G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Heh, well, I'm not one to street race much at all except to occassionally (when road is completely clear on freeways and stretches were houses/businesses/other people who aren't involved would not be harmed) playing around. But since buying this car, I have yet to have ANYONE want to race me.

No one revs up next to me, no one does ANYTHING to race in. Infact, twice, A4's driven by teenagers who were previously driving very aggressively and very fast REFUSED to race when I challenged THEM. The former taking an exit that led to like 3 different exits or allowing you to drive on the other side of a barrier. He completely bypassed me when, after blowing by me (no other cars on the road at night) I sped up to try to get him to play around.

The latter of these two A4's, the kid was driving very aggressively, launching hard from the stop light and what not. He probably got upto about 60 in the 40 MPH highway. I decided to see if he'd play, so I caught up to him and double punched my gas, trying to get him to go, see what he would do. So what does he do? Slows WAAAAY down... to 40. The speed limit.

Is a G35 sedan with the Stillen intake/exhaust setup and 35% tint THAT scary to other drivers in their Audi's, BMW's, and so forth who previous thought they were bad-*** driving fast until they see me trying to get them to go? I mean, when I came from my Accord, I never tried getting anyone to race me as everyone TRIED to race me (and, like I said, I rarely every street race... I'll play around at time when the freeways and highways are empty and no one else can be harmed who's not involved and the occassional light-to-light and stop-sign-to-sign races)

This is the complete opposite of what I expected, with all these teens and young 20's thinking they're so cool in the BMW, Audi, etc that their mommy and daddy bought them.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
lol, i have people trying to race me all the time in my sedan. I was racing... i mean having a friendly competition on the freeway the other day with a brand new Porsche Carrera 4S and was on his a$$ the whole time, then on the way home from this trip a Cadillac CTS-V flew by me so i caught up and got on him, he went WOT so i hit it right after he did and was on his bumper the whole time as well.
-GP-

Old 09-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't get anyone to race me either, I suspect they know/think my car is faster and that there's no point. Oh and I'm 19, but my mommy/daddy didn't buy my car.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by DieselX
I can't get anyone to race me either, I suspect they know/think my car is faster and that there's no point. Oh and I'm 19, but my mommy/daddy didn't buy my car.
Ya, I'm 20 and I bought it. But the majority of the teens/early 20's like you and me around here, it's mommy-and-daddy presents if it's a nice car. USUALLY. Not always.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
lol, i have people trying to race me all the time in my sedan. I was racing... i mean having a friendly competition on the freeway the other day with a brand new Porsche Carrera 4S and was on his a$$ the whole time, then on the way home from this trip a Cadillac CTS-V flew by me so i caught up and got on him, he went WOT so i hit it right after he did and was on his bumper the whole time as well.
-GP-
lol, even in the straights or was it pretty curvy? The CTS-V should eat the G alive in straights, the Carrera in the corners and straights.

None the less, argh, how do you get them to race? I can't get ANYONE in ANYTHING to race me. Rather it be a ricer Honda or a nice 330i.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Wow the cts-v is 400hp and 395ftlbs torque! 3800-ish lbs.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wow the cts-v is 400hp and 395ftlbs torque! 3800-ish lbs.
Ya, those CTS-V's are insanely fast. (05 and newer is LS2, the Corvette engine)

Old 09-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
There's a BMW 318Ti with a M3 engine conversion that's game everytime I see him. We usually go at it over the I90 bridge. but that was in my maxima. He tore me up everytime. haha

Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
lol, even in the straights or was it pretty curvy? The CTS-V should eat the G alive in straights, the Carrera in the corners and straights.

None the less, argh, how do you get them to race? I can't get ANYONE in ANYTHING to race me. Rather it be a ricer Honda or a nice 330i.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-GP-
a CTS-V?? are you sure it wasnt jus a CTS? bc i doubt any G with light mods will caught up to a V..

anyways around here there are a ****load of civics that you know always try to test you, lately i seen a lot of modded sentras, the other day one was trying to race me until i dropped it to 3rd i slowed down to below the speed limit but he would just stay behind, oh well

Old 09-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
There's a BMW 318Ti with a M3 engine conversion that's game everytime I see him. We usually go at it over the I90 bridge. but that was in my maxima. He tore me up everytime. haha
Nice. Ya, one of my friends is actually thinkin of doin an S4 or even a Chevy small block V8 swap into his '93 Audi 90 CS. That'll be interesting. If he does that.

Hmm... I90 bridge huh? I'll keep my eyes open.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm 20 also,

well, for my situation its a different case. i actually work for my mom at her shop for approximately 6 loooong *** years. basically, she wouldv'e sold it years ago if it weren't for my 14hr/day shifts (w/ little or no salary)

i'm still working for her, so she, and the whole family figured since i was basically the only one working my *** off to help her and go to school since the 9th grade, i deserved a new car.

since i work for her, u could say that i bought it w/ my money if she were to actually pay me, but u could also say that she bought it since she's actually paying for it right now. iono, its in the middle, hah!

but im also paying for my motorcycle too, so theres something she cant take away if i **** her off...hhahaha

ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by ChiefyMan

It was on the freeway and there werent many curves, we were weavin and i geuss i was just picked better spots. He had to be goin 100+ when he passed me then i punched it and caught him in prolly 15 seconds and got on his a$$ then he went WOT and i did the same, he couldnt lose me if he tried. In the corners i'd eat him up just because i know how to drive my car. The Porsche was driving fast and i sped up behind him and we started weaving then when he saw i was still on his *** after about 30 seconds he slowed down. I got up next to him and looked at him, he wouldnt look back LOL
-GP-

Old 09-07-2006, 01:04 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by driguez
a CTS-V?? are you sure it wasnt jus a CTS? bc i doubt any G with light mods will caught up to a V..

anyways around here there are a ****load of civics that you know always try to test you, lately i seen a lot of modded sentras, the other day one was trying to race me until i dropped it to 3rd i slowed down to below the speed limit but he would just stay behind, oh well
I'm positive it was a CTS-V i was on his a$$ the whole time and i could clearly see the big V
-GP-

Old 09-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Talking

It was on the freeway and there werent many curves, we were weavin and i geuss i was just picked better spots. He had to be goin 100+ when he passed me then i punched it and caught him in prolly 15 seconds and got on his a$$ then he went WOT and i did the same, he couldnt lose me if he tried. In the corners i'd eat him up just because i know how to drive my car. The Porsche was driving fast and i sped up behind him and we started weaving then when he saw i was still on his *** after about 30 seconds he slowed down. I got up next to him and looked at him, he wouldnt look back LOL
-GP-
lol apparently they aren't that good of drivers - or you're just much better than them. I mean, if the drivers were evenly matched (and if traffic was clear) there'd be no way of catching those 2.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:06 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

oh, and while were on the subject, i'm 20 and i pay for my car in full as well. My dad pays my insurance as long as im going to school. so i go to school full time and work full time to pay for my car.
-GP-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?