G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those of you that say you rarely get races....i wonder where you guys live. im from new york and i travel from queens to long island on a daily basis. and i can honestly say i have a race with a car atleast atleast once every month, if not twice. and when i say races, i mean some sick *** highway races that go beyond 100 mph. ive raced so many different cars i can name a list. (acura TL, maxima, another g35, lexus IS, acura legend, souped up hondas, one race i had was with like 5 different cars at the same time a benz e class, a chrysler 300m, dodge magnum, mustang, ) i think maybe in new york highways you're able to catch more races, especially at night time on the weekends. ive won against my boy's mitsubishi 3000GT. and my cousin and i go at it with his lexus gs300 and my g. many many of my friends say that i am an amazing driver, with skill they have never seen. i dont mean to brag im just saying. and i usually do win most races with cars that are of the same calibur as mine. i agree with one of the posters when he said he quit racing 10 years ago for obvious reasons. its not safe, its not cool, but we still do it i guess for the adrenaline rush. no one is perfect, and at times it may be very stupid. but yeah, i think if you're from new york, you've definetely had your fair share of races. just my 2 cents. now will someone please help me figure out a way to fix that damn cd error f0 !!! lol

Old 09-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by irteza
for those of you that say you rarely get races....i wonder where you guys live. im from new york and i travel from queens to long island on a daily basis. and i can honestly say i have a race with a car atleast atleast once every month, if not twice. and when i say races, i mean some sick *** highway races that go beyond 100 mph. ive raced so many different cars i can name a list. (acura TL, maxima, another g35, lexus IS, acura legend, souped up hondas, one race i had was with like 5 different cars at the same time a benz e class, a chrysler 300m, dodge magnum, mustang, ) i think maybe in new york highways you're able to catch more races, especially at night time on the weekends. ive won against my boy's mitsubishi 3000GT. and my cousin and i go at it with his lexus gs300 and my g. many many of my friends say that i am an amazing driver, with skill they have never seen. i dont mean to brag im just saying. and i usually do win most races with cars that are of the same calibur as mine. i agree with one of the posters when he said he quit racing 10 years ago for obvious reasons. its not safe, its not cool, but we still do it i guess for the adrenaline rush. no one is perfect, and at times it may be very stupid. but yeah, i think if you're from new york, you've definetely had your fair share of races. just my 2 cents. now will someone please help me figure out a way to fix that damn cd error f0 !!! lol
once a month? almost once i pull onto a main road everyone is grilling me. thats new york baby

Old 09-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, that's NYC for ya

Old 09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol I'm in the Seattle area.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by DieselX
Yep, that's NYC for ya
Hard to believe, but I heard that some people actually live there of their own free will!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 PM
its probably been said 100 times, but the G35 sedan just does not LOOK fast. It has the signature Infiniti shape but the coupes usually rule the minds of those who street race. The coupe and th Z will always get the race over the sedan based purely on looks. I personally like the sedan better (i have one), but Joe Blow aint gonna think twice about racing it.

I had one kid actually say to me "how do you like the Maxima"!! lol...the only difference is that when you do get a race, you usually win b/c nothing fast challenges you...

hehe,
Mike

Last edited by freemyndz; 09-22-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I think the fact that even the Sedan AT G 35 has a top speed of 151, with 0-60
at 6.5 to 6.2 sec.s is a bit intimidating......The car does look aggressive....
and with just a few mods can hit maybe the low 14s in 1/4 mile is impressive.(As some folks have mentioned on this board.(Maybe somebody will get it down to
the 13's...who knows?)

We are talking just about the automatic Sedans.....here....the G35MTs, I am sure can really give competitors a second thought about cutting in front
of you too.....

Last edited by dec55; 09-26-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by dec55
I think the fact that even the Sedan AT G 35 has a top speed of 151, at 0-60
at 6.5 to 6.2 sec.s is a bit intimidating......The car does look aggressive....
and with just a few mods can hit maybe the low 14s in 1/4 mile is impressive.(As some folks have mentioned on this board.(Maybe somebody will get it down to
the 13's...who knows?)

We are talking just about the automatic Sedans.....here....the G35MTs I am sure can really can really give competitors a second thought about cutting in front
of you too.....

The auto is just as fast as the manual. I beat my friend in his 06 coupe 6mt all the time. If only the rev limiter wasnt at 2400 when i'm launching...
-GP-

Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Coming up on 1 year of ownership and I've had my fair share of encounters with would be street racers. Three instances stand out....

One night while at a stop light on the feeder of Beltway 8 two young guys in a Chevy Silverado (with an awfully loud exhaust) kept rev'ing at me and I heard one of them yell something regarding Japanese crap. Anyways, when the light turned green the only "crap" they saw were my taillights!

