G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
drop, rims and aero kit (on 03-04s) is all u need to make other people want to race u. I have raced everything between s2k and 750i.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
lets just say aside from the low percentage of G35 owners (you and i) no one really buys this car to want to mod it and go fast and race people. this car just doesnt seem like a target, I bet you a coupe will get more taunts than us, simply because people see this car and automatically assume that the driver will be a middle aged business man driving with 2 hands on the 10 and 2 o'clock position with aviator ray bans on looking straight ahead at every stop light. (sounds like my dad btw LOL) now, if they do step up, we pack the heat to smoke them

Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I SERIOUSLY FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'VE HAD MY SEDAN FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND I DIDN'T GET MY FIRST RACE UNTIL THIS SUMMER. AND IT WAS AGAINST MY BOY IN HIS COUPE. (BTW I WON. HOW? I DUNNO) BUT NOOOO ONE FEELS THE WANT TO TEST ME. HELL I WASN'T EVEN GETTIN LOOKS ASIDE FROM PEOPLE CHECKIN ME OUT. LOL THAT AND THE CARRIBEAN BLUE ISN'T A COLOR YOU SEE EVERDAY. BUT ONCE I THREW ON THE EXHAUST AND THE BODY KIT NOW I'VE HAD A LOT MORE LOOKS BUT ONLY ONE MAXIMA WANTED TO PLAY ON 24 AT 11PM BUT ANY FAST DRIVIN HAS JUST BEEN BETWEEN MY FRIENDS. I ACTUALLY WONDERED THAT SAME THING. IS MY CAR THAT INTIMIDATING OR AM I NOT GETTIN ANY RESPECT THAT NOT EVEN THE RICER WILL STEP UP?

Old 09-08-2006, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird, I get people to race me all the time. But I drive alot, I deliver pizzas in my g35 in Northern Sacramento, its a nice area w/ alot of money so there are alot of nice cars out here. Pretty much all I do is deliver pizzas and try to find people that I think will race me. Sometimes you have to bait the person into racing you, its kinda tricky to do but works quite well. Got a good race with a new Acura TL today, and it was a girl driving, beat a rx8 on the freeway with the ac on, lots of ****ty v6 mustangs/camaros/hondas/mazda6's etc... some older bwm m3's, newer bmw 330's some older bmw 5 series, moded nissan truck, 350z(dude apperantly couldnt drive cause I won), a Jaguar dont know what model, pontiac grand prix gtp, 5.0 mustangs, lincoln mark8, acura 3.2s and rsx or whatever, quite a few others... dont remember everything. I have maybe lost 1 or 2 street races, I think to an Ls1 camaro, not sure what else I have lost to, dosnt happen often. Its fun, I feel I do it in a safe manner, I'm a good driver and dont push it to the limit to far I know the area like the back of my hand.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
Heh, he and his significant other actually are looking to buy a house within the year actually. They live together. (The other is a superviser and does well apparently too...)

M5 + house... they're doing SOMETHING right. lol

Also, where do you work?

Oh, and lemme clear somethin up... the M5 will probably come in a couple years. He's got 80K more miles to go on his RX-8 before he said he'd buy a new car... the M5.
Yeah, $100K for one person may not make an M5 affordable, but maybe with a $200K salary, it might be (including mortgage, etc). But, unless you're sure, I wouldn't say they're doing something "right". I for one, have a friend who rents out her condo in downtown Chicago. It's a fairly young guy, around 25. From the looks of it, looks like he's got it going on. Lakeside condo paying about $1400 a month, just graduated, getting married soon, and has a BMW 5 series.

Well, ask my friend about the credit check she ran on him. He has a $100K+ student loan to pay off and over $30K in credit card balances.

To me, that's not doing anything "right". $100K loan to pay off and that much credit card debt, and pushing a 5 series....and do you really have to be in front of the lake with that much money to pay off? Not to mention that the credit card debt is most likely a revolving account! Fuggetaboutit! Some what I'm saying is that looks may be deceiving...an M5 with a $100K salary just doesn't add up (at least it won't once they get a mortgage and all the extra costs of living on their own).

Last edited by lelg35; 09-08-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by lelg35
To me, that's not doing anything "right". $100K loan to pay off and that much credit card debt, and pushing a 5 series....and do you really have to be in front of the lake with that much money to pay off? Not to mention that the credit card debt is most likely a revolving account! Fuggetaboutit! Some what I'm saying is that looks may be deceiving...an M5 with a $100K salary just doesn't add up (at least it won't once they get a mortgage and all the extra costs of living on their own).
It's the American way to live well beyond your means. A majority of this country doesn't save a dime and actually most people spend more than they make in a month. That is real and sad fact. The easiest way to put it is a majority of America
wears a big hat, but has no cattle
(Book: Millionaire Next Door). A majority of my friends (30-32 y/o) are lucky to save/invest 1-3% of their earnings. That's just plain sad and there's no way they'll be able to retire comfortably or early. I could be driving a far newer and far more expensive car right now, but I choose to invest/save 10-15% of my annual earnings, invest about $1k/yr my son's college fund, and live in a slightly smaller and older house than my friends. I do this supporting a stay at home mom. All my friends wive's work. I don't know what it is about young professional people these days. It's has if they feel pressure to have all the toys once they start getting a salary. What the hell do these people have to look forward to in life if they're already buying $60+K cars and expensive new homes? These people apparently have no idea how hard it is to get out of debt. They'll be working till they're 65-70 and I'll be retired by 52-55.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've only had about 6 encounters in almost 2 years. 2 Wrx's, 2 boxter s, 1 carrera and my only loss, a Vette (but I wasn't trying, didn't want to waste gas to get my azz handed to me).

Since I have had my wheels on my car, no one has raced me, maybe it looks to aggressive

Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I'll be retired by 52-55.
I'll retire when I'm 50... gotta love government work.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
Heh, he and his significant other actually are looking to buy a house within the year actually. They live together. (The other is a superviser and does well apparently too...)

M5 + house... they're doing SOMETHING right. lol

Also, where do you work?

Oh, and lemme clear somethin up... the M5 will probably come in a couple years. He's got 80K more miles to go on his RX-8 before he said he'd buy a new car... the M5.
I own a construction company with 3 partners and a flooring store with 2, just opened the flooring store 3 weeks ago, doing pretty well already.

Oh and about retirement... I don't think I will ever retire, I just can't imagine not working, I don't think I wanna roll over and die, i'll work til i'm dead!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
drop, rims and aero kit (on 03-04s) is all u need to make other people want to race u. I have raced everything between s2k and 750i.
I don't know about that Klubbheads......no one has ever tried to rev up with me...I would most likely not accept the challenge. I am one of those that likes to look/be fast but too scared to let it go (most of the time )

I guess I could try to make it look even sportier? (stickers all over the place....NO WAY)

Old 09-08-2006, 01:13 PM
yeah its strange in houston id think there'd be more people trying to lure me into a little race here and there but ive only had one and it was a pontiac something. It was pretty quick though looked like a g6 or something? well i didn't even know we were racing so he was like a car length ahead of me and he punched it. i had 2 other people in the car and i took off late so i lost.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
DaveB! Whats up man, KC here too!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
No one has tried to race me, i dont care. Im not going to risk hurtin somone, or getting arrested. Not for me.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
They probably already smoked a coupe, so they dont even bother with a sedan.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by donkeepuncher
They probably already smoked a coupe, so they dont even bother with a sedan.
LMAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?