G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

BMW style Fin on 06' sedans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got it now, i just ordered one from the dealership, they are gonna overnight it for me, i ordered the base and cover, i already have the sirius antenna on my car, but i'll take it off and put the new one on, and my car is gonna get the roof painted Friday, yay

Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

After originally reading this thread, I went down to Lokey Infiniti parts department and ordered the painted cover, the base/antenna and the nut. I plan on installing it on my 04 with factory XM. I picked it up today. It's going to be harder than I though. The antenna goes on the outside and is the part that bolts down from the inside. The painted cover is just a cover that snaps on the antenna. There is a single wire comming out of the antenna about 6 inches long with a single connector on it and it looks propriatary. I'm going to have to find a way to adapt that wire to the dual wire setup of the factory XM receiver. I should also note that the dealer showed me a picture of a cable assembly that connected from the antenna to the receiver. I don't know if the '06 has the same receiver as my '04 though and the picture wasn't clear. That cable was $166.00 so I decided that I didn't need it. As it stands I already have $80.00 into the parts mentioned above.

Then I noticed the bolt on the base/antenna that goes through a hole in the roof. It's about 1/2" but it's square at the base of the antenna. This means you have to cut a square hole in the roof. My guess is that it's for alignment.

The good news is that if I can't get the little antenna inside the base to work. I can get the XM micro antenna to fit in there and then use a wire converter to adapt it's single wire to the dual of the receiver. I would rather not make this a $200 project though. If anybody knows how to convert a single wire antenna to a dual wire receiver WITHOUT buying the assembled converter, please let me know. I believe that that converter is just splicing the wires together somehow. I know that one wire is for the satellite antenna and the other wire is for the terrestrial antenna.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know where to get the painted shark antenna that was factory on the 06 sedan? I called two dealers and they say that part # is not valid and the only ones made where the plain black like I have. How come some cars came with the painted fin and dealers dont know they exist?

Thanks

Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
They should know. Give them the p/n that is posted earlier in this thread but ask them to look it up for your color. The p/n will vary only slightly.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Bigd2k6
They should know. Give them the p/n that is posted earlier in this thread but ask them to look it up for your color. The p/n will vary only slightly.
^^^^^^^^^^ I called Scottsdale and Marin Infiniti (local dealer) and both of them claim that there is only the standard antenna and cover in black. They both claim it doesnt exist and that none of those part #'s above are valid Nissan part numbers. I'm confused.

Can anyone else who bought there's after the fact tell me what dealer they ordered from?

Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I know what you're going through. I tried to order it a Grubbs when I lived in Texas and that moron behind the parts counter thought shark fins were for navigation and also told me they came in standard black. Don't let an idiot get you down though. Those are the INFINITI (not nissan) p/n's that i gave my parts department (Bob Moore Infiniti) to order them. The cover p/n is for a different color (whatever color the person who posted those numbers has) so the parts guy cross-referenced it for a liquid platinum (which is what brilliant silver was renamed to in '06+). Tell me what color you have and I will get you the info from BM's parts dept. I just finished installing mine this weekend and in the process of writing up a DIY.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
^^^Thanks for the help, I just called Lokey Infiniti yesterday and they knew what I was talking about and ordered the part so I should be set. I dont know why some of these parts departments act so oblivious.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:47 PM