G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ouch!!!

well i hate to be the one saying this, but you critisize a driver that was stopped in the middle of an intersection for no reason and you tag the person that stopped cause he was stopped. it seems like this is your fault and you are the bad driver. i dont want to be a h8'er here, but i really feel you shouldn't call people out when the accident is clearly your fault. following at a safe enough distance to make a controled stop and looking far enough a head to spot danger are your responsibility, not the person in front of you. was it cool he was stopped? no. was the accident his fault? no.

Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 PM

personally...i dont care what you say!i guarentee i'm a better driver than you are! if you think i'm the bad driver...then blame the girl in front of me as well because personally she thinks its his fault as well! i'm guessing that you're the type of driver that would do the same thing the other guy would do which is be stupid and stop in the middle of a 4 way intersection! others agree with me and you're the only one to disagree!
KhaL

Old 11-13-2003, 09:38 PM

Yes, technically the accident was YngPhllyKd's fault, but I'm not sure that his inability to stop in time makes him a bad driver. I think that the guy who stopped in the middle of the intersection is the bad driver. Unfortunately, as the guy who hit him from behind, even if the girl was in the middle, it was your responsibility to provide yourself an opportunity to stop in time. I'm sure that you're angry at this other guy's bad driving decision, though.

Old 11-13-2003, 09:56 PM

Isn't this kind of thing what insurance is for?

'03 G35/6MT Sedan Black/Black

Old 11-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, in my experience, I try to stay as far back from the car in front of me as possible, this comes from having been rear-ended some years back, and pushed into the car in front of me, him into the car in front of him, and one more car! I was driving an F-150, and was hit by a Toyota PU, yep, a Toyota with a pushbar on the front!!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan

Old 11-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it just me or do the majority of people who post insulting and argumentative replies have "Newbie" next to their names? That post had no point...Of course I'm not including the ones who disagree now and again, but it's something I've noticed...Oh, and you can "hate on" me all you want- I don't care

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 11-13-2003, 11:25 PM

Wellz...insurance is bull [censored]...After you claim an accident...your crash record will be there forever...
I've ask the insurance company...first they will fix your car up...but you end up paying them more with a raise of insurance fee...and if you know some math...you whouldn't go through insurance unless its a total lost...or crash over 10k

Old 11-13-2003, 11:47 PM

Geez, all's I was doing was relating an experience I had, so I feel it had a point! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]What kind of design do you do? Me, I'm a Graphic Artist!

Old 11-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, not you, ABQ...

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 11-14-2003, 12:10 AM

im empathize with your pain that you got in an accident, it is your attitude with which i have a problem. you say you guarantee that you are a better driver then me, when in fact you could not know that. you dont know me, you have no idea how i drive.

from how you explained the accident, it clearly sounds like you were following too close to the car in front of you, but you blamed the other driver. what if, hypothetically, a kid ran into the street and the driver in the intersection had to stop to prevent from hitting that kid. would he still be a "some a$$hole doesnt know how to drive"?

btw - if you still want to go to im a better driver then you route, i have been driving for 14 years and have had no accidents. you: -1, me: 0.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:16 AM

i have never before made an agrumentitive or insulting reply before and just cause i havent posted as many times as you does not mean that my view points arent as valid as yours. we just dont agree on this issue. the only issue i have with this post is the fact that he called the other driver an a$$hole. maybe that is insulting or argumenetive, but i find it insulting that he would blame the other driver in this case and call him names.

btw - i was the other driver in this accident? j/k

Old 11-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the other driver did stop for no reason. Who knows? Would that make the other driver an @$$? Yes. Would that make the other driver at fault? No. He's just coming to this board to blow off steam after wrecking his car. Let him. It's much preferable to popping a cap in the @$$'s @$$. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It is better to keep a safe distance.. 4 second rule and all. But accidents happen. We get mad, then we get a clue, and we learn. You don't have to rub salt in the wound.

BTW, insurance companies don't always jack your rates up. This particular accident will probably raise rates a little, though. It doesn't stay forever.. they "forget" things in 3-5 years, depending on their policy. In this case, if you have comprehensive coverage, you might as well use it for your car.. 'cuz the liability claim is already out against you.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 11-14-2003, 02:37 AM

hrm...your right, i am prolly being a hypocrite here anyway, if same happened to me, i would prolly be pissed and vent some steam too. thx for making me see the light and my apologies phlly...

Old 11-14-2003, 09:42 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

LOL, not you, ABQ...

<hr></blockquote> LOL, sorry....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer about your car. But remember things could have always been worse. while technically your at fault, it doesn't negate the fact that the dumba$$ that stopped in the intersection is really the true cause. Now I am not advocating anything but the police report will have that jerky's address on it.

The problem with leaving a 4 second window is that is just enough for some a$$hole to try and swoop in on you. Then your left with even a worse situation.

Jim

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.