G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My sedan to scary to other potential racers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THE COUPE IS HEAVIER THAN THE SEDAN...LOOK IT UP AT WWW.INFINITI.COM

Old 09-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Ive only raced one person on the road, That i didnt no.. It was a Supercharged M3.. Most of you will no how that one Ended up..

Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefyMan
Heh, well, I'm not one to street race much at all except to occassionally (when road is completely clear on freeways and stretches were houses/businesses/other people who aren't involved would not be harmed) playing around. But since buying this car, I have yet to have ANYONE want to race me.

No one revs up next to me, no one does ANYTHING to race in. Infact, twice, A4's driven by teenagers who were previously driving very aggressively and very fast REFUSED to race when I challenged THEM. The former taking an exit that led to like 3 different exits or allowing you to drive on the other side of a barrier. He completely bypassed me when, after blowing by me (no other cars on the road at night) I sped up to try to get him to play around.

The latter of these two A4's, the kid was driving very aggressively, launching hard from the stop light and what not. He probably got upto about 60 in the 40 MPH highway. I decided to see if he'd play, so I caught up to him and double punched my gas, trying to get him to go, see what he would do. So what does he do? Slows WAAAAY down... to 40. The speed limit.

Is a G35 sedan with the Stillen intake/exhaust setup and 35% tint THAT scary to other drivers in their Audi's, BMW's, and so forth who previous thought they were bad-*** driving fast until they see me trying to get them to go? I mean, when I came from my Accord, I never tried getting anyone to race me as everyone TRIED to race me (and, like I said, I rarely every street race... I'll play around at time when the freeways and highways are empty and no one else can be harmed who's not involved and the occassional light-to-light and stop-sign-to-sign races)

This is the complete opposite of what I expected, with all these teens and young 20's thinking they're so cool in the BMW, Audi, etc that their mommy and daddy bought them.

They probably have too many speeding tickets, or have been pulled over too many times (like me)... no offence, but don’t flatter yourself (or you car) just because someone doesn't race you on the streets. Take it to the track and if you smoke everyone, then you have something to thump your chest about.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
They probably have too many speeding tickets, or have been pulled over too many times (like me)... no offence, but don’t flatter yourself (or you car) just because someone doesn't race you on the streets. Take it to the track and if you smoke everyone, then you have something to thump your chest about.
I never said my car is that great, I know it's by far not unbeatable. It's a 5AT sedan, there's a ton of cars that would eat this car - at the track or street - as a snack.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Does he still live with his parents? LoL, i'm on track to make over $100k over this next year, i'm 20, and no I don't think an M5 is affordable, aside from paying my mortgage, bills, gas, insurance, G35, food, all other little expenses that pop up, that doesn't leave an extra $1500 a month for a car payment, PLUS who knows how much for insurance.... I dunno, unless taht kid saved up all his doh over the last 5 years with no bills, an M5 hardly seems affordable for anyone making under $150k with a mortgage...
Age 20 and earning 100K? So I assume you did not go to college since your looking at 4 years for a degree. Just curious how you make that kind of money....

Old 09-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harley01
Age 20 and earning 100K? So I assume you did not go to college since your looking at 4 years for a degree. Just curious how you make that kind of money....
colombian cocaine

Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 PM
workin...

Originally Posted by DaveB
A majority of my friends (30-32 y/o) are lucky to save/invest 1-3% of their earnings. That's just plain sad and there's no way they'll be able to retire comfortably or early. I could be driving a far newer and far more expensive car right now, but I choose to invest/save 10-15% of my annual earnings, invest about $1k/yr my son's college fund, and live in a slightly smaller and older house than my friends. I do this supporting a stay at home mom. All my friends wive's work. I don't know what it is about young professional people these days. It's has if they feel pressure to have all the toys once they start getting a salary. What the hell do these people have to look forward to in life if they're already buying $60+K cars and expensive new homes? These people apparently have no idea how hard it is to get out of debt. They'll be working till they're 65-70 and I'll be retired by 52-55.
^+1

Old 09-09-2006, 09:51 PM
^+2
Don't forget, a home is not an investment unless you plan to downsize (or move to a less expensive area). You always hear so many young people leave money on the table with their 401K. The company I work for has a great 401K, but not everyone invests enough for the max return:

• 3% for everyone
• Match 50¢ for every dollar up to 6%
• 3% if earnings are met

I'm investing 11% of my salary and the company adds 9% for a 20% return. You would be amazed how many people only invest 2-3%. I also want to retire around 55, though I may work part time to keep myself busy. You can only play but so much golf, right?

