G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Design Flaws? Please comment!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Design Flaws? Please comment!!!

There are two things about the '03 G35 sedan that really bother me. First, I've taken the car to the dealer three times and my driver side window still rattles a bit when going through rough road (which is a common thing in Los Angeles). They supposedly tightened the regulator bolts and this did improve the rattle, but it is not completely rattle free. The second is the stereo system. The RDS feature is really annoying because on certain radio stations, such as 102.7 KIIS FM here, if a word is longer than 8 letters it will completely cut off the first few letters and display the rest. For example, if the artist's name is "Timberlake" it will display "mberlake" and this looks terrible! Why can't it show "Timberla" followed by "ke" or something like that? Please comment and let me know if others have found the same to be true. Also, if anyone can tell me if there is any way to completely get rid of this window rattle I would be grateful! It's driving me nuts!!!

Old 10-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Design Flaws? Please comment!!!

Ummm...You listen to Justin Timberlake??

ROFLMAO!!!!

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 10-22-2003, 04:21 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That was sort of my reaction too... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

On our FX, we just rotate the **** for the tuner and it displays the entire name. Have you fiddled and futzed yet? If so, and no result... well, just listen to artists with shorter names.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-22-2003, 05:41 AM

Dudes I don't listen to Justin Timberlake I was just making an example! My girlfriend likes him so when she's in the car sometimes I let her listen to his whiny girly-man voice so I can have my way with her later. Anyway, there is no **** to adjust and there is no setting for the RDS feature with this car. If anyone else knows what I'm talking about please comment. Also, regarding the front driver side window rattle issue, I think I'm going to try a rubber seal lubricant to see if that shuts it up for a while as the dealer is useless. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. The window rattle noise is really the most annoying thing about this car. It really takes away from the enjoyment of driving it around. Thanks guys!

Old 10-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just giving you a hard time, man...LOL

The things we have to go through as men to please women...Now we have to put up with Justin Timberlake...Is there no end??

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 10-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, something else I'm missing here, what is the RDS, I am still getting used to my G!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 10-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radio Data System. Radio stations can broadcast their call sign, or the current song's title or artist name, and it will display on your radio instead of the frequency number.

There's no way to adjust it on this radio. Aftermarket radios usually have a way to turn it off, but not us.

BTW, some radio stations use it to display advertisements... joy.

Also, the system is capable of forcing your radio to a different frequency for things like traffic alerts. Pirate radio stations in England have figured out how to use that to force people to listen to the pirate station when they're within range. On a car like ours, your only way around that is to switch to CD's or turn the radio off. Again.. joy.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-22-2003, 12:30 PM

In regards to yous rattle, could it be caused by upper edge of the widow rubbing against the plastic trim that the window closes into?

Old 10-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Mine came on in Nashville to warm me of an incoming tornado. Last week. God, I hate that state sometimes

ryoken-- It's a good thing I don't plan on driving to England any time soon [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I brought my car in for a sharp "crack" sound in the driver's side window. They tightened my regular and it stopped entirely. Sounds like a marbel thwacking glass?

G

Old 10-22-2003, 07:19 PM

I just want give my .02 cents here, if you can find any car without some design flaws, it will be a unique automobile, and most likely in a parallel universe somewhere.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:52 PM

yes, i noticed this too...when i was listening to hanson...it came up as anson! haha!

Old 10-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rattle guy at my dealership says if you roll down your window a bit and the rattle goes away, it's the window actuator (regulator?) that needs replacing. They're doing mine as soon as the parts come in.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 10-22-2003, 10:17 PM

LOL, they actual have a "Rattle Guy"?

Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

So far only "Hanson" and "Justin Timberlake" have been given as shortened name examples. Perhaps our cars just have good taste in music, and thusly don't give the time of day to no-talent a$$ clowns [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

Old 10-23-2003, 05:17 AM

I got a special lube today safe for rubber and I lubed the driver side rubber seal (the rubber seal used by the window when you close it) and it did help some. I am getting exactly the sound you are describing... sharp "crack" sound in the driver side window when going over certain bumps. It does sound kind of like marble or a rock hitting the glass. I did take the car in over a month ago and they said they tightened the regulator bolts. This did help but I still hear the damn sound when going over bigger bumps on the road. Is it possible they didn't tighten it enough? As far as the radio goes I was merely pointing out the fact that if a word is longer than 8 letters the radio will not display it correctly. Seems to me it shouldn't simply cut off the first few letters and display the rest. If the word is 8 letters or less than no problem. Thanks for the posts peops! Peace out...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Design Flaws? Please comment!!!