Second time was with a guy in a riced out Honda Civic. I was on Westheimer driving home and again stopped at a light. This kid kept rev'ing and rev'ing and rev'ing and it was so annoying. When the light turned green I accelerated fairly hard and I thought this kid was going to blow up his engine trying to catch me. He learned a quick lesson that evening.

Lastly, I had taken my car to the dealership for a wind leak and was driving a loaner. We all know what happens when we get loaners! Anyways a buddy of mine had borrowed his moms CLK550 Cabriolet AMG. I had 2 passengers in my loaner G and he had the top down and a passenger in the CLK. I turned from a side street onto Westheimer, throw it into manual and took off. He was right behind me and NEVER caught up. At the next stoplight he was furious that he couldn't catch up to me. He said he had it WO and still couldn't catch up. When the light turned green we ran again and still the same result. I was surprised a bit myself but the G outran the CLK.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ maybe he can't drive a stick very well? I'm assuming he was using a stick, not auto...

I don't get it though, I can't even get ricers or A4's or 3-series with teens and young 20's to race me, ya, the same ones that always talk about how their car is just oh so great and that they can beat all comers! WTF?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
^^ maybe he can't drive a stick very well? I'm assuming he was using a stick, not auto...

I don't get it though, I can't even get ricers or A4's or 3-series with teens and young 20's to race me, ya, the same ones that always talk about how their car is just oh so great and that they can beat all comers! WTF?

I've got people want to race me all the time...even old man in the minivan & camry

Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^hahahaha, a video of that would make my day.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrJones
Coming up on 1 year of ownership and I've had my fair share of encounters with would be street racers. Three instances stand out....

One night while at a stop light on the feeder of Beltway 8 two young guys in a Chevy Silverado (with an awfully loud exhaust) kept rev'ing at me and I heard one of them yell something regarding Japanese crap. Anyways, when the light turned green the only "crap" they saw were my taillights!

Second time was with a guy in a riced out Honda Civic. I was on Westheimer driving home and again stopped at a light. This kid kept rev'ing and rev'ing and rev'ing and it was so annoying. When the light turned green I accelerated fairly hard and I thought this kid was going to blow up his engine trying to catch me. He learned a quick lesson that evening.

Lastly, I had taken my car to the dealership for a wind leak and was driving a loaner. We all know what happens when we get loaners! Anyways a buddy of mine had borrowed his moms CLK550 Cabriolet AMG. I had 2 passengers in my loaner G and he had the top down and a passenger in the CLK. I turned from a side street onto Westheimer, throw it into manual and took off. He was right behind me and NEVER caught up. At the next stoplight he was furious that he couldn't catch up to me. He said he had it WO and still couldn't catch up. When the light turned green we ran again and still the same result. I was surprised a bit myself but the G outran the CLK.
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan

CLK's don't come in stick, they are all automatic with tiptronic, and that seems a lil whack to me, a 382hp CLK550 got beat by a 280hp G, as much as i love my G to death, i call a whopping B.S.

if it was a CLK500, with 302hp, i'd say maybe, but with the CLK550, don't think so

Old 09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgags
CLK's don't come in stick, they are all automatic with tiptronic, and that seems a lil whack to me, a 382hp CLK550 got beat by a 280hp G, as much as i love my G to death, i call a whopping B.S.

if it was a CLK500, with 302hp, i'd say maybe, but with the CLK550, don't think so
Haha, its not even a CLK550, its a CLK55 AMG. I'll believe you. You said its a convertible right? Those german cars are heavy and I bet with the vert its nearly 4.000lbs. If it was a hard top, I would say he would have you since they are at least mid 13 second cars.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
So here are my latest encounters:

#1 My friend Seth's 600whp (claimed) E36 M3. I have never seen a dyno but have driven it and it's fast, very fast. He was not running full boost so based on his peak boost @600whp then he was making around 500 when we raced.

We did a few runs from stoplight to stoplight late one night with no other traffic on the road. I would guess it was a little under 1/4 mile because I was getting up to just over 100mph.

The results of each run were the same. I had some minor traction issues off the line but still took him by 2-3 cars off the line every time. By the top of second gear he was between 1/2 and 1 past me and by 100 he had about 5-6. It's a very fast car but sounds like complete $hit. It sounds like it is going to blow up. I would have to get video of it to even explain. I'd take my car over his any day. Doesn't change the fact I got my a$$ kicked.

#2 E39 M5 (not the new 500hp V10, this is the 400hp V8)

This was just some random guy on I-17 southbound. We started about 60 miles outside of Phoenix and played all the way down. There are some great high speed corners and straights. We had ~10 runs from 60-130 and I was surprised that I just slowly walked away from him each time. By 130 I would have ~6-8 cars on him. The corners had the same results, I would just dip in and he would cut behind me and I would just slowly walk away. Those are such beautiful cars, I would still trade my G for one. I have always wanted an M5.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?