G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How Long Should It Take to Order A New Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Long Should It Take to Order A New Car

Hey guys, I have had an order on a '04 G35 6mt load (see sig below) since 1st week of September.

I still have no car and no word of when it's coming. I gave them a $1k deposit and I thought by now the car would either be here, on its way or that I would have VIN#. Am I being taken for a ride or am I acting like a kid in a candy store saying gimme gimme?

All I know is that I've been coming here since before I ordered the car and I'm getting anxious to post my own stories and pics. :-(

On Order:
"04 G35S 6MT Diamond Graphite, Full Aero, Navi, Sirius, Winter
Coming Mid October (Hopefully)

Old 10-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Re: How Long Should It Take to Order A New Car

Any ideas? Anyone? 6 weeks seem like a long time.

On Order:

Old 10-15-2003, 10:33 PM

If you're waiting on a factory order, you probably still have at least a month to go. Cars ordered the first week of August ( U orders) will be arriving late Oct and early Nov. Yours is likely a V, and will run a month later than the above range. Ask your salesman for the order number and see what the first digit letter is. The order number was given to the dealer at the time the order was entered into the system.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:37 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check tomorrow. That's the first specific piece of info I've heard yet. I was told 6-8 weeks though (they said more like 6), I guess he was trying to make a sale. How about the Vin#, do you know when that comes?

Thanks

On Order:

Old 10-15-2003, 11:15 PM

Hey nismo, I got an order out for the coupe on the first week of sept, and I'm in NJ. My dealer told me that it'll be coming in late november.

Hopefully he was doing the opposite of what your dealer did, and told me that it'd come so late so I'd have low expectations, and then be pleasantly surprised when it comes in mid to late october.

I can always hope...

Old 10-17-2003, 09:12 PM

thanks for the reply wizawuza. If that's the truth then at least I don't have to keep wondering, but I'm sort of dissapointed though. I want my car already.

Part of the problem is that I ordered the car from a dealer the first week they opened. The saleperson was still not up to speed on the car. I seem to know more about what I'm buying that the people selling to me. I did it through them becuase they matched a good price on the car. Now I'm wondering if I bought it from the right place.

Has anyone else had to order a car and wait 3 months? Is it because '04's just came out?

I think I'm suffering from withdrawl without having owned the car yet, and I'm jealous of all of you since you have your G's. I'm going to check myself into a hospital tomorrow to have my head examined. Thanks guys.

On Order:

Old 10-17-2003, 10:09 PM

don't worry dude, all cars that are factory ordered take that long... i've heard reports of people waiting as long as 3 months... but also reports of people waiting less... it all depends... if your salesperson was good he'd be looking to see if a similar spec car like yours comes in earlier and swap it out... that's pretty much the only way they can get you your car sooner than the factory order. my order was placed first week of September and they told me first week of November for delivery which I know is a load of crap but one can hope...

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 AM

Actually custom ordered cars do take 3 months to arrive with normal demand. My really good friend is a salesperson at Infiniti and he's not someone that would lie about something like that. Like tsolin01 said though, if your dealer was on the ball and if there was an identical/similar optioned car to the one you had ordered that was coming in earlier, your dealer/salesperson would probably put you in the car coming in earlier. These kind of things can account for varied wait times.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually ordering a car should only take a few minutes.. it's the waiting for delivery part that will get you. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-21-2003, 07:31 AM

the process on ordered cars

dealer places all their order sometime in the first week of the month. this are cars customers ordered and cars they just want to sell. if you miss this date by even a couple of days, could delay you a month.

if you ordered in sept and made cut-off, you are looking at december. here is the variable. if you are on the west coast, it is probably mid to late november delivery. east coast, late november, early december.

about a month, month and half after order, you will get (call dealer or he calls you) order number. that officially lets you know your order has been placed.

about 2 - 4 weeks before delivery, vin is avail. that lets you know it is on the boat.

04 6mtC

Old 10-26-2003, 01:07 PM

I have a vin# ! It's countdown time! 2-4 weeks right?

On Order:
"04 G35S 6MT Diamond Graphite on Graphite, Full Aero, Navi, Sirius, Premium Coming Mid October (Hopefully)
Till then still driving: '01 AE Maxima SE 5sp

Old 10-27-2003, 02:09 PM

Hey Nismo, Congrats on your progress!! I too ordered the first week of Sept...two questions for you...1.) were you ever able to verify whether your order was U or V...I'm assuming it's V unless your "new" dealer some how got you in on U allocation. 2.) It appears that you made your las post on Sunday...when did you actually receive your VIN#??

I trying to decide if I should start bugging my dealer just yet. Over on FreshAlloy U orders are still coming in. Thanks in advance for the info Bro. I'm just about to pop waiting on my car!! :>)

G35S DIAM GRAPH/ GRAPH BELLS WHISTLES ON ORDER...WAITING IMPATIENTLY

Old 10-31-2003, 09:47 AM

Thanx, starting to get really anxious here waiting for the car. I have a V order. I got the vin Saturday Oct 18 and the order # on the 16th. According to someone else that has a coupe on order in NJ he has now been given a delivery date of Nov 19. I'm guessing that my car should arrive just about the same time. Good thing, my lease on my Max is due back Nov. 25.

Why not bug your dealer, make them work for the sale. Are you ordering a 5at or 6mt? What options did you go for?

On Order:
"04 G35S 6MT Diamond Graphite on Graphite, Full Aero, Navi, Sirius, Premium Coming Mid October (Hopefully)

Old 11-10-2003, 01:10 AM

The countdown continues. I have been told that the car is coming the week of November 21st, which is a Friday, maybe they meant the week ending the 21st.

I'm already making plans for A/V upgrades. I remember reading that someone here was able to sell their stock tires to a Goodyear dealer and bought another set. Does anyone know where I would have luck trying that in the NY tri-state area? My car is coming with the GS-D summer tires.

I'll post pics as soon as I get my car.

On Order:

Old 11-28-2003, 04:34 PM

My salesperson called today and IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!. I went to go see it and it's beautiful. It has 6 miles on it. It's been a long wait since Aug. 30th. Not picking up till tomorrow though, the weater here is lousy today and I don't want to chance any mishaps on my maiden voyage. I'll post pics tomorrow.

On Order:
"04 G35S 6MT Diamond Graphite on Graphite, Full Aero, Navi, Sirius, Premium Coming Mid November (Hopefully)