G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Trying to sell my G and have no luck....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOTHING

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I can't understand what this has to do with weaver's for sale thread. PM anyone?

Old 09-23-2006, 07:40 AM
put it on craigs list, trade express....

Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 PM
The fact that you are in the LA state may give you some trouble. People are weary to buy cars on the web from that part of the country for fear they have hurricaine damage.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I posted it on autotrader this weekend for $25k. I would be willing to go down to $24 after parting out with some of the mods, but can't see going any lower.

Weaver

Originally Posted by BigSash
The fact that you are in the LA state may give you some trouble. People are weary to buy cars on the web from that part of the country for fear they have hurricaine damage.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Premier Member

Hate to say it man, but even 25k your not gonna get for your car. The car has lost a ton of value since the new G is due in at dealers in about 1 week.

Best you get is probably 22-23k private sale now.

That is why I jumped ship when I got offered 26k for my G35 3-4 months ago before they took the hit. And the BB on it was 23-24k in excellent condition. I paid 29k for my G35 new.

Last edited by G35_TX; 10-06-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:32 PM
GOT MODS?
Originally Posted by bugsdad
My ad is currently on Autotrader and I probably need to bring the price down some, but though I paid for the highest level offered I am still VERY limited in how much I can say in the allotted space. Is there something i need to do to allow more text?

thanks

It may limit you to something like 500 characters. Dealers get up to 2000.
Do you have 9 photos? Put as many comments as it will allow.

Hope this helps. Compare your price to other cars within a 50-100 mile radius.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:18 PM
If you search in my radius, I am by far the cheapest. I didn't put a bunch of comments as sometimes less is more. There are three cars priced higher than mine and only two lower and one is within $1000. If I have to go down to 22k, I will probably keep it and wait until next year to sell it once the newness of the new sedans die down a bit.

Weaver

Originally Posted by TunerDad
It may limit you to something like 500 characters. Dealers get up to 2000.
Do you have 9 photos? Put as many comments as it will allow.

Hope this helps. Compare your price to other cars within a 50-100 mile radius.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Here in California at least....G35 sedans are very popular.....Wouldn't be
suprised if you can sell your car here for that kind of price....

Beautiful car BTW.....

Old 10-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Everyone keeps telling me that, yet no one wants it. People keep bitching about Louisiana car and all that ****. The car was purchased after Katrina in Dallas TX. I have provided a clean carfax report showing no flood and it qualifies for the guarantee as well. Yes, it has high mileage and it is a rental car, but kids don't drive g35 rental cars, adults do. They may drive them hard, but not like sports cars, etc. I would just like to get $24k, which is below the blue book value. The car is clean on only has one issue, which I would be willing to fix as well. I am giving it till the end of the year and by then, just unload it as I would prefer to have the money and will only lose more the longer I keep it due to depreciation.

Sorry to rant.

Weaver

Originally Posted by dec55
Here in California at least....G35 sedans are very popular.....Wouldn't be
suprised if you can sell your car here for that kind of price....

Beautiful car BTW.....

Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
One problem I see is that you're stuck in an area of primarily low income, especially after considering the economic impact of Katrina. If you were selling that car here in Kansas City, it would gone in less than a week and you'd probably get closer to $27K.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Premier Member

Not when you can buy new ones for 29k DaveB.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Never sell a modded car.!!

Old 10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
Everyone keeps telling me that, yet no one wants it. People keep bitching about Louisiana car and all that ****. The car was purchased after Katrina in Dallas TX. I have provided a clean carfax report showing no flood and it qualifies for the guarantee as well. Yes, it has high mileage and it is a rental car, but kids don't drive g35 rental cars, adults do. They may drive them hard, but not like sports cars, etc. I would just like to get $24k, which is below the blue book value. The car is clean on only has one issue, which I would be willing to fix as well. I am giving it till the end of the year and by then, just unload it as I would prefer to have the money and will only lose more the longer I keep it due to depreciation.

Sorry to rant.

Weaver
You just stated your own problem. No one wants a damn rental. The typical G35 buyer is spending a lot of money on a car and probably can't justify risking the purchase of a car that may become unreliable from previous abuse and not saving much money in the process. If it was a lower end car and the purchaser was buying a rental purely because they were getting it for a discounted price, then you may have a buyer out there.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't think the mods he has would affect anything - they're all pretty minor and improve the vehicle's appearance if nothing else. Sounds like the market is just very soft right now. Unless you're really hurting for the money or desperately need third row seating, you're probably better off hanging on to it for awhile (2+ years). A car is a depreciating asset, so you're going to lose money no matter what. It's generally a good idea to buy/sell a used vehicle once the depreciation curve has begun to plateau a little (3-4 years old, ~60K miles). Buyers are more interested because it's a better value, and owners have had a chance to crawl out from under the rapid depreciation (upside-down loan) that occurs during the first two years of ownership.

Sorry I'm not a buyer and don't have a lot of positive things to say - but my honest advice would be to hang on to it for a good while.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
I posted an ad on autotrader. Two weeks, not one inquiry. I am going to call Carmax on Monday to see what they can offer me. I am looking to get $24k as is. Looking at other cars on ebay, cars.com and autotrader, I don't see why I can't get this, yet have had no calls. If I have to sell it cheaper, so be it. It sucks, but the longer I keep the car, the more it depreciates and less money in my pocket. I will be using my brother's truck, so I am not buying another car.

Here goes nothing.

Weaver

Originally Posted by DaveB
One problem I see is that you're stuck in an area of primarily low income, especially after considering the economic impact of Katrina. If you were selling that car here in Kansas City, it would gone in less than a week and you'd probably get closer to $27K.

Last edited by weaver; 10-15-2006 at 12:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to sell my G and have no luck....