Old 09-09-2006, 10:13 PM
^+2
Don't forget, a home is not an investment unless you plan to downsize (or move to a less expensive area). You always hear so many young people leave money on the table with their 401K. The company I work for has a great 401K, but not everyone invests enough for the max return:

• 3% for everyone
• Match 50¢ for every dollar up to 6%
• 3% if earnings are met

I'm investing 11% of my salary and the company adds 9% for a 20% return. You would be amazed how many people only invest 2-3%. I also want to retire around 55, though I may work part time to keep myself busy. You can only play but so much golf, right?
I hope you don't end up like my Dad... Invested brilliantly, had great pension (now days 401K) - retired early... and 6 months into his full pension/investments potential he died at 66.

A good friend of mines grandfather told us (friend and me) - you can save money till it stacks this high (hand to forehead), but it does you no good unless you spend it.

Take it for what it's worth.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I hope you don't end up like my Dad... Invested brilliantly, had great pension (now days 401K) - retired early... and 6 months into his full pension/investments potential he died at 66.

A good friend of mines grandfather told us (friend and me) - you can save money till it stacks this high (hand to forehead), but it does you no good unless you spend it.

Take it for what it's worth.
Don't get me wrong, you have to enjoy life along the way. Like a lot of people, I splurged in my 20s, didn't invest much in my 401 and racked up some debt. Had quite a bit of fun and don't regret it, though it has forced me to play catch up as far as retirement. If I work into my 60s it should be because I want to, not because I have to (if I live that long).

Old 09-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, you have to enjoy life along the way. Like a lot of people, I splurged in my 20s, didn't invest much in my 401 and racked up some debt. Had quite a bit of fun and don't regret it, though it has forced me to play catch up as far as retirement. If I work into my 60s it should be because I want to, not because I have to (if I live that long).
The reason I said what I said is because my dad had a retirement plan of 55 like you... however it ended up being 57. Problem is most retirement funds (i.e. 401K, or in his case pension) aren’t in full effect until 65... at most of our ages now it's 67.

He died at 66. Some (maybe most, but I don’t know) pensions and 401K plans are not transferable to beneficiaries…. Lots of retirement savings “poof”!

I'm not telling people not to invest in their future - just an aspect that many don’t look at. My Dad was an anomaly when it came to investing and retirement planning... he got phucked. I wish he had used all the money he thought he was going to live on to enjoy life that he did live in.

Don’t get me wrong - he wasn’t ever struggling... it's just that "you can save it this high" and unless you spend it - it doesn’t do any good.

Again - "Take it for what it's worth". If this message isn’t worth anything to you... so be it.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
The reason I said what I said is because my dad had a retirement plan of 55 like you... however it ended up being 57. Problem is most retirement funds (i.e. 401K, or in his case pension) aren’t in full effect until 65... at most of our ages now it's 67.

He died at 66. Some (maybe most, but I don’t know) pensions and 401K plans are not transferable to beneficiaries…. Lots of retirement savings “poof”!

I'm not telling people not to invest in their future - just an aspect that many don’t look at. My Dad was an anomaly when it came to investing and retirement planning... he got phucked. I wish he had used all the money he thought he was going to live on to enjoy life that he did live in.

Don’t get me wrong - he wasn’t ever struggling... it's just that "you can save it this high" and unless you spend it - it doesn’t do any good.

Again - "Take it for what it's worth". If this message isn’t worth anything to you... so be it.

