G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Sedan S2000 Projector Retrofit Complete (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/114882-sedan-s2000-projector-retrofit-complete.html)

LittoDeviL 09-14-2006 09:21 PM

Those projectors / bezel above are the same ones on my 07 SL 550, and all the headlight has been the same ever since the latest generation SL came out. They just use a wimpy bi xenonj bosch projecotr inside though hehe.

But if you don't plan to modify the rear of your sedan casing, and you push the TSX projector as far back as it'll go, at lesat on the 05-06 sedan, those bezels will cover the front, but once you step to the side, you'll notice a huge gapping hole. If it's not from the top, it's from the side since those SL bezel only cover up the top, and the top of that bezel or shroud is rounded top, not like a box so the more u cut away from it, the less width the front of the bezel becomes.

I used a LS 430 bezel for the 06 tsx projector I did a while back and that barely fit, and the LS 430 bezel actually goes deep before it flares out for me to shave and cut.

Best Regards,
Larry

QuadCam 09-14-2006 10:02 PM

good info larry.

ttrank 09-14-2006 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by LittoDeviL
Those projectors / bezel above are the same ones on my 07 SL 550, and all the headlight has been the same ever since the latest generation SL came out. They just use a wimpy bi xenonj bosch projecotr inside though hehe.

But if you don't plan to modify the rear of your sedan casing, and you push the TSX projector as far back as it'll go, at lesat on the 05-06 sedan, those bezels will cover the front, but once you step to the side, you'll notice a huge gapping hole. If it's not from the top, it's from the side since those SL bezel only cover up the top, and the top of that bezel or shroud is rounded top, not like a box so the more u cut away from it, the less width the front of the bezel becomes.

I used a LS 430 bezel for the 06 tsx projector I did a while back and that barely fit, and the LS 430 bezel actually goes deep before it flares out for me to shave and cut.

Best Regards,
Larry

Info from the king projector retrofit guy! :eek:

Larry,
I would like to know your $0.02 on my S2000 conversion, even if you PM it to me because it's not good.

QuadCam 09-18-2006 06:41 PM

these MB shrouds are too big for the tsx projectors. DOH!!! The opening diameter is about1/2" too large. Damn it!!!

ttrank 09-18-2006 08:07 PM

Good try, they would have been very interesting. I believe you need one that will fit a 2.5". Most of the BMW/Audi/MB ones are 2.75-3.0.

LittoDeviL 09-18-2006 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuadCam
these MB shrouds are too big for the tsx projectors. DOH!!! The opening diameter is about1/2" too large. Damn it!!!

Actually it will still fit thru the front. It is larger but it's not large enough to the poitn where your going to see a gap between the inner diameter of the bezel and the outer diameter of the tsx projector.

And yes i forgot to mention those are bi xenon projectors on the SL that's why the lens is larger, because they have to push the lense further away from the back half of the projector for the solenoid bi xenon parts so to retain the proper focal output of the light, the lense has to be further away and made larger in diameter.

Larry

chinaman_87 09-19-2006 12:09 AM

would you happen to have pictures of the projector inside the housing without the shroud? Also what is that white stuff in picture number 6, and why did you tape up the bottom reflector in pictures 7 and 8? thanks

ttrank 09-19-2006 01:54 AM

This is the best picture I have like that. It's before I made the other mounts and started aiming them.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...k/DSC06717.jpg

The tape is there because I was doing a lot of cutting with my dremel and did not want to damage the hi/fog with debris. The tape around the outside was to keep the glue clean.

LittoDeviL 09-19-2006 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ttrank
Info from the king projector retrofit guy! :eek:

Larry,
I would like to know your $0.02 on my S2000 conversion, even if you PM it to me because it's not good.

Hehe Trrank, would you honestly like me to tell you what I think of your conversion as in a full analyist from my view and experience from looking at your conversion? :) If so i'll be happy to post it here if you don't mind, this way others can learn about the good things and the "not so good" things hehe.

Just want to confirm you do want me to say so, so i don't get on your bad side ;)

hehe..

Larry

Gilley 09-19-2006 09:52 AM

When installing the new projectors, do you align and aim them first and then use the JB Weld to fix them in place? Or do the stock adjustment screws still give enough adjustment?

ttrank 09-19-2006 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gilley
When installing the new projectors, do you align and aim them first and then use the JB Weld to fix them in place? Or do the stock adjustment screws still give enough adjustment?

I aimed them first.

ttrank 09-19-2006 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by LittoDeviL
Hehe Trrank, would you honestly like me to tell you what I think of your conversion as in a full analyist from my view and experience from looking at your conversion? :) If so i'll be happy to post it here if you don't mind, this way others can learn about the good things and the "not so good" things hehe.

Just want to confirm you do want me to say so, so i don't get on your bad side ;)

hehe..

Larry

Yeah, I would like to know what you think. You are the most respected retrofit guy I know of.

So far everyone who has seen them have been very impressed but this was my first retrofit and there are a few things I would change if I could.

If you can offer advise that helps others please do.

QuadCam 09-19-2006 03:17 PM

did you have to reheat the headlight when you put them back together or did you use additional sealant?

ttrank 09-19-2006 04:59 PM

I did both. I heated it again @190-200 for ~12minutes and put them back together with clamps. then I put silicone around the outside of that. I also had to use silicone on the holes where the halo lights came out.

xhid 09-21-2006 04:20 PM

Nice job! Did you center the s2000 in the reflector or do you bring it up a little to help clear the bottom reflector. Also where did you get the halos?