G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Soon to be g owner..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be g owner..

Wassup guys, well Ive been looking to get a car for a month or two now...I was going for the 2004 maxima, loaded with no navi, around 30-40k on it, for about 23...Well, I know a few people who have them, and they are amaxing cars, all the way from the exterior, to the bose...Anyhow, they just have to many problems, wheel shimmy, and that bose head unit is cursed, so many people have had them go out..My friends right now, only will play store bought cds, and nothing else ...Well I was looking to spend 23-25k, and then I thought why not a g35 sedan, well I dont know anyone who has one, so Im kinda new to how they are and what not...

Right now, Ive been looking at some of the 2004 g35x on autotrader, and they look nice...So I was just wondering are there any major reasons why to get the x instead of the noram g35 other then awd? Also, how is the system, I love the maximas system, it sounds amazing, well atleast to me, so is it up to par? Also, are there any issues with them (the car that is)...Also is there a difference in bodys from 04 and 05? I know there is gona be a new 07, but Im not gona spend to much, as I plan to buy a house soon...Sorry for making this so long..I just dont wnt to buy the wrong car...And just for kicks, would a g35x auto, take a 2005 tl auto? or a 2004maxima auto?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
based on your title, I'd say you already had your mind set?! my buddy has a maxima, and it is nice but doesn't ride like a luxury car. A lot of road noises compared to mine. G35 will take the maxima for sure, RWD vs FWD is also a perk. I don't know about the TL, my guess is yes since I've taken a 2005 TL many times. As far as getting G35x....thats based on preference and the need. I live in sunny california, will not go camping/off roading with the G, I didnt need the X. Body style changed from 04 to 05, not much difference, just bumper sides rear thats noticeable. Headlight and grill design a lil different, not much to desire after. interior changed a bit too...find out more with the search feature...I forgot the rest of your questions, so I will leave that to the others...I'm going on my lunch break anyways

Old 08-18-2006, 04:14 PM
RWD or AWD > FWD....

The 6th gen maxima is a boat and I personally never liked the way they look. Right now, I think you will be able to find a great deal on a lightly used '05 or even a '06 G. The looks of the '05 and up are better than the '04 IMO... the tail lights and front are different as well as the interior.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I live in philly, wont be taking it offroading or anything aha...Anyhow, so besides the awd, no big difference? So I guess then I should just get the g35...Im hoping to get black on black, with the spoiler..You honestly think I could get a 05 for 24k, seems impossible...Also, when the 07 comes out, you tihnk the 04/05 prices will drop?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Unless you need it for where you live, get the RWD. There is more drivetrain loss. Plus it is much harder to play around and drift a AWD than a RWD with VLSD.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Alright so the x is out of the picture, if the only good thing is awd...Also, I saw a car on autotrader, and the description said, aero kit...Does infiniti have aero styling or kit, Ill get a link...So does infiniti send them out with like a aero design or kit or something?

Yeah aero package or watver...Its in the description.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=82

Old 08-18-2006, 04:27 PM
The aero kit is a factory kit... only available for the '03/'04 models I believe...

Trending Topics

Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Just wondering, you know how the 04 maxima has the screen, with the info of tracks, radio station names, gas, mpg, and oil check...The screen thats not in color, but if you dont get navi, you still get it, is there anything like that for the g35? I see the panel, where the navi is, but if u dont get navi, does that lift up with a info screen?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Purified
Alright so the x is out of the picture, if the only good thing is awd...Also, I saw a car on autotrader, and the description said, aero kit...Does infiniti have aero styling or kit, Ill get a link...So does infiniti send them out with like a aero design or kit or something?

Yeah aero package or watver...Its in the description.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=82
I lived in Philly and now live out near KOP. The AWD is phenomenal during the snow storms that we get and the car is wicked on the streets when its wet out. I wouldn't rule out the awd right away.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
no... there is no such info screen.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Ohh cool, yeah Im in NE philly...Yeah its still in my mind, but wow no info screen, kinda gay if u ask me, when the maxima has one, and then g35 doesnt weird...Also, is it easy to take the head unit and what not out..Likee get a a din kit, and just pop alpine touch screen or something...Also, I dont really plan to get a kit or nuttin, just rims tints, cai, and a jl w7 and that should do it...Honestly, can you make the g35 look nice without a kit, ive seen some nice cars on here (big ups to you guys)...But not sure who has a kit and who doesnt, as I am totaly new to the g35...I was thinking maxima maxima maxima, and then bam, now I want the g35 ahaha..Anyone know a member that has likea g35x stock, with just rims tints, mind showing me a pick?

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:40 PM
one thing to consider if you value looks, is that the X will sit slightly higher than a RWD G.

DIN kit for the G is not very easy... you'll need to buy a JDM AC controller and a JDM trim piece... over $300 for just those two things before you can stick a double-DIN unit in there.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Ouch..Yeah if it sits higher, I dont really mind that, but do you think rims, tints, and ill be set? When I thought I was getting the maxima, I was looking around on the org, you prooly know of it...Anyhow, yeah for them, its so much easier, just get a double din kit, for 30, pop the unit in, and ur done! Ohh well, the g35 to me looks way better...Anyone know of a hot g35x with just rims and tints, smoked tails, I would like to see hot it looks..Went through the gallery, but im new to the g scene so I dont really knwo ****..

Old 08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
IMO the factory aero kit (sometimes referred to as the nismo kit) is the cleanest looking kit thats comes with the sedan. Others will have other opinons. Anyways my friend has navi on his maxima so thats okay, but I've seen non-navi maximas that display the radio and ac information. IMO that crap is an overkill lol. You really dont need a full 6 inch screen to display where air is coming out of your vent and waht radio station you are at. I used to call it the "FAKE-NAVI" because when the car is not on people just might think you have a a navi. On the G, you have the screen, then you have the navi, if you don't have the screen, you dont have the navi. Double-din conversion will cost around $300 for parts and then you'll have to buy whatever double din unito you want to put in. A lot of members have it and it's very nice. With the G35, you also get some car feedback if you have the navi such as the MPG, miles until empty, trip computer, door ajar warning, low fuel warning, maintenance schdule and reminder. I mean, those are the things you can live without, but definitely a plus to having a navi. Just buy it already...LOL MAXIMA has nothing on the G, end of discussion.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:50 PM
look at the stickys up top

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/103232-calling-all-x-s-lowered-suspension.html

...and yes, I know of the .org... I still own my 2000 maxima

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Soon to be g owner..