G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Front Passenger Door Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Passenger Door Problems

Anyone have problems closing the front passenger door? I finally realized that in order to get that one door closed tight, I must slam it. I took the car to the dealer for repair and even showed the service writer (which acknowledged the problem) but it came back from the tech as "working to factory spec". He gave me this lame excuse that since the windows are rolled up, there is pressure built up in the car when I close the door. Why would this only happen on the front passenger door and not all the other doors? Feedback anyone? I believe this is also the source of my rattles, which they claim "unable to replicate".

Old 11-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Front Passenger Door Problems

I'm sort of experience this- but I chalk it up to pressure. Why? Well, the doors are a little lighter, so it makes sense, but more to the point-- my mother is the only person it affects. It doesn't matter which door she's getting out of, it ALWAYS does the "half-a$$ed close". Two observations: She's always the last one to get out (slooooow), hence all the other doors are closed; and she is used to closing the doors of a coupe, which has much heavier doors.

I personally don't have a problem closing the passanger door, as I don't get out of it. I usually give my doors a healthy shove, but not a "slam", so I'll go try it out with the other doors and see what's up.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 11-06-2003, 02:00 PM

i've noticed the same thing on mine, just takes a little more force to close than other cars. for me it applies to both driver and passenger door.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:18 PM

I only have this problem on the passenger door. I am assuming the latch is too far in so in order for the door to close tight, more force is required. Because of this, I think the latch is holding the door too close to the chassis, causing the door to rattle. It's so hard to diagnose these rattles and issues...why don't we have these issues with cheaper cars? Rattles in my BMW and G35, no rattles in my Accord.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All my doors are like that, that's pretty normal, means the cabin is tight! I'd look for something else to fret over! Yep, like the last guy said, it's something to get used to is all!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 11-08-2003, 09:22 PM

Just an update, took it back to the dealer and told them to show me other cars with this problem. Not one car had this problem. However, they still insisted on the cabin pressure being the culprit and there are no adjustments available on the latch or the strike. Eventually, the technician decided to try and reposition the striker and voila...not 100% but almost fixed.

Now to get the creaking fixed, the wipers replaced and the nav unit upgraded. BTW, all these problems occur when the car is at a standstill so all that garbage about Hondas not having problems cuz they can't perform is BS.

Old 11-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, okay, then yours must have been different from mine, because mine is only occaisionally!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 11-13-2003, 12:03 PM

Try to use the same logic you apply to strike a hole shot at playing pool. Or the same technic at playing tennis. Its the follow thru that closed the door not the force. You don't need to slam it everytime to get a good tight close. Just follow thru gently and it'll closed like you want it to, be nice!!

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero

Old 11-13-2003, 08:57 PM

That's a good analogy. So lets say you come to the same pool shot day in and day out, easy as pie...but then someone comes and puts the pool table at an incline so you have a slight grade and miss the pool shot. That's what the one door feels like. Its like slam, slam, slam, damn! But its not so bad after they moved the striker. I'm actually ok with it, but being my **** self, it sucks to know you have ONE retarded door.