G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ouch!!!

This is why you don't just look ahead, but watch everyone around you. I can usually get a sense that someone's about to cut me off. It's more often that I think I'm about to be cut off and nothing happens, then I'm surprised by someone, so I'm usually prepared. In rush-hour traffic it's hard to maintain such a large buffer, but you should be alert and ready, and follow far enough back to stop in time.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 11-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey...no offense taken and apology accepted! Its just my G is my baby and anything that happens to it really kills me! i love that car more than anything! not just that...i do understand i was at fault for hittin the man...but who "power stops" in the middle of a 4-way intersection. we all make strong points and i guess we all help eachother out somehow! But for those who put in a good word for me...i appreciate it! i think she's goin into the shop next week! its gonna cost me around $1,700 - $1,900 to fix. the front bumper alone is more than a $1,000 (Infiniti claims its this expensive because i have the aero package and its different that the one without the areo package). So..hopefully everything will go smooth! Thanks again
KhaL

Old 11-14-2003, 07:58 PM

you might be in luck. you might get the aerodynamic body kit bumper out of the deal. I am pretty sure there is no difference between the aero kit bumper and the stock bumper. the aero kit is just underbody diffusers and a rear wing. The bumper from the aerodynamic body kit is totally different.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 11-14-2003, 08:17 PM

That's the point.. the front bumper is different.

Here's a couple of photos swiped from our rides section.

Stock front:

Aerodynamic Body Kit front:

The underbody diffusers don't come with the body kit, they come with the Aero Package (which is just the diffusers and rear spoiler). The body kit has the different front bumper, side skirts, and rear under spoiler in addition to the rear wing and is a nearly $3k option for the car, so yes, that bumper is more expensive.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:34 PM

If you look at YngPhllyKd photos of his damage, it clearly shows that hes has the standard sedan bumper. My advice is to keep quiet and hope that the dealer orders the aerodynamic body kit bumper for you.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 11-15-2003, 12:07 AM

Well, unless you have to pay for it yourself.. then you want the regular bumper, because it's cheaper.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:17 PM

true true...i actually just got off of the phone with the dealership and they told me that i only have the rear spoiler and not the whole aero kit. Therefore...the bumper will be around $256.00 and then i'm gonna need installation and paint. Any idea on how much it should cost for labor and paint?

KhaL

Old 11-15-2003, 01:56 PM

Now I am not advocating anything but the police report will have that jerky's address on it.

LOL! What are you saying then..DRIVEBY!!!!!!!!!! I'm just playing.

Neway I agree with both sides I hate drivers that yield or completely stop trying to get on on ramps or merging into traffic. I think these "safe cautious drivers" are just as dangerous as people who speed 20 miles over the speed limit.

But I also know from my brothers experience that you need to be prepared to stop at any time because he was rolling in a residential area and some kids ran in front of a car 2 cars ahead of him. That car stopped and the car behind it hit him and my brother hit the car in front of him and the car behind my brother hit him.

So bottom line is $#!T happens and hopefully you got full coverage to deal with it........

Old 11-16-2003, 01:09 AM

Posters....

You all missed the point. A fellow G was hurt (bad) in an accident. (can we please have a moment of silence)........

We all feel your pain here. I always try to look for the positive in any situation. Heck, after reading all these posts on bad drivers, I feel like I just went through traffic school. Any chance of getting my last speeding ticket removed?

(smiling)

Hope you aren't G-less too long.

G35_XTC
03.5S black/willow

Old 11-16-2003, 01:32 PM

The problem is morons doing something stupid that sets up the conditions for an accident to happen unless you are extremely vigilant. Just like the gum on the floor I stepped in last week - if I had looked and if I had seen it I could have avoided it so I guess it was partly my fault but isn't the moron who put it on the floor really to blame? Likewise if some moron does something weird, stupid, and/or unexpected in traffic or puts something like a recliner chair in the middle of the highway (I actually dodged this!). More power to you and congratulations on skillful driving if you can avoid it but you shouldn't have to in the first place.

2003.5 G35S 6MT - Silver/Graphite, Premium, Winter, Aero

Old 11-16-2003, 06:00 PM

wow...wow...alot of different points here! i appreciate all of the help. My car is suppose to go in sometimes this week and hopefully it wont take too long! i'll be sure to post up pics of my car when its done and i'll show you guys all what i've done to the car so far! Thanks G's!

KhaL

Old 11-16-2003, 06:04 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with your 'ouch' bro. We look forward to pics of your baby in tip top shape, and to the mods you have......
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.