G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...

Okay guys so today I went with my girlfriend to Manhattan Beach Toyota to help her buy her first car... a scion TC.

I parked my car right in front of the main office in what I thought would be a very safe parking spot. I'm super **** about where I park my G to avoid door dings or anything like that. I owned my first G35 sedan for over 2 years and managed to never get a single door ding or dent.

After we come back from the test drive I walked by my car and noticed 5 new dings in my hood! They are all within 1 square inch of each other and some of them are all the way past the paint into the metal of the hood! It looks like someone dropped a heavy metal car part on my hood. I pointed this out to the sales guy that was helping us but he didnt really have anything to say since he was obviously with us on the test drive while this happened. I also didnt want to interrupt my girl's sale process. So I went inside and got a "manager". At first he seemed like he was going to be helpful. He seemed concerned. One of the first things I asked him was if they had cameras on the lot. He told me they did not. Then I asked if they had a body shop they worked with (that might repaint it for free) depending on what kind of relationship they have with their shop. Then he started yelling at me for NO reason... saying that i "didnt have a witness" and my story "wouldnt hold up in a court of law". Thats when I was like "nevermind guys forget I said anything about the hood." I politely asked him not to raise his voice at me and then suddenly he was two inches from my face screaming "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO". I again asked him not to raise his voice at me and to please step back away from me. He was approaching me like he wanted to fight! IT WAS THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I HAVE EVER EXPERENCED! Keep in mind I am a very soft spoken 140lb 21 year old kid and he's a professional sales manager probably in his early 40's and weighing at least 75lbs more than me.

I avoid confrontation whenever possible. I took 4 or 5 steps backwards along the side of my car and he STAYS INCHES FROM MY FACE walking towards me in a rage the whole time until i find myself standing next to my rear wheel. Then I finally stepped back up into his face and he backed down in like .2 seconds. I had my hands in my jacket pockets the whole time so I never looked threatening in any way. but I did have my right hand wrapped tightly around the composite brass knuckles I keep attached to my infiniti keys

I should have wrapped them around his pathetic face. But I dont let losers see the best of me.

Meanwhile my girl is inside crunching numbers.

This guy HAD TO have been drinking on the job.

You guys wont even believe what happened after that. He ran into the sales office and interrupted the salesman and my girlfriend and told her that she wasnt buying a car there and to leave!

So we were running out the door shes super upset that this guy maliciously approched her as he did. All the sudden we had 5 other "managers" begging us to stay apologizing for the a**hole. I wasnt satisfied and neither was she. I went into the sales office where the a**hole was hiding and demanded an apology straight from the horses mouth. She went outside and started crying... I was livid to say the least but stayed totally calm the whole time and that only further angered the a**hole sales manager. I explained to his "boss" how ridiculously unacceptably immature this guy was being to us.

The owner of the dealership was not working tonight so I will not be able to make a formal complaint until tomorrow.

I'm planning on going over there with my father tomrorow. I want this guy to lose his job. I'm really sick and tired of being disrespected like this just because I'm young.

Surprisingly she ended up buying brand new TC and got twice as much $$$ for her trade in due to this incident.

There were so many lessons learned tonight. the #1 is stay away from MB Toyota. To say the sales staff is unprofessional would be a horrible understatment.

Judging by the way that guy reacted to me I wouldnt be surprised if he was the one that caused the damage to my hood. The drunk probably fell on it

thanks for letting me vent guys... it was a long night but I'm very glad my girlfriend got her car cause shes super excited moving up from a 94 camry to an 07 tC.

Have any of you ever had a negative experience like this at ANY car dealer?

Old 12-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't of bought a car from that dealership after all that. Isn't there other Toyota dealerships in your area??

Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dings. Like you I am very careful with my 'G. The sale manager sounds like he was having a bad day or as you said been drinking. I would not only go back with your father but also write a letter to "Mr. Toyota USA" and complain. At least you girl frind got additional $$$ off with a better offer on her trade.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 AM
I sold cars for a while in GA and I can definitely say there are some "interesting people" in the business. Some were drug addicts and others alchoholics and others were just plain weird. I guess in a business where you can make a lot of money and have to have little or no moral/scruples, you can run into some real winners.

Sorry about your ride.

And I do not sell cars any more

Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Craziest dealer-customer story I've heard yet. Hope that everything works out with you, your father and your girlfriend (glad that she's enjoying her new ride!), and hope I'll never run into something like that at a dealership..

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned
I would still make them repaint my hood if not replace it!! Im a Marines So im short Fused I would have beat the living shyt out of him!!

Last edited by Floyds_racing; 12-19-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
wow way to stay calm. i dont know if i could do the same.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow, I give you some major credit for staying calm. I would keep on this place to make it right. They need to punish that guy and fix your hood. After you got that kind of treatment, I can't believe you still purchased a car.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I know exactly where your coming from. After the body shop broke my battery, I called the manager up and all he said (before I even mentioned anything) was "I AM NOT PAYING FOR THIS BATTERY" and than he hung up...

needless to say, I stopped doing buisness with them. I have been mistreated soooo often, prob due to my age, that I hardly do buisness with anyone anymore. I just have to learn how to do things myself. which is both good and pathetic at the same time. I dont understand why managers get so stupid when they work with my vehicle...

there were so many times where I could have sued the **** out of a place, but I simple do not have the time to complain

Last edited by Neal376; 12-19-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't think i'd have the will power stay calm like that if someone made my girl cry. more power to you!

Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Amazing. What an a$$hat. Any witnesses other than you and your girl?

It just strengthens my opinion that some folks need to be shot. Now. Today.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Amazing. What an a$$hat. Any witnesses other than you and your girl?

It just strengthens my opinion that some folks need to be shot. Now. Today.
you should have had that scion for free...

Old 12-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Coupe 6MT
Yeah, the jackass I bought my G from was considerably taller than me, and he bullied me to his advantage. We had a disagreement on my financing, he called my banker names. He made me feel guilty about trying to back out of the sale. Unfortunate for me, I really liked that G and couldn't see around it.

What can you do? I wrote a detailed letter of the incident and sent a copy to Customer Relations, the Dealer, and Infiniti Corporate. He got an honest score on his customer service survey too. The dealership manager called me to reconcile, but honestly, I'm done and would like to leave it there. There's not one thing they could possibly do to even this out anyway, unless they want to refund me the extra $2k I'm paying in interest!

Life's too short. I'm enjoying my G.

Sorry about your hood man, time for an upgrade?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's ridiculous. Glad you stayed calm, because if you did anything, the whole situation would turn around negative towards you. Good luck with the hood.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on keeping your cool. I don't think I would've tolerated someone yelling in my face for no reason especially being pissed about damage to my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...