G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

She has twins, greddy twins that is...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why'd you take out the Kinetix SSV intake manifold btw? Are they not good, 'cause I just bought one and I haven't put it on yet.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by reconJDM
Holy fudgesical, Tim those videos are very convincing especially the 2nd one., I want to go Twin Tahbo.
yep. Tim has a way 0f SwAblInG ThE miNd

I want Tahbo too!!!

Oh wait... I'm doing something different... me likes Tim's Tahbo though!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by JiNSOO619
Why'd you take out the Kinetix SSV intake manifold btw? Are they not good, 'cause I just bought one and I haven't put it on yet.
on a FI motor?.... please, oh please tell us you have a monster built turbo charged engine...

If not, you have missed the first class of mod 101 and I think that = fail... from what I hear it means you must return your vehicle and start from scratch with a 1978 Schwinn (my first mod was a padded gooseneck - saves ur ballz when u get older and want a worthless mod on a big boy toy - thingz like SSV for non FI are a real kick in the nutz!)

K... I'm done

Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts

I still have it.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Grocery getter

Jesus, iForges and Volks not good enough for you? LoL, is this with your own money? No sponsorship or anything? I'd die from spending that much money on my G.

No, it's my $.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Soooo tempting! I tried everything I could aside of getting a home equity loan to come up with the cash. I need to stop and pay off some stuff first.
Dude you have nooo idea how much I wanna do this to my G. The only thing is I've got some obligations I need to fulfill first.

Funny thing is, I've been contemplating getting an EVO IX as a backup car and modding that...sigh its already began...I need help!!!!

See what you did Tim

Old 09-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As usual, I apologize if this was posted already, I only read up to page 60.

How did you solve the sway bar issue with the IC piping, is it fixable with fabrication and not messing with the sway bar?

Basically I am just wondering what obstacles delayed any part of the install, what parts would you have on hand if you were going to do it again, or for someone who was going to DIY? Say making a non daily driven, streetable 450hp on stock block.

What would be a good starting point on parts if you saved enough money and were prepared, but you were not going to rebuild the motor for a year? Obviously the Kit is necessary, is an upgraded clutch and flywheel, turbo xs utec, 2 bovs (3?), oil pan spacer a good start? Which intercoolers can I use with the stock bumper.

Are the upgraded power steering cooler, AMS radiator and ignition system necessary? I'd like to rebuild it in the future and make a reliable 550hp, but for now I would like to get it going without a rebuild, but at the same time get the right parts/equipment for down the line without skimping if possible.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by tiguy99
See what you did Tim

I'm here to help.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by Nickk6
As usual, I apologize if this was posted already, I only read up to page 60..

You can set up your preferences so there are not so many pages and more posts per page.

How did you solve the sway bar issue with the IC piping, is it fixable with fabrication and not messing with the sway bar?

Basically I am just wondering what obstacles delayed any part of the install, what parts would you have on hand if you were going to do it again, or for someone who was going to DIY? Say making a non daily driven, streetable 450hp on stock block.
Pipe ended up fitting, it just had to be moved a little so it sat higher. No major mods required.

If you want to talk about DIY, I would talk to QuadCam, he did his own Greddy install. I have had this motor out twice now. The first time was to install the kit and the second time was to build it. There is no way in hell I would ever DIY this thing. It's just too tight to get in and properly torque all the bolts, etc. It's 1,000,000 times easier outside the car.

As far as daily driven or non-daily driven, 450hp on the stock block isn't too bad. I would tune it safe and go closer to 400 but I like staying safe. Blowing your motor will happen from pushing it too hard, not driving it to work and back. I drove mine for a year on the stock block. I pushed it hard at times and took it easy others. That's a risk you take but don't buy the kit if you are not willing to deal with a blown motor. It happens, regardless of the kit, it happens.

What would be a good starting point on parts if you saved enough money and were prepared, but you were not going to rebuild the motor for a year? Obviously the Kit is necessary, is an upgraded clutch and flywheel, turbo xs utec, 2 bovs (3?), oil pan spacer a good start? Which intercoolers can I use with the stock bumper.

Are the upgraded power steering cooler, AMS radiator and ignition system necessary? I'd like to rebuild it in the future and make a reliable 550hp, but for now I would like to get it going without a rebuild, but at the same time get the right parts/equipment for down the line without skimping if possible.
If you are going to build it in a year, take my advice and wait! Just hold off and do the motor build and turbo kit install at the same time. I am sooo mad at myself for not doing that. A year goes by fast and then you have the same expense to do it all over again. Yes, the install is a bit faster but you don't save that much time.

Now to answer your questions.

If you want to keep the stock bumper I would look into the Speed Force Racing Intercooler setup instead of the Greddy one. That is what QuadCam used on his install and it fit.

I'm pretty sure I have put this list in this thread a couple times before but let me take another shot at it.

Here is what I would get for a good basic, stock block Greddy setup.
1) Greddy Kit
2) IC of your choice
3) UTEC (or better), ditch the emanage
4) Lower temp plugs
5) Larger injectors are a good idea but not required, the 440's that come will work
6) Fuel return kit (stage 1 is fine, not required but much safer)
7) Walbro 255 fuel pump
8) Blow off valves (x2), installed pre-intercooler on each charge pipe
9) Plenum spacer
10) Better air filters (greddy ones suck and don't stop much)
11) Gauges (boost, wideband O2 at a minimum)
In fact I have a Zeitronix I'll be selling soon.
12) Boost controller (Standard Tial springs with the Greddy kit are 5.5psi)
13) Good exhaust and I would remove the cats. Turbos spool faster and car sounds great. The turbos act like mufflers. BUT if you plan to build the motor, none of the existing, off the shelf sedan exhausts will support the airflow needed for more power you will have to go custom.
14) Oil pan spacer (I would also get the Forged Performance upgraded oil feed and return line kits at the same time)
15) Upgraded clutch will be needed very soon. The stock one may hold 400whp for a short time but will die very fast and start slipping as soon as it gets hot. A upgraded flywheel is not required but they are a lot cheaper than the stock one and lighter which helps with spool up. Now if you are going for more power soon you should really consider a twin or triple plate clutch instead.
16) Grounding kit

Larger power steering cooler and radiator are not required but helps a lot of you drive hard on the track or mountain runs.

The ignition system upgrade is also not required but helps a little.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks a lot Tim. I know I shouldn't DIY, but I have the equipment and tools and people (mechanics) willing to help. As far as the rebuild, I am going to be taking my motor out so I won't be saving on too much, just the scraped and bruised knuckles. I have a daily driver (86 300zx) and I only live 3 miles ROUNDTRIP from work, so I am prepared for whats ahead.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Grocery getter

Well then, good luck my friend! If you have the extra people and tools you will have some pain but save some cash!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Grocery getter

We went on a drive up to Prescott last weekend. Cosmin took these great pics and I had to share. Thanks buddy!

Hard to believe all the rolling shots were taken while he was driving his G!

Originally Posted by infinus

Last edited by ttrank; 09-22-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Your car is just a work of art. It just gets better and
better every time I see it here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think we should start a fund, how many members are there on driver, if each one paypals $1 plus fees to tims account, he could get the wheels, im down if 12000 other people are.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Grocery getter

We could do that! We could start a time share for them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: She has twins, greddy twins that is...