G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Design Flaws? Please comment!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Design Flaws? Please comment!!!

Whoa...you listen to Justin Timberlake...

yup...that pretty much explains it.

Old 10-23-2003, 03:06 PM

Re "sharp "crack" sound in the driver side window when going over certain bumps. It does sound kind of like marble or a rock hitting the glass". My sedan had this exact problem. It was resolved by removing the headliner and adjusting some clips above the driver's door. One of Infiniti's tech reps. in SoCal identified the problem. Have your dealer contact Nissan/Infiniti to get the details.

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 10-23-2003, 04:59 PM

Hi dspisak
I wonder regarding the cracking sound you hear in your windows, where did you get it fixed? Which dealer? Is it in the So Cal? I have the exactly same symptoms as yours. Please advise. Thank you.

Old 10-23-2003, 05:55 PM

I have the exactly problem on both of my front doors, and it really annoys me. I have taken it to the dealer 3-4 times to get this problem solved, they lubricated the regulator as the bulletin said, didn't help at all. I am waiting them to get a DTS(?) appointment, hopefully this guy know what to do.

Old 10-23-2003, 10:17 PM

For all of you who are getting this window rattling I feel your pain! This has really taken away from the enjoyment of driving this car. As stated in my previous post, I am getting the rattle sound on both driver side and passenger side front windows. It is definitely the regulator but I hope this time they can fix the damn thing for good. I live in Santa Monica, Cali so if anyone has any advice for me and others please let me know. Also if anyone knows how to contact Infiniti corporate to make a complaint let me know. I feel strongly that there are many people out there with the same problem and this issue needs to be addressed. It is crazy to pay 34k+ for a car and have an issue like this. Hell I can't even enjoy listening to the radio anymore! Now I walk around all day hearing "crackling" noises in my head. I think I need to go and see a shrink as a result of all this! Hell I'd better get me a good attorney!

Old 10-25-2003, 01:31 AM

Hi. My sedan was repaired at Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City south of San Francisco. The Nissan tech. reps are based in SoCal. Your local dealer should be able to contact them.

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 11-06-2003, 07:01 PM

Oh man, I have been dealing with this since I bought the car! I HATE this noise. Sounds like something tapping against the glass. Multiple "fixes" have been attempted, and finally next Monday an Infiniti tech is going to come and deal with it. This ruines the driving experience for me, also. That, and several other issues...

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 11-07-2003, 07:04 AM

quit listening to Justin and your problems will go away.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:24 PM

Update*
The latest TSB on the window regulator DID NOT WORK. Still have the tapping in the driver's window.
I am so tired of this damn thing...

[i]<font color=red>BoneDaddy
2003.5 Garnet Fire, Premium, Aero, Sport & Debadged

Old 11-14-2003, 10:13 PM

What is your sympton? Mine is top edge of the window rubbing against the plastic trimming when closed, producing a crackling sound or someone here described it as marbles knocking on the windows while going over bumps or rough roads. I brought in in yesterday and got it back the same day and they fixed the two front windows that have such symptons. If you have the same sympton, let me know. Where you at by the way? Now the only noise left in my car is this intermitten metal clicking sound happened when the car bounces, which they did not fix on their first attempt yesterday. Have to bring it back again. If anyone has this clicking sound in their left rear, please let me know your remedy for this. Thank you.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:46 PM

I've got a rear deck rattle that sounds like it's the brake light rubbing against the rear window. I'm also in So Cal and the Santa Monica dealer is the closest to me. What kind of repair experience have you had with them? And anybody else had the rattle with the brake light/rear window?

Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your G is like mine, I doubt it's the brake light rubbing the glass, mine has a space between the glass and the light, not much, but they don't touch!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 11-17-2003, 06:49 PM

This window/door rattle problem is the ONLY thing that I dislike about my G35, BUT. . . it's so unbelievably irritating that I will eventually sell the car if the dealership cannot fix the problem. However, they have yet to be able to "duplicate" the sound since it comes and goes. . .and everytime I take the car in for an oil change, the mysterious cracking sounds decide to take the day off. I can't tell if the sound originates from the bottom of the door or near the top--it's hard to pinpoint, but it sounds like the noise the rest of you are describing. Has anyone noticed that the sound is worse on warmer days and nearly nonexistant on colder ones?

Old 11-17-2003, 08:42 PM

Dude I have noticed that as well! The sound is definitely more noticeable during warmer days. I'm not sure what happened but ever since I lubed the rubber seal (see my previous post) the sound seems to be gone for the moment. I don't believe the problem is completely gone, but at the moment I am a happy camper. I really feel your pain though. I am having the exact same problem as you. Did they tighten the regulator bolts for your front windows? Have them do it and forget about them trying to duplicate the noise. Do you hear anything when the window is partially down? If you are only getting the sound when the window is all the way up then it can only be one of two things. Either the rubber seal portion is not making a tight enough seal, or there is a problem with the regulator (bolts need to be tightened). I ended up reporting this to Infiniti Corp. and they did get back to me. The problem is now since the weather is cooler here in Southern Cali, I am not hearing anything. Believe me I'm not complaining! I'm sure though that the sound will return as soon as things warm up a bit. I would suggest for all of you who are having this issue to report it to Infiniti Corporate office. They need to know that this window design is the *****. Let me know what happens after they tighten the bolts. Peace out.

Old 11-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, they should check out the entire door to see what it is, not just wait for it to show it's face, it sounds like it is a rather common problem from reading here!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Design Flaws? Please comment!!!