G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Bad Accident!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
I Do not think 20 feet is off by much. The speed limit in most neighborhoods is 30mph. So it is a pretty controllable speed.

I agree that it's a controllable speed but at 35mph you are going 51.33 feet per second. You can't react and stop in 1/3 of a second.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damnnnnnn...that's nasty. I got into one back in september. Cost $10k to repair, but it definitely wasn't as bad as this. I'm glad you're ok though. Hope you have a good insurance.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Oh it'll buff right out, just take her to the car wash.
Yah, that with Krazy Glue and you are back in business.

Same **** happen when I tried to avoid an idiot at an intersection...swerve to the left, then to the right to correct, but at the same time I was swrving back to right, there is bend/corner, and the car started slipping (wet, rainny day). I managed to avoid ditch, three (bigass) oak tress, a fire hydrant; I took out the 45mph sign that smashed the windshield, a mailbox, shrubs, and a blue recycling bin. I felt like real-life grand theft auto racing.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned
35mph? and the road looks kind of straight IMO.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How do you do a 180 at 35mph w/ AWD and traction control? Especially when the road looks dry?

Sorry for your loss man. I'm sure the insurance will take care of it. Good luck

dnt have awd

and idk y but vcd was off

Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Brian
In this kind of a situation, you're going to be found at fault, right?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How do you do a 180 at 35mph w/ AWD and traction control? Especially when the road looks dry?

Sorry for your loss man. I'm sure the insurance will take care of it. Good luck
Doing a 180 at 35mph your speed had to of been reduced significantly. So I'm thinking you might of been going a little faster.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Was the VDC on/working? I can't pull that off in a snow/ice parking lot. Hope you get a good replacement car

Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
My sympathy meter isn't registering. Does this post "i just turned 17 3 months ago...and i have my g.....allot of kids drive fast and agressive, but we are not stupid about it like going 60 mph in a neighborhood or anything." strike a cord? Paulie, you've got to find something real in your life will help you mature into a strong confident adult. In the meantime, forget about cars. Seriously, you've got to stay away from fast cars because when you wreck your first car within 5 months of "ownership" you've been found incompetent and you need to start over with something a little milder. Sorry to be harsh but you're at an age where teen drinking and driving claims so many lives. I hope you can heed my warning to avoid drinking and driving AND don't get into a car driven by a drunk!

Old 01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and idk y but vcd was off
Yea i used to have a habit of turning VDC OFF once the car Started. But lucky i broke the habit. Yea, any updates on the car ?? Whats going on?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VQ_Hotness, check your pm.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
This post in no way is intended to point fingers or anything, but I thought folks might find the following article interesting:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ain-usat_x.htm

Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned
just reading back on my old post i got my new cars now and eveything is all godd...just realized allot of what you all said....i WAS NOT DRINKING....i was not speeding but as i must have left out i was going 35-40 moph...WHEN THE GUY PULLED OUT......to avoid hit i ACELERATED and Tryed to Avoid him and i was successful of that buy i went into a spin because i accelerated are and had to avoid him keeping in mind it was wet out and the VCD was off.....Just an update the car was totalled and i got money fron the insurance...and those bastard took 350 dollar for a bad interior" eventhough it was immaculate!@!!!!.....any way im just posting on my old thread i really miss my g and i am getting a new g in the future

Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
yo argue with insurance they will give you the 350, show them pics or something if you have some from before.. they tried to do that to me once, and I was like wtf and showed them pics and stuff and they gave me back the values they deducted. Good luck with the new G, its sad to say but insurance companies may look at this and say you were wreckless etc, even though u were avoiding another car, its almost like they want you to hit into the other car just to prove that he was there.. sad sad scenario

Old 05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pauliejr
just reading back on my old post i got my new cars now and eveything is all godd...just realized allot of what you all said....i WAS NOT DRINKING....i was not speeding but as i must have left out i was going 35-40 moph...WHEN THE GUY PULLED OUT......to avoid hit i ACELERATED and Tryed to Avoid him and i was successful of that buy i went into a spin because i accelerated are and had to avoid him keeping in mind it was wet out and the VCD was off.....Just an update the car was totalled and i got money fron the insurance...and those bastard took 350 dollar for a bad interior" eventhough it was immaculate!@!!!!.....any way im just posting on my old thread i really miss my g and i am getting a new g in the future
I had hoped that in the time between your original posts and this update post your grammar and spelling would have improved. Oh well...

Last edited by canucklehead; 05-18-2007 at 05:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad Accident!!!!