G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 competitors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 competitors

I thought I was the only person considering EVO or STI when finally settle down to the G. Before getting the G, I was seriously thinking about getting the EVO or STI since they are about the same price range and I am also a long-time Rally fan. However, I have a family now and my wife doesn't drive a stick, so G is the only car that is as sport as I can get. Driving on the freeway and on my way home today, I thought about why I chose G over other cars and whether I made the right purchasing decision. All of a sudden, I felt that my car was way quieter and more comfortable than the EVO I test drove. So I would say I made the right decision in respects to the refinement,comfort, and reliability. Yet, if again I can afford to buy another car, I would go for STI, much betterh car than EVO, much better. Not only does EVO not come with navigation with about the same price of a fully-loaded G, the main reason is that it is a Mercedes plagued car. Buyer be ware. Anything that has something to do with Mercedes is bad, BAd, and bad. That's why EVO has so many reliability problems as you can check with some of the EVO owners and a coworker of mine has one too. Again, I may be biased since I have such a horrible experience of owning a Mercedes.

Old 10-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, QAD isn't doing well. My gf worked there. They just laid off tons of people. You are getting some poor information. They aren't profitable and are having some serious troubles. I live about 5 miles from their headquarters.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-23-2003, 03:22 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They're not profitable because the owner pocketed $50M [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Some people don't know how to keep cash flows on the up-and-up to save their own companies. Oh well...

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The EVO was on my short list of cars to buy when It came time to trade in my wife’s '00 GT eclipse. I lurked on a couple of EVO lists to see what kind of problems they were having. It appears that the weak link is the clutch. Other than that it seemed to be a solid car. So on a Friday afternoon my wife, son and I went to the Mitsubishi dealership and test-drove one. My impressions of the car were this. It is very fast. The suspension is tight and it handles great. It's a good package for 30K.

But here is where I fault it. The overall package pales in comparison to the G35. For 30K I want luxury items. To keep the weight of the car down they use aluminium fenders and hood, which are nice. But they also forgo sound deadening material and the spray on undercoating. It saves weight but at highway speeds the road noise is deafening. Interior room is good and the Recaro seats feel nice but they are not power seats and adjusting the seat back tilt dial is almost impossible. The car I drove had a single disc CD player that sounded average. No Digital climate control or navigation system. It's really much less of a car. But that's okay because it wasn't built to compete with the G35 in the first place.

I paid 34.5 K for my full loaded G35, which is only 4.5K, more than I could have got an EVO for. And really what did I give up? A little over half a second to sixty but what I gained is a finer car.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio