll be probably around $500. I have to do 2 doors and it's going to run about 900 bucks. I have to buy an engagement ring, so I REALLY feel your pain.

That's definitely a repaint cause you can see bare metal. If you can't get it fixed right away, wax the sh*it out of that spot every time you wash the car so you don't get any rust started.

If you want to feel a little better, my buddy's A6 was part of a group of cars all parked on the street where some little @sshole started walking on top of the cars and jumping from car to car all the way down the street. It cost him $3,500 to get it fixed and the little fu*cker nailed his rental while he was getting it fixed. We suggested he spray silicone all over the car so the kid takes a horrible fall and never does it again.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by kysrsoze
I got hit about 6 weeks ago. It's maddening because it's just a random person being a complete @sshole. Most likely it's some stupid kid(s). You're lucky they only hit one door, so it'll be probably around $500. I have to do 2 doors and it's going to run about 900 bucks. I have to buy an engagement ring, so I REALLY feel your pain.

That's definitely a repaint cause you can see bare metal. If you can't get it fixed right away, wax the sh*it out of that spot every time you wash the car so you don't get any rust started.

If you want to feel a little better, my buddy's A6 was part of a group of cars all parked on the street where some little @sshole started walking on top of the cars and jumping from car to car all the way down the street. It cost him $3,500 to get it fixed and the little fu*cker nailed his rental while he was getting it fixed. We suggested he spray silicone all over the car so the kid takes a horrible fall and never does it again.
I am thinking about just going the "touch up/wetsand/buffing" route. Is that a bad idea? Repaint is costly. I am really not looking for perfection anymore. A decent enough job is good for me. Right now the scratch just looks horrible.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Anyone ever used those mobile auto detailers through craigslist? Came across this http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/aos/185934284.html

Gave the guy a call and he gave me a quote of $200. That's sanding, filling, prieme and paint. Is that alot?

Old 07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that is a resonable price considering that it is ALOT of work.

sorry bobby, I would like to help you out but my schedual is pretty nuts right now.

I'd say go for it.

just go over it when you get it back and make sure they did not just cover up sanding mistakes with oil based products

Last edited by Neal376; 07-25-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you don't care about perfection I'd go for it. I had a mobile guy touch up my bumper and it looks pretty good. A couple gnats did dive bomb it while he was painting, but it's tough to see unless you really look. That's the bad thing about a mobile detailers is you lose the benefit of a spray booth.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Neal376
I think that is a resonable price considering that it is ALOT of work.

sorry bobby, I would like to help you out but my schedual is pretty nuts right now.

I'd say go for it.

just go over it when you get it back and make sure they did not just cover up sanding mistakes with oil based products
That's ok Neal. Don't worry about it. I'll look around for a detailer. The only thing I am afraid is if the touchup/buff/wetsand method doesn't do too good of a job. As long as from a distance it's not too noticeable, I can live with it.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
If you don't care about perfection I'd go for it. I had a mobile guy touch up my bumper and it looks pretty good. A couple gnats did dive bomb it while he was painting, but it's tough to see unless you really look. That's the bad thing about a mobile detailers is you lose the benefit of a spray booth.
How bad was the bumper before the touch up and after? Can you easily spot the scratch/scuff etc?

Obviously, everyone wants perfection. I've had my car for 1.5+ years so it's just a matter of when, I get these dents/scratches, etc. I already have some little dents on the other side as well as some cat scratches on hood, but they are not really that noticeable which is fine with me. My car is meant to be driven, if I want it to have no swirls or even tiny little marks, then I should just leave it in garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car got keyed today.....**** !!!