G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Complaint Against N. Houston Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complaint Against N. Houston Infiniti

I brought my car in for service on 12-6-2006 and to this date (12-21-06) I have not gotten it back yet.

I brought it in because the infamous creaking sound returned to the front suspension. Both front compression rods have already been replaced before, so god only knows what the new problem is. Turns out I needed new struts, mounts and various other parts (including, you guessed it, new compression rods). I don't get it. How many times do I have to go through all this. My G only has 10,600 miles on it.

Because it has taken so long to repair I have contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs, the owner of the dealership, and all members of management at the dealership. Guess what? No one seems to care.

I was told that my car would be ready tomorrow afternoon (12-22-06). Problem is I am leaving tomorrow morning for Christmas vacation. I informed the dealership that because they took so long to complete some minor repairs their loaner was going on a little trip and would be returned to them on Tuesday 12/26 +3000 miles.

Seriously I want to warn anyone in the Houston area not to go to N. Houston Infiniti.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by DrJones
I brought my car in for service on 12-6-2006 and to this date (12-21-06) I have not gotten it back yet.

I brought it in because the infamous creaking sound returned to the front suspension. Both front compression rods have already been replaced before, so god only knows what the new problem is. Turns out I needed new struts, mounts and various other parts (including, you guessed it, new compression rods). I don't get it. How many times do I have to go through all this. My G only has 10,600 miles on it.

Because it has taken so long to repair I have contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs, the owner of the dealership, and all members of management at the dealership. Guess what? No one seems to care.

I was told that my car would be ready tomorrow afternoon (12-22-06). Problem is I am leaving tomorrow morning for Christmas vacation. I informed the dealership that because they took so long to complete some minor repairs their loaner was going on a little trip and would be returned to them on Tuesday 12/26 +3000 miles.

Seriously I want to warn anyone in the Houston area not to go to N. Houston Infiniti.
Sorry to hear that Doc. Good thing I live in AZ.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The good thing is, you don't have to put all those miles on your car.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned
Dont go to Clear Lake Infiniti on the S.E. of Houston!!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselX
The good thing is, you don't have to put all those miles on your car.
I was thinking the same thing. I've been to the dealership (not yours) various times for warranty work, and to me, as long as I have a loaner & am racking the miles up on THEIR car, it brings me comfort & I don't mind it too much....the only thing that stinks is driving a stock sedan loaner & I tend to miss my car over time.....

I know this doesn't answer your thread ?, but wanted to share another way of looking at the situation. The bottom line is, they're keeping your car & hopefully fixing it right the FIRST time. You don't know how many times I've had to make repeat trips to the dealership because they were incompetent & couldn't do the job right the 1st and 2nd times!!!! I bitc#ed at them for this & ended up getting a free detail out of them AND my next maintenance I need, they will be driving a loaner to me & picking up my car fo for the service!

Good luck w/ your car.

Jim

Old 12-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know why people complain when they are getting helped and it takes time to get parts and everything. there are certain parts that are not stocked and take time to acquire...at least they didnt leave you high and dry and tell you to go fugg off...

Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 AM
i was thinking about going to them cause they seemed friendly on the phone. I guess I won't now. Thanks for he info.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by g35rcr
i don't know why people complain when they are getting helped and it takes time to get parts and everything. there are certain parts that are not stocked and take time to acquire...at least they didnt leave you high and dry and tell you to go fugg off...
Normally I wouldn't complain but being that they identified the issues within the first 2 days and had the parts overnighted from Dallas it makes no sense why it still takes two plus weeks. Not to mention all my phone calls being ignored by my service advisor makes for an angry customer.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Hmm... this is not a bad idea. Take the car in for service every time I have to go on a trip

Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, I have to say NHI treated my right so far. Although, I've only had window/interior rattles and oil changes done. One time, they did scratch up my wheels pretty good when they were not even supposed to touch them. It didn't take much for them to fix them no cost and apologize.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I was called to come pick my car up at the dealership on 12-26-2006. My car was brought around from the back of the dealership. I went out to inspect it only to find 6 large dents on the passenger side. Three on the front fender and 3 more in the passenger door. I WAS LIVID!!!! I handed the keys back to the porter and demanded to see a supervisor.

And of course you could imagine how all the finger pointing started. Long story short the dealership agreed to fix all the dents that they had caused. They also gave me a full tank of gas and detailed the car after the bodyshop removed all the dents.

At this point I have decided that I will never go back to this dealership and I highly encourage anyone on this board in the Houston area to also stay away.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
I was called to come pick my car up at the dealership on 12-26-2006. My car was brought around from the back of the dealership. I went out to inspect it only to find 6 large dents on the passenger side. Three on the front fender and 3 more in the passenger door. I WAS LIVID!!!! I handed the keys back to the porter and demanded to see a supervisor.

And of course you could imagine how all the finger pointing started. Long story short the dealership agreed to fix all the dents that they had caused. They also gave me a full tank of gas and detailed the car after the bodyshop removed all the dents.

At this point I have decided that I will never go back to this dealership and I highly encourage anyone on this board in the Houston area to also stay away.
Thanks for the advice - looks like West Houston will get my car (next closest).

Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Houston sucks move somewhere else anyway.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by BigSash
Houston sucks move somewhere else anyway.
You provided me with a much needed laugh! Thanks for the sound advice!!

Cheers and Happy New Year

Old 12-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the advice. I just bought my G35 sedan yesterday and wouldn't want any of this to happen to me. And to Flyods_racing, why do you say to stay away from Clear Lake Infiniti? And does anyone have experience with Southwest Infiniti? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Complaint Against N. Houston Infiniti