I'll take my chances The statistics clearly show that most of us will live into 70s. My father-in-law was the exact opposite to your father. My father-in-law and my mother-in-law were in business for themselves. They didn't have any real savings or retirement. They bought a really nice house(outside of their price range) with hopes of their new businesses to thrive. He died three months later of a massive heart attack at 60. No retirement, no life insurance. My mother-in-law is in a really bad situation now. From their 30s on, they never saved.

BTW, my 401K goes to my wife or my son. If my parents die, I'm listed as the beneficiary to thier 401Ks. That money can't go "poof". It's your money. You can have it anytime you want and you can give it to anyone you want. You invested the money out of your paycheck (non-taxed) and your employer matched some it. It's yours. The only real issue is if you withdraw it before you're 60 or 65, depending on plan.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
some good points people--I guess you have to find that balance...and never wait until....the day that _________ occurs before you enjoy life.......

fill in the blank.....lose weight, get married, pay off debt, finish school, change jobs, retire, upgrade house or car, etc etc

Peace

Old 09-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I'll take my chances The statistics clearly show that most of us will live into 70s. My father-in-law was the exact opposite to your father. My father-in-law and my mother-in-law were in business for themselves. They didn't have any real savings or retirement. They bought a really nice house(outside of their price range) with hopes of their new businesses to thrive. He died three months later of a massive heart attack at 60. No retirement, no life insurance. My mother-in-law is in a really bad situation now. From their 30s on, they never saved.

BTW, my 401K goes to my wife or my son. If my parents die, I'm listed as the beneficiary to thier 401Ks. That money can't go "poof". It's your money. You can have it anytime you want and you can give it to anyone you want. You invested the money out of your paycheck (non-taxed) and your employer matched some it. It's yours. The only real issue is if you withdraw it before you're 60 or 65, depending on plan.
Thanks for the 401K lesson - kinda retirement 101... not really necessary for me but I guess some may benefit... I've been in and out of 401K plans since 1987 so I'm fully aware of the concept... however most employers these days match 50% at most up to 3% of your income - it's not uncommon for the match to be 10% only... in fact many employers boast 401K as a benefit and only offer the outsourced management with no company match.

Also I am aware that if you draw from your 401K plan you pay an interest (and 10% penalty at tax time depending on how creative you get) - fortunately the interrest is to yourself while depositing back into your plan - rates vary, but when I did it (for side business start up) it was at 6%... so you loan yourself money and repay yourself pre taxed at feasible incriments while earning 6% right back into your own retirement fund.

Okay... yes I'm fully familiar with how 401K plans work.

BTY - my post stated that SOME 401K and pensions are NOT transferable to beneficiaries... talk to government employees and union workers and private enterprise employees that started working before you could pick your nose (as well as you do now)... the funds DO GO "POOF"...

Save it or spend it... ONE LAST TIME... "Take it for what it's worth"...

This is not a debate people... this is an observation from a perspective of experience. There are MANY perspectives... thus MANY observations... thus MANY OPTIONS.

Learn from the OPTIONS! Kinda like our cars DaveB... Geez...

Old 09-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"so you loan yourself money and repay yourself pre taxed at feasible incriments while earning 6% right back into your own retirement fund."

This is incorrect. You're not earning 6% more on the interest that you pay yourself. Your are contributing more to your fund by 6% of the loan value. There is a big difference. Earnings do not come directly out of your pocket, contributions do. And during the whole time you're paying yourself back means that there are funds that are earning nothing at all (until they are repaid).

Secondly, you do not repay your loan on a pre-tax basis. Your repayments are post-tax. For this reason, it can often be better to take out a home equity loan. Example: Say your 401K earns 10%. And your home equity loan charges 7%. Your home equity interest is tax deductible (401K interest is only deductible if your loan documents that your house is collateral), so your net interest factor is closer to 4%. So even though it sound great to repay yourself, it can actually cost more.

(this thread is the definition of high-jacked!)

Last edited by DP03; 09-10-2006 at 09:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My sedan to scary to other potential racers?