G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keninverse
In this sorta situation, it's best to insult and provoke the guy so much that HE starts to throw down.

black eye without fighting back = free car + guy getting fired

you wouldn't even have to go to court or hire a lawyer for this no brainer...HAH!
GOOD POINT

Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by BigSash
GOOD POINT
I agree.Or. Kill the MF in self defence and walk away.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
iono, i dont think i couldv stayed that calm. i have my limits. if i had those brass knuckles, i wouldv popped him one and then tell everyone and get my moneys worth on the trade in.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't buy a vehicle from Toyota period! For one, Toyotas are ugly, Two, Toyota sales accociates (politicaly correct) are trained to tell you that your trade-in is junk and that you won't get much for it. And Three, Toyota has been hiding reliabiliy issues from the public by not sending out recall notices.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSwede
I wouldn't buy a vehicle from Toyota period! For one, Toyotas are ugly, Two, Toyota sales accociates (politicaly correct) are trained to tell you that your trade-in is junk and that you won't get much for it. And Three, Toyota has been hiding reliabiliy issues from the public by not sending out recall notices.
In the case of the Scion tC I would have to disagree. That is a pretty good looking coupe. Recalls or not, Toyota's are still some of the most reliable cars on the road.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:02 PM
It's times like this that it would be nice to introduce jerks like this to Mr. Smith and Wesson.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Well, ALL car salesmen are trained to tell you this. And Toyota reliability puts almost every other car maker to shame.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
You did the right thing by keeping your cool; your comprehensive coverage should cover this - fresh new painted hood a plus -hope you dont have a high deductible . you may even get your deductible back if it is subrogated. If it can be shown that the dealership was at fault ..now it's a third party claim - your insurance would pay you and collect from them (you may even get your deductible back through subrogation )
I probably would have sunk my right fist into his face and asked questions later. That would have been dumb. I go into the dealership and give them what they give me. Wanna play hardball ? No problem. Want to be nice and professional? I am the nicest customer on earth. That's how people are. I commend you on your style. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Gee, this sounds just like Infiniti. (except for the ugly part )

I was told that my truck was worth $9,800.00 in trade. I sold it for $14,000.00.

How many VQ engines have been using oil over the last 4 years and they still won't admit or issue a TSB about it.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Props for keeping cool about it. However if a bastard made my girl cry I'll make sure he pays the price. Maybe not today, maybe not this week, but as sure as the sun will rise again the SOB will get what's coming for him plus plenty of interest.

Direct confrontation never gets you anywhere.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by BigSash
I went to the BMW dealership after the new 3 series sedan came out earlier last year. I wanted to drive on to see if it really did have much over the G. I walked around the lot for a while and then the show room and no sales people approached me. This was also early in the day and I was pretty much the only customer there! Finally I decided to find the biggest office in the place and I knocked on the door, guy looked like the owner or top manager, and I was like "Don't you have any sales people working here"? The guy got me a sales person right away and I took a test drive but still was very disatissfied with the service. People do discriminate against the young. Once I went into a furntiture shop near my house, shortly after I had moved here, and I was looking to buy some really nice patio furniture. Granted I am young but I still have $$$ and do really well for myself and every customer should be treated as gold until they have PROVEN they are a$$holes. Anyway some old guy probably 60+ years old was working in the store. I asked him "do you have any patio furniture" he answered "nothing made out of plastic, the stuff we sell here is for people who are going to keep it and take care of it". Needless to say i was pissed and just left.
Similar thing happened to me... But an Infiniti Dealership. The first dealership the people pissed me off. Took forever to get something to help and then the guy treated my like I was 10 and didn't know a damn thing about cars. Well I walked out but I had given my name and info to the receptionists and the general manager called me that night wondering what happened. I told him the whole story and of course he wanted to work with me, but I told him his salesman already lost it for the dealership.

Went to another Infiniti dealership the next day and there was about 3-4 salesman outside. Before they could say a word, I approached them and asked who wanted to sell a car today. A few of the older guys didn't really do much but laugh. The younger one of the bunch approach me like he should and he sold a car within an or so (I knew what I wanted and was purchasing with VPP).

Old 12-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Similar thing happened to me... But an Infiniti Dealership. The first dealership the people pissed me off. Took forever to get something to help and then the guy treated my like I was 10 and didn't know a damn thing about cars. Well I walked out but I had given my name and info to the receptionists and the general manager called me that night wondering what happened. I told him the whole story and of course he wanted to work with me, but I told him his salesman already lost it for the dealership.

Went to another Infiniti dealership the next day and there was about 3-4 salesman outside. Before they could say a word, I approached them and asked who wanted to sell a car today. A few of the older guys didn't really do much but laugh. The younger one of the bunch approach me like he should and he sold a car within an or so (I knew what I wanted and was purchasing with VPP).

nice

Old 12-21-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry for the tough time you and your girlfriend had. I am am very glad you remained composed and I congratulate you for your restraint in a difficult situation. As some of the others have said, if you had gotten violent, you would have been the loser and he would have been the winner, ultimately. Good luck getting them to fix the hood and good luck with the Scion.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Well, ALL car salesmen are trained to tell you this. And Toyota reliability puts almost every other car maker to shame.
Toyota reliability is over-rated imho. A lot of the new cars from Toyota have a ton of problems, more than some Nissans.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Toyota reliability is over-rated imho. A lot of the new cars from Toyota have a ton of problems, more than some Nissans.
he is right. they do have their fare share of issues. However, I think toyota is pretty good with interiors.

you cant build a perfect car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parked my brand new G at Manhattan Beach Toyota and...