G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooler heads prevail in the end but this guy needed to get the s*** beat out of him. If 5 other managers begged u to stay, they obviously know this guy is an A** and was wrong.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I think he forgot his meds. (bi-polar)

You did the right thing.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Be sure to file a complaint with the main office of Toyota, not just that dealership... Bastard needs to be fired!

Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
if that happened to me.. i would've put that guy on a headlock until he passes out.. kick his *****, spit on his face, and then steal his wallet for the damages on the G.. nd one more kick to the ***** for being disrespectful

Old 12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by mx22o
if that happened to me.. i would've put that guy on a headlock until he passes out.. kick his *****, spit on his face, and then steal his wallet for the damages on the G.. nd one more kick to the ***** for being disrespectful
Then you would have been arrested and charged with assault and the jacka$$ who provoked you would have had the last laugh.

I love when people say what 'they would have done' without thinking about the consequences. The guy may be a jerk, and he may deserve to be fired, but he certainly doesn't deserve the time, legal damage, and personal expense associated with the legal aspects of a physical confrontation. You touch him, he becomes the victim, you become the loser. Unless he puts his hands on you, you have the option of walking away. Anything else, it's on you.

Great job keeping your cool. You did the right thing and now stand a much greater chance of benefitting from the situation. Slapping the ba$tard might have given you two seconds of pleasure, but it's hardly an adequate trade-off for the personal hardship it would have caused YOU, not him.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience..Kudos for keeping your cool in a situation most people wouldn't be able to..I'm pretty sure I would have been yelling at him louder than he was yelling at me...Hope everything works out for you with your hood...Keep on them and I'm sure they will take care of it...

Old 12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
people like that need to be more careful. There are alot of people with short fuses who wouldn't hesitate to come back shootin...I cant believe you still bought from them-

Old 12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Yo i understand where you are coming from completely I would have gone crazy on that *******. You should train Jiu Jitsu so in future you can tell him "I may be small but if you do not back away and stop threatening me I will be forced to defend myself and render you incapacitated"

Also, I hate to even ask but I have to, how do you know the damage wasn't there when you arrived? It could have occured earlier that day and you didn't notice. Unless you did a walk around before leaving on the test drive?

Either way I would have probably broke that lame a$$es nose

Old 12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn...major props...didnt know how you could have stayed calm given your scenario...

Old 12-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by speedraver
Be sure to file a complaint with the main office of Toyota, not just that dealership... Bastard needs to be fired!
+1, this needs to go above the ranks of the dealership.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Then you would have been arrested and charged with assault and the jacka$$ who provoked you would have had the last laugh.

I love when people say what 'they would have done' without thinking about the consequences. The guy may be a jerk, and he may deserve to be fired, but he certainly doesn't deserve the time, legal damage, and personal expense associated with the legal aspects of a physical confrontation. You touch him, he becomes the victim, you become the loser. Unless he puts his hands on you, you have the option of walking away. Anything else, it's on you.

Great job keeping your cool. You did the right thing and now stand a much greater chance of benefitting from the situation. Slapping the ba$tard might have given you two seconds of pleasure, but it's hardly an adequate trade-off for the personal hardship it would have caused YOU, not him.
i guess u don't know sarcasm when you see one

Old 12-20-2006, 07:00 AM
mrb
Many years ago I was just younger than you. I had saved a bunch of $ from working 2 jobs through high school to finally buy my first car. I wanted a Volkswagen hatch and had the $ to pay for one. I got a friend to drive me by the bank and I emptied the savings account. It was over 10k in cash, and this was in the early 90's. I went to the Volkswagen dealership and started checking out one that I liked. I stood there forever and got tired of it. I walked into the dealership and asked for a salesman. After 5 minutes some jackal walked up. I told him I wanted to check a particular car out. He opened it up for me and after I had looked at the interior, engine, and kicked the tires..I wanted to test drive. Then the salesman started going off on me pretty hard. He was acting like I was just wasting his time, telling me how he was tired of dealing with high school punks, yelling, etc. After going off for a minute he asked how I was even going to get financing. I told him I had the $ on me and he laughed. He said "Yeah right you've really got the $ to pay for this car, why don't you just get the f out of here". At this point I was tired of it. It was winter and I had a thick coat on. I pulled one of the bundled money stacks out of a pocket (all 100's) and kind of flashed it at him. I really don't remember the amount per, but I probably had 4 or 5k tied into one stack. He then started kissing my a$$. I told him he was a piece of **** and that he just lost an easy sale. I remember walking in there knowing what I could get them down to but also remember that I wanted a car so bad that I would have paid a little more to get it that day.
At any rate, I learned that day how to get people to deal with me straight up being that young. I had my boy take me back to my apartment and I put on slacks and a tie (didn't own a suit). I never had a problem dealing with anyone after that. In fact, once I learned this, I'd go test drive damn near anything I wanted to drive, even if I couldn't afford it.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I went to the BMW dealership after the new 3 series sedan came out earlier last year. I wanted to drive on to see if it really did have much over the G. I walked around the lot for a while and then the show room and no sales people approached me. This was also early in the day and I was pretty much the only customer there! Finally I decided to find the biggest office in the place and I knocked on the door, guy looked like the owner or top manager, and I was like "Don't you have any sales people working here"? The guy got me a sales person right away and I took a test drive but still was very disatissfied with the service. People do discriminate against the young. Once I went into a furntiture shop near my house, shortly after I had moved here, and I was looking to buy some really nice patio furniture. Granted I am young but I still have $$$ and do really well for myself and every customer should be treated as gold until they have PROVEN they are a$$holes. Anyway some old guy probably 60+ years old was working in the store. I asked him "do you have any patio furniture" he answered "nothing made out of plastic, the stuff we sell here is for people who are going to keep it and take care of it". Needless to say i was pissed and just left.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSash
I went to the BMW dealership after the new 3 series sedan came out earlier last year. I wanted to drive on to see if it really did have much over the G. I walked around the lot for a while and then the show room and no sales people approached me. This was also early in the day and I was pretty much the only customer there! Finally I decided to find the biggest office in the place and I knocked on the door, guy looked like the owner or top manager, and I was like "Don't you have any sales people working here"? The guy got me a sales person right away and I took a test drive but still was very disatissfied with the service. People do discriminate against the young. Once I went into a furntiture shop near my house, shortly after I had moved here, and I was looking to buy some really nice patio furniture. Granted I am young but I still have $$$ and do really well for myself and every customer should be treated as gold until they have PROVEN they are a$$holes. Anyway some old guy probably 60+ years old was working in the store. I asked him "do you have any patio furniture" he answered "nothing made out of plastic, the stuff we sell here is for people who are going to keep it and take care of it". Needless to say i was pissed and just left.
Reminds me of the scene in Pretty Woman (wife's favorite movie - get off me ) when she walks back into the shop that ignored with a couple of grand worth of packages on her arms and says 'remember me? BIG mistake..'

You have to treat all customers the same - in this day and age you can't tell squat from appearances. Teenagers have millions and old folks are broke - there are no set guidelines anymore.

It has to be frustrating.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:39 AM
In this sorta situation, it's best to insult and provoke the guy so much that HE starts to throw down.

black eye without fighting back = free car + guy getting fired

you wouldn't even have to go to court or hire a lawyer for this no brainer...HAH!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...